Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225

    New Bike Porn: BLUR XC

    I got the frame a week ago and had the bike built up yesterday with my old parts and a few new ones. Here are the details


    Large Blur XC
    Fox Float 100X
    Easton Monkey lite bar
    Magura Marta Brakes
    FSA Carbon Pro cranks
    SPD Pedals
    Thompson Post
    WTB Shadow Stealth Saddle
    SRAM XO Derailer and Grip Shift
    XT Front Derailer
    Speeddream wheels: Stans olympic rim, DT Swiss Hubs
    Weight 25 pounds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    432
    Sweet! Keep us updated on how that baby rides. I am looking at a this a possibility for my new ride.

  3. #3
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,502
    How is it different from last year's? What's "XO"?

    Boy am I drooling over the SRAM, but I want the trigger shifters. They came out with 'em like a week after I got my bike.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  4. #4
    Part-time rider
    Reputation: K-Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    210
    What bike did you have before? I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my Superlight with Blur XC frame.

    Also, how does X0 set-up compare with old-school XTR? I'd rather not going with the new rapidrise-only/dual-control XTR.

    K-Zero
    "It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Zero
    What bike did you have before? I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my Superlight with Blur XC frame.

    Also, how does X0 set-up compare with old-school XTR? I'd rather not going with the new rapidrise-only/dual-control XTR.

    K-Zero
    I had an Ellsworth Truth for 4 years and wanted to try something new. I switched SRAM whe I got the Ellsworth and found that it worked MUCH better then the Shimano
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

  6. #6
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543

    ooooh

    pretty.



    rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

    *rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    770

    Love that color

    That's my favorite santa cruz color. Sweet!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    80
    Great Looking Bike! Nice slection in the wheels!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,183

    Merlin, sizing question

    I think I ought to be on a large also, and SC via emails agrees. I am 5-10, 5-11 and have a 30-31 inseam. Just curious. I'd be shooting for almost the exact same bike..

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    How is it different from last year's? What's "XO"?
    First thought when i think of XO is:



    but i think the OP is talking about:

  11. #11
    Savvy?
    Reputation: SeanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    487
    Nice bike, Merlin!
    That which does not kill me, postpones the inevitable.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTB1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    861
    Hottness! Super nice bike you got there, congrats on the purchase.
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

  13. #13
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,574

    Smile Sexy and sick!

    She wants to be ridden, I think I see her cring! Oh wait she's speaking, quiet.... I want roots, I want rocks, how dare you keep me locked in that house, this is bike abuse. Oh fine if you won't ride me I'll puncture my tires, I'll do it, just wait til tomarrow. See I told you, now you have to pay $400 for theripy to get you two back together, maybe a epic ride will cheer her up. PS, she needs to eat. Give her some fresh mud.

    Sick ride, giver what she wants, lube and mud.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    I think I ought to be on a large also, and SC via emails agrees. I am 5-10, 5-11 and have a 30-31 inseam. Just curious. I'd be shooting for almost the exact same bike..
    Large sound right, I'm 6" 32 inseam
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

  15. #15
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,480

    Nice setup!

    Beautiful bike Rick. Curious to see how you like it after break in.

    Now go re-seal your deck before winter gets here (if it ever does ).

  16. #16
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Very nice build.

    SRAM and FSA are a great combo.

    The bike must be quite a change from the Ellsworth.
    Trev!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: santacruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by santa_cruzer
    Sweet! Keep us updated on how that baby rides. I am looking at a this a possibility for my new ride.
    Nice name Santa_cruzer

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    755

    Carbo cranks

    for mtb'ing. I'm wondering how this will hold up. I hope it does. I was toying with that idea many years ago. (I'm in the field of carbon fiber molding and lay-up)
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    I got the frame a week ago and had the bike built up yesterday with my old parts and a few new ones. Here are the details


    Large Blur XC
    Fox Float 100X
    Easton Monkey lite bar
    Magura Marta Brakes
    FSA Carbon Pro cranks
    SPD Pedals
    Thompson Post
    WTB Shadow Stealth Saddle
    SRAM XO Derailer and Grip Shift
    XT Front Derailer
    Speeddream wheels: Stans olympic rim, DT Swiss Hubs
    Weight 25 pounds
    _______________________________________________
    I was looking for this at the LBS in Minneapolis. Unfortunately they have to order the frame from the SC "rep", so no actual bike to view. The reason why I am interested in the SC Blur XC is for climbing. The price for the whole bike is about $2800 plus. For the price is it worth it?
    How does it handle with long climbs? plus roots, baby heads with it.

  20. #20
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    for mtb'ing. I'm wondering how this will hold up. I hope it does. I was toying with that idea many years ago. (I'm in the field of carbon fiber molding and lay-up)
    Hey!

    I have been running the FSA Carbon Pro Cranks for over 2 years now (non integrated but same thing) on the same bike and they have been flawless.

    Durability wise I am still surprised how good they are. Aesthetically they look fine - not as glossy but still great looking and performance wise they are top notch.

    I would not hesitate to use them on any other bike.
    Trev!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LacticAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    267
    Awesome. How do you like the ride? Too bad you can't bring it to NY with you

  22. #22
    fc
    fc is online now
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,921
    Nice Merlin!

    Variety is the spice of life you know. Sometimes I think one bike is perfect but it's really better to mix it up.

    francois

  23. #23
    Faller - Expert Class
    Reputation: psinsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    643

    Sweet ride, Merlin!

    Definitely a sweet ride! I noticed that you had some SpeedDream wheels also. I had Dave build up my current wheelset, and I swore the bike had grown a gas pedal the first ride on them! I definitely noticed a HUGE difference over my stock wheelset. Dave's a great guy and an amazing wheelbuilder!

    Again, have fun with the bike!

    Later!!
    2006 Kona Leroi


    Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

  24. #24
    Turner Homer
    Reputation: dtrek4500's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,227
    I love the xo that is on my turner. Thank you dad and e-bay. Btw nice bike, I want to get a santa cruz eventually.
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 11-20-2005 at 08:37 PM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by nonoy_d
    _______________________________________________
    I was looking for this at the LBS in Minneapolis. Unfortunately they have to order the frame from the SC "rep", so no actual bike to view. The reason why I am interested in the SC Blur XC is for climbing. The price for the whole bike is about $2800 plus. For the price is it worth it?
    How does it handle with long climbs? plus roots, baby heads with it.
    I did the first ride up my usual rock single track trail that I have taken many bike on over the years. It was the first time I did not have problem kepping the front wheel down. Also the rear end really stuck to the trail like to no other bike I've ever ridden! So far 2 thumbs up from me
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by LacticAddict
    Awesome. How do you like the ride? Too bad you can't bring it to NY with you
    So far I love the ride. I wish I could bring it to NY. we fly out tomorrow, the weather looks really cold with some rain ....I'll bring some cold weather gear, let me know if ou can make it for a ride.
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.