Thread: Re-im-passioned

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Good job! Re-im-passioned

So I'm just now getting over a little visit to the ER early this week, resulting in a day of bedrest and some major makeup tests---suffered from a condition called costochondritis, where the cartilege in the breastbone becomes inflammed and hurts a LOT.

Anyway, with the OK from Mom and Dad to do some light riding (heehee) I hopped onto my Rockhopper, pumped up the tires, got back on the Rockhopper, donned my spiffy new Serfas Optics shades (yay for birthdays), and set off to the double-track and multi-use trails 1/2 mile from my dad's office.

While breezing along, sans water, sans camelbak, sans anything, my jeans and t-shirt flapping in the wind, helmet on (as always), I realized...

I was having a Passion moment. You know when you're riding along, and you see that guy whizz along past you, grooving along the trail, having the best time in the world, being "one with the bike" and just enjoying the hell out of the bike and the environment...

I was that guy.

Happy trails, ya'll-
    -Aron

(sorry, all I had was my camera phone)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike to the Bone...
    Hope that you get well soon. Nice pics. Have lot's of fun over there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    just goes to show there IS mountain biking in Alabama

gotta represent

Cleavage Of The Tetons

Right on!! Do the hokey-pokey...

Cause that's what it's all about!!

Great post, keep that spirit.
    BTW: Swayback is freakin' FUN up there in Montgomery...you just gotta bunny hop the commandments, n' all!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Cause that's what it's all about!!

Great post, keep that spirit.
    BTW: Swayback is freakin' FUN up there in Montgomery...you just gotta bunny hop the commandments, n' all!
    I raced the Attack on Swayback last year, Oct 31. That race was one hell of a party, and since I had never pre-ridden the course, all I could learn was that it was "kind of sandy and loose, so run lower psi". Halfway through the race, I suffered my first mechanical, in the form of my rear wheel locking against the frame in a fast downhill corner, which caused me to suffer my first crash, in the form of slamming into a felled tree about shoulder height while looking down at my wheel. These events led to some rock-bashing fun with fixing them dropouts and true-ing a wheel on the fly.

BUT, I can honestly say I wasn't the last off the course, and still took the 1st place medal in my class (2nd, too, for my buddy Matt, who suffered an irrepairable wheel crackup in the first 2 miles).

I'm just itching to do some trials up Mr. Roy Moore's monument.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hope that you get well soon. Nice pics. Have lot's of fun over there.

get well soon....looks like a very fun trail....take your time and completely heal
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0