mtbr member
    Aug 2008

School MTB team passion

Hello everyone,

Forgive me if I am violating the TOS for this forum, but the best interest of my MTB team and other kids at my school is driving this post.

I am a teacher at a public lab school housed within the shared space of another building. Our Principal has been amazing with her support of our biking, skiing, climbing, and Project Adventure outdoor programs, and even granted permission for me to explore options for converting some of our storage space to a dedicated outdoor program room where bikes and skis could be worked on and stored.

The problem is that we are already short on secure storage for P.E./athletic equipment, and our storage situation is a mess. My Principal encouraged me to enter our school in the following contest to win $30k worth of storage facilities/equipment:

http://social.spacesaver.com/rockurs...ll.aspx?id=635

It would be awesome if you guys would go there and vote for the UW Lab School. Some really good kids stand to gain a lot if we were to win.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Will do!

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Awesome! I'm going to college at SUNY Oneonta and we're fortunate enough to have an entire Outdoor Education minor program. We have a full storage room just for camping gear, another for XC skiing and snowshoeing, as well as a large classroom lovingly called "The Bike Room" which is home to all of our private bikes, a work stand, tool kit, a dozen of the school's hardtails, a dozen canoes, and all of the trail building a fly-fishing gear.

Here's a link with some info, in case you're interested:

http://www.oneonta.edu/academics/phy...on%20minor.asp

PM me if you want more info or if you want to talk to someone in the department for some brainstorming.

Life is good.
    Go ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks guys.
    Academic studies can be fun sometimes.
    Last edited by biomania; 04-18-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0