mtbr member

Quadruple Bypass Sufferfest xpost from the AZ board

You can catch up with other ride details in this Quadruple Bypass Ride Xpost

Yesterday was the 5 annual Quadruple Bypass Ride in the McDowell Mountains - (Scottsdale - Fountain Hills, AZ). Basically it is 33 and 6,900 vf (give or take mile or two and thousand feet).

Anycow, it was a great day out on the trail. And the clowns at the back of the bus had a great sufferfest. I've done a few of these, not to get all dorky on the scene here, but the encouragement of finishing is equally given as it is received. Well played, to the 6 person trail sweeper team.

Big thanks to WaltAZ and CoyoteKis for the support at the beginning, middle and end. That was freaking ahsum, and thanks for waiting for our sorry a$$e$ to finish.

Utter than my tire on derailleur issues and one Tom29 having a case of the flats, us slow pokes really had no mechanical issues. Suhweet!

Sure there many, many harder rides than this, but for a chump like myself, it is a pretty big challenge. To be honest, I felt pretty good all day; way better than last years edition. Shoot, I drank less than 150 OZ of water, only a 1.5 qts of gatorade, on snickers, two goo's and an apple. I had a nice burrito in pack, but didn't bother eating it (I need to go out to my car and grab it before some serious ickiness happens).

Great weather too , although I had my lungs from all the crap in the air. I had some pretty painful coughing fits after the ride.

Those two doods from Colorado just made us look silly finishing the ride in sumpin like 4:40, and big ups to the riders who did the Gnardruple (included Toms Thumb). The Gnardruple doods started at the same time as everybody else, but caught up the stragglers at Bell Pass. And then there is Chollaball, the only dood that I know of that has ridden each 'Annual Quadruple Bypass Ride' who started half hour later than everybody else and caught up to us at Bell Pass. Guts awards to you all.

I know, I know the song is kinda of a trite anthem, but it seemed to touch on the emotional feel of the ride for me, at least.

Here's a vid of the day:

Here is a link to Google Earth Interactive Tour to the straight up Quadruple Bypass
    Last edited by u2metoo; 01-23-2011 at 08:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks like you had some fun!

I need to get involved in some fun stuff like that....once I get my skills up to par.

mtbr member
    The riding isn't all that technical all though the 4:30 mark of the video showed kind of a tricky spot.

It is just challenging climbing day.

mtbr member
    Nice video! Alot of riders, helps make it easier to match up with like abilities. Thanks for the stoke, I'm sitting here with a couple of feet of snow on the ground.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    The riding isn't all that technical all though the 4:30 mark of the video showed kind of a tricky spot.

It is just challenging climbing day.
    The climbing is what kills me, my friend. I usually have the confidence and balance to handle some tech stuff, but my climbing sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    -20 this morn. up to the crack w/ snow. thanx, i needed that

Stucco Bucket
    nice stoke. I miss AZ.

mtbr member
    I ride with one of the 2 dudes from CO that turnrd a 4:40. On our rides I usually see him for about 5 min and then he is gone for the rest of the day. And that is when he is just "recovering".
    Looks like a hellova good time. Thanks for the vid.

bigringinit
    Jan 2010
    Sam That was a great day! Thank you for the vid and making trail sweeping a blast!!
    Watchin the vid makes it seem actually " Fun" ...,,,
    Great Day on the bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdf1968
    I ride with one of the 2 dudes from CO that turnrd a 4:40. On our rides I usually see him for about 5 min and then he is gone for the rest of the day. And that is when he is just "recovering".
    Looks like a hellova good time. Thanks for the vid.
    I had to take a short cut from the parking lot to trail in order to get a clip of those freaks of nature.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick85255
    Sam That was a great day! Thank you for the vid and making trail sweeping a blast!!
    Watchin the vid makes it seem actually " Fun" ...,,,
    Great Day on the bike!
    fo sho, Rick. That was a great roll.

I have a way of making the terrain appear easier than it is.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    great ride walt thanks for support the colorado boyz

Members who have read this thread: 0