Thread: NOOB Passion!

mtbr member

NOOB Passion!

Better late than never! My friends got me into riding six months ago. I traded motorcycles for pedals and haven't looked back. What a riot, wish I would have started years ago!

SLO / Atascadero, California (3min video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8k2WyBIRno

(I posted this in the video section as well for the GoPro guys.)

mtbr member
    Tough crowd no comments good or bad...
    next video I'll have to figure out how to throw some 30 foot gaps in to impress you guys

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Considering you posted this at either 2 AM EST, some of us were asleep. I like it.

mtbr member
    We're all just envious because our trails are buried under snow

mtbr member
    do you still have your moto cuz that trail like that looks like it would be fun as hell enduro style! haha

mtbr member
    Very nice video! Was it speed up? Sure looks like you were flying down the trail D:

mtbr member
    No the video wasn't sped up, thats normal riding speed for the trail. Actually the run was a little slower than normal as it was the first day of riding after all the rains we had. Some sections were chewed up more than norm due to rock falls and pour water drainage.

The trail is closed to Dirt Bikes etc but occasionally you see some tire marks in the dirt... Can't blame them lol if I still rode I'd be hardpressed not to cheat and ride it once as well.

The trail actually has cool history, it used to be a stage coach road at the turn of the century.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dompedro3
    Considering you posted this at either 2 AM EST, some of us were asleep. I like it.
    ya good point... some times my brain gets damaged on night shifts... you forget the rest of the world isn't on a bizarre schedule as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    nice, man. looks like a fun ride. I got a friend that went to Cal Poly. gonna have to get out there.

mm9
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Cool video. What kind of moto riding did you do? I ride offroad/dual sport moto. Have been thinking a lot about getting out of moto myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mm9
    Cool video. What kind of moto riding did you do? I ride offroad/dual sport moto. Have been thinking a lot about getting out of moto myself.
    I rode motox's, street bikes, DS's and even had a chopper for awhile. Most of my adult life I always had a couple of bikes. I quit as my wife's nerves couldn't handle it anymore (especially the sport bikes), I'm the bread winner and we have a few kids sooo... "we" decided bikes had to go for awhile ... then luckily some local friends introduced me to mountain biking. Initially I bought the Costco Diamondback and then promptly folded myself up on it taking me out for a couple of months. Then heeding my friends advice I bought my first "real" bike (Norco Six Three) and my new addiction started!

This is the first "bike" I built and then later sold...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NOOB Passion!-augsep-104.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0