Official Cooler Inspector

Old Pharts Report - MTBIrv news

Cross over to The Dark Side and look what happens. Per her post on a motor-cycle board:

Woodsatyr crashed at Jennings. Owie.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I remember going out for the session. Then I remember being loaded in the ambulance. Everyone (except one person -- and I'll get to that) said that I was on the line going into turn 3 when an instructor tried to pass me at the apex of the turn. His rear tire and my front tire became intimate. I went flying face first into the ground. (You should see my helmet!!)

I'm beat up. Broken collar bone and concussion. My right hand must have gotten smashed (the tips of my fingers are really bruised). My left side rib cage really hurts. But I'll be ok.

Now, the one person who said something different... the guy who

1) picked the wrong place to pass
    2) couldn't complete the pass

said that I hit him. He said I was way out by the markers (I was in the race line) and he said he thought I was going to brake (???? Why the he!! would he be thinking I"d be braking and what the he!! difference does it make?!?!)

Bottom line is -- I was in front and had the line. This guy (an instructor no less) tried to make a pass where he wasnt' supposed to and he wasn't able to complete the pass. He apparently made it up right next to me at the apex of the turn.

The bike lowsided. He basically knocked the wheels out from under me.

Ok, I've held this train of thought as long as I can. Out.

Just want to pass this news on to those who know her. We talked tonight and she's doing pretty good - considering she was on a big old track bike going very fast when she crashed. BTW: Further posts support her position. The other person had not been on this track before and was riding stupid. Poor Cyn's luck!

Get well gal - time to come back to REAL cycling.

A wheelist
    Ouch! Poor Irv. We trade e-mails occasionally so I'll drop yer one today. Thanks for the hedd-zupp.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with information and motivation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dang! I'll bet that really smarts. See what happens when you put a motor on those things. Glad Irv's okay.

beer thief
    Thanks for the post. That totally sucks that the guy gaffed and still tried to blame her after he took her out. They should pull his certification.

Healing vibes your way Cynthia!

edit - do you have a link to the thread?

Official Cooler Inspector
    Forum link:

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44026

Don't you "it's not MTB" whipper snappers yell at me.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Hope Cynthia's a quick healer and gets back on two wheels (motorized or not) soon. I'm guessing the roots and rocks of WV are looking a lot less scary now.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

i worship Mr T
    heal fast C!!!

and in the meantime demerol is your friend.

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

mtbr member since 1997

Wow, sorry to hear you're injured Cynthia

That boy's kharma just took a hit for what he did to you. Sucks that he didn't fess up.

Heal up fast.
    Mary Ann

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Eat lots of chocolate...it's good for anything. But do take it easy for a while, just as broken bones need time to heal, concussions are a serious thing that need time as well ( lots of experience in that arena).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Well, that's sucky scuttlebutt, for sure!

Glad I stopped by...Irv, get better!

Instructor...due for a title change to Ex Instructor.

Bb, ( gas jobs look purtty from a distance, but...)
    bikes are art you ride

mtbr member

Thanks everyone!

I thought I posted this last night... maybe I dreamed it or something. Anyway...

Thanks everyone. I'll be ok. These things happen when you refuse to piss your life away sitting in front of the tube. No doubt I'll be out there again.

Bicycle related... I managed to get on my Loco a few times this past year. I went up to NC several times and I'd ride up at Tsali. When you haven't ridden for a while (and you're from the flat lands), Tsali might as well have 14,000 foot peaks!! haha! It was fun. I really enjoy riding there.

Ok, back to the couch (as much as I hate to do that). I oughta be back to normal at the end of the year. Gotta give time for this bone to heal.

See ya! C
    Old Phart

taxi mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbIrv
    These things happen when you refuse to piss your life away sitting in front of the tube. No doubt I'll be out there again.
    is good way to be sounding after crash. television reality is nowhere near real. heal soon and ride fast.

Members who have read this thread: 0