Thread: Only One

Get out of town!

Only One

It's been asked but the times they are a changin'. If you could pick one full suspension steel frame, what would it be any why.

I know I want my next frame to be steel and have about 4" of travel. Beyond that....

Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    It's been asked but the times they are a changin'. If you could pick one full suspension steel frame, what would it be any why.

I know I want my next frame to be steel and have about 4" of travel. Beyond that....
    Although you didn't say what kind of riding you do, I'll recommend the Vicious Cycles Groover. Steel front end, Titus Racer-X 100 rear end. Reasons why: proven 4 inch suspension design and beautiful paint. I think Sycip does the same sort of thing with a Ventana rear end.

Final word: steel is real, but you are going to get hit with about a pound or so of extra weight compared to an aluminum FS bike.

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawhoo
    Although you didn't say what kind of riding you do, I'll recommend the Vicious Cycles Groover. Steel front end, Titus Racer-X 100 rear end. Reasons why: proven 4 inch suspension design and beautiful paint. I think Sycip does the same sort of thing with a Ventana rear end.

Final word: steel is real, but you are going to get hit with about a pound or so of extra weight compared to an aluminum FS bike.
    I ride a SS (steel), road bike (steel), and I have and Enduro Expert that I hammer quite regularly. 2 or 3 times a year I like to head up to Snowshoe or somewhere similar to DH and I just rent a freeride bike from the local shop...

I think a 4" travel steel frame would be best suited for a little "all mountain" riding and it could still be raced. At least this is what I am planning to do. It's funny that you mention Sycip because a local shop has one that makes my pants all tight. This is what I have my eye on now, but there are a lot of great bikes out there.

I rode a local road bike event this weekend (Bike Stampede/ Concord, NC) and some guys from phat cat customs were out there with a couple of Vicious bikes. They were unreal.

Members who have read this thread: 0