Loser

Riding while its snowing...

Today Unsprung, KTMSX and myself headed out on a snow ride. There was about 2" of snow on the ground when we started, maybe getting close to 4" when we were done. It wasn't a great ride in and of itself, there wasn't enough traction for a "real" ride, however, there were points where it was more like skiing than riding. Overall a great time.

I've never ridden with KTMSX before. As his name implies he's an MXer. Like other MXers I've ridden with he had great balance and technical abilities, just lacking in the leg to pedal up hills. He definitely has the MTB bug, he'll be stronger by spring! The fact that he was smiling the whole way through the ride today says volumes about his commitment.

John

1,2) KTMSX JRA
    3) Unsprung likewise
    4) Taken while I was rolling along - it doesn't capture the cool rooster tails and packed snow.
    5) This is typical of what our bikes looked like afterwards. The world's only 45lb Titus RX100.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jisch; 12-04-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Freeriding Feline

Brave Souls

Our ride at Blue Mountain was cancelled due to that weather. You guys have guts, great pics too.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Riding in the snow is fun.... in a different sort of way. Tell KTMSX to stick with it and don't give up the KTM. As a converted moto guy, I still do both. The two sports are very complimentary and many of the skills transfer. The bike legs and lungs have to be earned though.

Looks like a cool day. No pun intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

good ride..

It was nice to meet you guys.. I was curious how it would be in the snow and it turned out good...pretty good traction considering....no doubt about earning the bike legs and lungs...I thought I was in decent shape from doing enduros ..we do like 75 to 100 miles but my little chicken legs need work.....I will be putting some miles on this winter.....

banned
    Mar 2005
    its great riding in the snow...i keep a couple of "winterbikes" just for riding in the snow and use heavy duty lubes to stop corrosion

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=147285

cheers

Belltown Brazer
    John, where were you riding? We hit Grayville yesterday and were slipping and sliding all over the place. Bigggest hassle was the pedals...should have put the flats with powergrips on. good to be out, we wer ethinking it might be the end of the season, depending on how much snow tomorrow.

Have a good holiday season.

B

Loser

Snip

Quote Originally Posted by MDEnvEngr
    John, where were you riding? We hit Grayville yesterday and were slipping and sliding all over the place. Bigggest hassle was the pedals...should have put the flats with powergrips on. good to be out, we wer ethinking it might be the end of the season, depending on how much snow tomorrow.

Have a good holiday season.

B
    We rode over at the Snip. It was slick in areas, but not bad at all, overall it stayed above frustrating all day. The downhills were downright fun. I didn't have a great deal of trouble with the clipless, just had to remember to rap my shoes against the chainstays before attempting a clip in. I did have a lot of problem with my rear der - I dipped it in puddles a couple of times, the lower pulley was getting pretty iced up.

Have a great holiday season as well.
    John

Members who have read this thread: 0