mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Bonking ... not feelin' well My passion died a little today

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Race-Fa...the-Doors.html

Iconic Canadian brand RaceFace has closed it's doors. They made almost everything in house in Vancouver for slightly longer than I've been riding, and it has always filled me with native pride to use well designed, made-in-Canada products on every bike I've owned.

I am not opposed to made-somewhere else products, I have oodles of those too. Hell I sell them for a living. It just makes me immeasurably sad to lose this pioneer company, this bastion of Canadian, this longtime companion.

Sad.
    this space left intentionally blank

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    R.i.p.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    i am truly saddened by this, having built several raceface bikes.
    how durable a bike or component is usually has a lot to do with how heavy and ugly it is.

Life is Good
    Not trying to be one of those ******rs who gets all upset about multiple threads, but there are a few discussions on this already:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=692439

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...87#post7844487

It definitely sucks though, I've always enjoyed their stuff and it has always held up to years and years of riding.

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I started this because it is a loss of passion, my passion... probably others too.

This is a big loss to the industry.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteel
    I started this because it is a loss of passion, my passion... probably others too.

three years from now all bikes will be speciatrek with shisram components.
    how durable a bike or component is usually has a lot to do with how heavy and ugly it is.

mtbr member
    And will cost more

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I kinda think this will get picked up by someone. The real shame is the manufacturing loss. That said if a smaller reputible company (like e.13/the Hive) wanted a quick expand. Raceface wouldn't be a bad brand to have

mtbr member
    I really can't believe this, I've used RF for years, it was by far my favourite MTB brand out there offering consistently good service and products. Weirdly enough I've just this morning received my RF Tempest jacket and Turbine 70mm stem just last week.

I hope someone can step in a keep them going...

Life is Good

Yea, I know, I wasn't trying to get you to post in those threads instead of this one, I just wanted to share the links so that you could see what other people were saying about it. No worries

Hopefully someone will pick up the company and keep it going... does anyone have any confirmation on this from RF themselves? So far all I've heard have been reports... No one is saying anything on their official FB page yet either.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was all just buildup to one elaborate April Fools joke?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Underskilled
    Dammit, so much for the buying Raceface Atlas because of the lifetime guarantee.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Thats too bad, they had quality reliable products at good prices.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Team Fearless Descender
    Wow, bummer to be sure. Always liked their stuff. Seemed(?) like a stable company. But, I guess in today's world...?
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

@adelorenzo
    Could be worse, at least nobody took a piss on the trail!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    An insider posted (on another forum/site) that the closure was not related to sales as they were strong.

I hope that the name does not get whored out. I would rather see them drift into history's footnotes than end up like so many other brands: Syncros and Ritchey to name just two.

Rolling
    I will miss those warping X- style cranks.

Dirt Huffer
    DamMit! No!

used to be RipRoar
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My passion died a little today-img_2717.jpg  

mtbr member
    Weird... they have a full two page cranks ad in this months MB Action mag too...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOCanucker
    Weird... they have a full two page cranks ad in this months MB Action mag too...
    adds are bought sometimes months in advance and the company submits copy later on.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    crap , better buy a couple of sets of turbine rings for my deux crank set

mtbr member
    Man, I was about to buy their 2x10 carbon cranks. I have always used their cranks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    john p (who works there) posted this on RM

I wish the situation was optimistic, but we've been told the company is going to be liquidated, and 90% of us are unemployed as of next week. They'll keep a few people on to assist with the liquidation.

My tenure with the company has been short, but it's been a fun ride. Thanks to all the great athletes, customers, and media folks I've had the opportunity to work with. Thanks also to the amazing group of coworkers I have out here. All of you make stuff like this hurt a lot less.

--JP

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J
    I really can't believe this, I've used RF for years, it was by far my favourite MTB brand
    I hope someone can step in a keep them going...
    This is my sentiment exactly. I've got so much RF stuff to the point that for certain components, I never considered anything else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah this is a real loss. I guess this serves as a notice to us in the future, to keep buying parts from small places, Straitline for example. I'd hate to see these great companies go.

Currently in Exile
    You can blame me. I have never purchased a single RaceFace component.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Tossin the salad.
    Don't have much RaceFace components anymore.

However, I had these sitting in the garage, which were taken off by installing my ergon's

Hate to see them leave the market though...........

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    i think it goes without saying, but raceface has been one of those companies who offered cheap, good, reliable parts for those of us who couldn't afford a new shimano or SRAM component group every year that's 0.01g lighter and costs 1000 dollars more.

i am, like many on here, old enough to remember when SRAM was the upstart and introduced their thumb shifters. shimano sued, and when they lost that lawsuit suddenly you could get affordable, reliable thumb trigger shifters for less than 40 bucks.

we need competition. when i build a bike, i'm looking for reliable and cheap. i don't care if it's hollow, carbon fiber, laser etched, or light--because i personally am none of those things.

what does this mean?

now we're relegated to SRAM's redheaded stepchild truvativ for our cheap gear? or maybe the stillborn child of once proud bontrager, ritchey, a subsidiary of TREK international enterprises, LLC.

when the third party manufacturers, and ones that make good stuff at that, start to fall off, prices go up, the industry leaders stop innovating, and we're back to the mid 90s when innovation meant a bright purple anodization that matched your hammer pants.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This sucks, but maybe like the other guy said, someone will buy all the equipment and man power of race face and develop something cool and fresh to in a way carry on that RF legacy........ I hope so anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eat_dirt

i am, like many on here, old enough to remember when SRAM was the upstart and introduced their thumb shifters. shimano sued, and when they lost that lawsuit suddenly you could get affordable, reliable thumb trigger shifters for less than 40 bucks.
    You mean Grip Shifters, right?

Otherwise, well said!

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    ritchey, a subsidiary of TREK international enterprises, LLC.
    Did Trek purchase Ritchey?

Cheers,

KP

mtbr member
    it's hard to replace total homegrown goodness. Knew a really good guy back when Syncros were still in there little Vancouver, BC place. Miss those days! Hope RFs whole crew all find something equally passionate livelihoods to move to.

i don't know anything about RF business but this smells like greed from the inside. There's no reason 18yrs should go away unless someone's cookin books and pocketing on the side. Put my money on greed/mismgnmnt.

@ akron11 - agree with u on Straitline. Greg up there is funny people but are serious mfg talent as well
    Last edited by 53119; 03-14-2011 at 07:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I was just going to say that it is too bad, when biking components company goes out of business like that. And then I took the only Raceface product I owned - Raceface Aquanot pants. They are new - I bought them in December for winter riding. After yesterday's 23-mile ride there is huge hole on the rear side. It looks like material just gave up and got opened, and not along the stitches. Raceface, with the quality products like this you will not be missed! Good riddance!

mtbr member
    I had a Race Face Aquanot jacket for the best part of10 years and have only just put it into semi retirement last week when my replacement RF Tempest jacket came. Your hole in your pants could have simply been caught up on a branch or something that would have ripped a hole in any material.

Plus I think we have to remember about the 30+ people looking for work as a result of this before saying good riddance to what is such an iconic brand.

Devil Mtn
    we need competition. when i build a bike, i'm looking for reliable and cheap. i don't care if it's hollow, carbon fiber, laser etched, or light--because i personally am none of those things.

what does this mean?
    So you are saying that you are reliable and cheap?

Keep The Rubber Side Down
    That's a shame. Great brand; great products.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Business is business. If they stayed in operation too long then your componants would say "Made in Taiwan" eventually! I'm glad RF never outsourced like some of these other company's do. I hate when they do that unless it's the foreign company buying parts that WE make! LOL! (Former rant removed)
    Last edited by Bataivah; 03-14-2011 at 11:24 AM.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reklar
    So you are saying that you are reliable and cheap?
    yes, yes i am.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    RIP RaceFace...

I just ordered a light bashguard from them too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony.delorenzo
    Could be worse, at least nobody took a piss on the trail!

funny
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119
    it's hard to replace total homegrown goodness. Knew a really good guy back when Syncros were still in there little Vancouver, BC place. Miss those days! Hope RFs whole crew all find something equally passionate livelihoods to move to.

i don't know anything about RF business but this smells like greed from the inside. There's no reason 18yrs should go away unless someone's cookin books and pocketing on the side. Put my money on greed/mismgnmnt.

@ akron11 - agree with u on Straitline. Greg up there is funny people but are serious mfg talent as well
    Don't be so quick to make the claim of cookin the books or off loading cash. With the economy as slow as it is, for as long as it is, many business just couldn't keep going. A lot of business can survive a qtr or two in the red. It's when you start getting 4, 5, 6 qtrs in the red, you can't keep the doors open. You can attribute this to mismanaging and not adjusting to the market place. Without anything glaringly obvious, I wouldnt think it was anything shady.

mtbr member
    I won't claim to have the pulse of the world's mt biking scene, but this kind of surprises me.

There are other brands that if I heard this news, it wouldn't really surprise me, but with RF, it does. What was the problem? I've seen multiple sources that say it wasn't sales. When you're in the business of making and selling things, and sales isn't the problem, that doesn't leave many other options.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    Don't be so quick to make the claim of cookin the books or off loading cash. With the economy as slow as it is, for as long as it is, many business just couldn't keep going. A lot of business can survive a qtr or two in the red. It's when you start getting 4, 5, 6 qtrs in the red, you can't keep the doors open. You can attribute this to mismanaging and not adjusting to the market place. Without anything glaringly obvious, I wouldnt think it was anything shady.
    Speculation on one of the other threads linked here put it pretty simply.
    Of course rumor mill is going to be large but it may be a combination of factors that snowballed or it may look very different from this end than at the time it was happening.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    From NSMB.com

RACEFACE SHUTS ITS DOORS

Words by Stuart Kernaghan.
    Date: 2011-03-13

"Friday, March 11 2011 was a sad day for the bike industry: Vancouver-based component and armor maker Race Face shut its doors.

Details on exactly what happened or why are unclear at this point, but the basics are pretty straightforward. Race Face had been in receivership [a process where a company is in financial difficulty with its creditors, and control of its assets and/or operations are put in the hands of a third party whose job is to sort out the financial mess] for some time.

The receiver decided to shut down the business and lay off virtually the entire workforce. From what I’ve been able to piece together, that information went out to staff on Thursday and the “news” became public on Friday. I heard the first rumblings on Facebook, in a status update from someone in the bike industry. There was nothing from Race Face on its web site, but word started spreading across the interweb during the day.

The most official thing that I was able to find was a posting from John Pentecost, the marketing communications manager for protection and components and product manager for protection. John joined Race Face in August 2010 after the company’s former marketing manager, Julian Coffey, went to Pinkbike.

John posted something on the Ridemonkey forums on Friday afternoon in response to a thread asking about Race Face’s future. His comments were pretty clear: “we've been told the company is going to be liquidated, and 90% of us are unemployed as of next week. They'll keep a few people on to assist with the liquidation.”

Word is that a few people – a very few people – knew that there was a good chance that this would happen, but most of the staff had no idea. The company was even hiring people up until a few weeks ago.

It’s an unfortunate chapter in the story of a brand that has been part of the mountain bike scene for nearly two decades. Race Face originally started as a Rocky Mountain Bikes house brand, but split off in the early 1990s with its own line of bars, stems, cranks and chainrings.

Over the next two decades, Race Face pushed hard to become the premier aftermarket component maker and in many regards, the company succeeded. Cross country parts, downhill parts, and in recent years all-mountain and road parts, from Race Face were spread across the cycling landscape. They were the components of choice for discerning riders who weren’t afraid to pay for quality. There were a few exceptions to that (bottom brackets being the big one), but for the most part, Race Face components were strong, durable and aesthetically appealing.

The brand grew fairly steadily between the ‘90s and the mid- to late the 2000s, thanks in part to Race Face getting a slice of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) market and increased offerings for the burgeoning all-mountain market. Race Face also expanded when it acquired Roach protective clothing in 2005, and started turning out protective gear under the Roach / Race Face label. Many high-profile riders were on the Race Face team, including Paul Basagotia, Darren Berrecloth and Wade Simmons, to name a small few. Everything was looking good for the company, but apparently there were some fairly significant problems behind the scenes. And it all came crashing to the ground this past week.

Why the company went into receivership is open to speculation at this point but several things could have played a part, including: the high cost of manufacturing components in Canada versus Asia, the overall effect of the recession on the bike business (people buy necessities rather than luxury items when the economy is tight), the cost of athlete sponsorships for high-profile riders, operational or cashflow management problems, the strong Canadian dollar versus the US dollar and even losing a large share of its OEM business when Giant drastically cut back on Race Face parts in favor of its own house brand and Shimano parts. Who knows - maybe it was a little bit of everything.

What happens next remains to be seen, but if a liquidation does go ahead, the receiver will likely sell as many Race Face assets as possible to recover money and pay down the company’s debt. That may include the CNC machinery used to make cranks, stems and chainrings, product inventory, any real estate the company owns and any other assets than can be turned into cash. The receiver probably has an idea of when and how that will happen, but chances are it will pass right by the average mountain biker. Local bike shops will not be flooded with cheap Race Face parts. The liquidator will want a quick sale, which could mean an auction for large groups of items or even the entire inventory to someone like an online retailer.

The receiver could theoretically sell the entire business, including the inventory, but that’s a bit of a long shot. The buyer would likely have to take over Race Face’s debt, and that would be unappealing to most companies given the current state of the economy and bike business. The one exception to that rule would be a company that saw value in the Race Face brand and believed it could restructure the business in such a way that it became profitable. That would mean taking all component manufacturing offshore, cutting back on sponsorship, dropping lines or entire product groups that weren’t profitable and drastically streamlining operations.

And that’s reminiscent of another Vancouver component maker that went under: Syncros. Back in the day, Syncros was the other high-end, highly sought after name in mountain bike components.

Syncros went bankrupt in 1999 and was bought a couple of years later by GT Bicycles’ parent company, Pacific Cycles. It languished for many years, lost a lot of prestige, and became a house brand for GT. Syncros was eventually purchased by Ritchey Design, the company started by mountain bike pioneer Tom Ritchey, who saw an opportunity to make all-mountain and freeride parts under an established brand rather than trying to sell the idea that a company specializing in lightweight XC parts – Ritchey – could also make ultra-durable components. Syncros is back again as a free-standing component company, but the brand has lost a lot of the cachet it once had. And the parts aren’t made in Vancouver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen to Race Face, but you never know. Stay tuned to nsmb for more details on the situation as they become available.

In the meantime, all us here at nsmb would like to thank the people at Race Face that we’ve worked with over the years for their support, encouragement and enthusiasm. We’ve enjoyed riding and testing Race Face gear, but more than that, we’ve enjoyed working with you. Good luck to the entire Race Face team, and hopefully we’ll see you on the trails before too long."

fan of maple syrup
    That is indeed really sad to hear. I was never a fan of Raceface's stuff when at fist I only saw it as OEM parts on Giant bikes. But then I bought an Evolve XC crankset on the cheap (pulled off a Giant post-purchase as the owner wanted Shimano) and was impressed with it's smooth & precise upshifting. On close inspection it's shifting pins were razor sharp and clearly better machined than the Shimano cranks I'd replaced. In fact on closer inspection, everything about the cranks seemed better machined than the Shimano ones.

So my switch to Raceface cranks began, and I've run them ever since. Even their BB's have yet to fail me (but I'm told they will pretty soon). And it has to be said, their colour-anodizing is superb. I have matching red Atlas cranks & bars on my white Nomad, and I love the look & feel of both.

I hope it isn't a sign of things to come for smaller MTB parts producing companies.

mtbr member
    I was just thinking a few days ago about buying an Evolve or Deus crankset too. I'm glad I did'nt now. I want to be able to replace the BB with the original RF replacement part. As well as the rings also.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    That's too bad. I own a few of their products, and they do exactly what they should. End of story.

Actually just de-anoed a pair of square taper, 110/74, 180mm Turbine LPs for a new project, guess I should be glad I scored the rings are spacers from them when I did, just a few weeks back.

I will add though, and perhaps it's just me, but when they adopted the "angry eye" logo a few years back, it kinda killed it for me. I'm a generally upbeat rider, bike parts aren't about being pissed off, at least not for me. So to plaster everything you make with an icon that looks like it wants to rip my face off, well, I guess it didn't help in the end.....

Don't worry, it's a universal oddity for me, all sports team mascots having to look pissed off, irritates me too.

Hope those folks out of work, find employment, good luck guys and gals.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    I'm sad to see them go too but maybe they just got too big. The last time I was on their website I was a bit overwhelmed with all the choices. I ordered a bottom bracket a few months ago and had to call RaceFace to get a handle on what the subtle differences were between several models. Made in Taiwan btw.

I'm not saying they should have remained small but medium might have kept their doors open. I don't know how many people I know who have said they made just as much money and were happier when it was just them and one helper as they do now that they have 20 employees and quality control is out the door and they can't sleep at night.

Just splitting it in 2 parts with cranks/bb/chainrings in one and bars/stems/seatposts in another would be a good move. We can probably do without more grips and headsets.
    No it never stops hurting, but if you keep at it you can go faster.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bataivah
    Business is business. If they stayed in operation too long then your componants would say "Made in Taiwan" eventually! I'm glad RF never outsourced like some of these other company's do. I hate when they do that unless it's the foreign company buying parts that WE make! LOL! (Former rant removed)
    uh, they've outsourced a lot their production since a couple years ago

mtbr member
    I assumed all there production was in Canada. In that case I don't care that they went under. If they outsourced to the states then it's ok by me since I live here!

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    what will we all do with out the overpriced junk, colours and flames? oh no! lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    what will we all do with out the overpriced junk, colours and flames? oh no! lol
    If it looks cool, how can it be junk? Ha Ha!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Race-Fa...the-Doors.html

Iconic Canadian brand RaceFace has closed it's doors. They made almost everything in house in Vancouver for slightly longer than I've been riding, and it has always filled me with native pride to use well designed, made-in-Canada products on every bike I've owned.

I am not opposed to made-somewhere else products, I have oodles of those too. Hell I sell them for a living. It just makes me immeasurably sad to lose this pioneer company, this bastion of Canadian, this longtime companion.

Sad.
    Wow, I can't believe this. Wonder if anyone will pick the company up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bataivah
    I assumed all there production was in Canada. In that case I don't care that they went under. If they outsourced to the states then it's ok by me since I live here!
    Like I said my BB was made in Taiwan. I'll bet a lot of their stuff is/was made there which would almost be mandatory with their size, volume and low pricing people keep pointing out.

I doubt anyone outsources to the US for anything anymore except maybe litigation lol. That is one of the main reasons we are having trouble. We don't make s*it any more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by modifier
    Like I said my BB was made in Taiwan. I'll bet a lot of their stuff is/was made there which would almost be mandatory with their size, volume and low pricing people keep pointing out.

I doubt anyone outsources to the US for anything anymore except maybe litigation lol. That is one of the main reasons we are having trouble. We don't make s*it any more.
    One of the main reasons that I'm out of work right now!

mtbr member
    three years from now all bikes will be speciatrek with shisram components.
    Or Speciaram and Shitrek.

Retro Grouch
    Nov 2008
    this is very sad news indeed. I have known race face to produce only quality products. In fact I just bought a raceface headset a few months ago. the mechanic told me that it would likely be the last headset I would need on that bike.
    Carpe diem while you can ...

Stucco Bucket

A lot of their stuff was made in Taiwan. The difference is they didnt outsource. They went and opened up shop out there, sent employees from the Canadian facilities and ran a full on manufacturing plant.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Big loss for all us... they make/made great products... :-(
    --- Ellsworth Epiphany ---
    San Anton, TX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    A lot of their stuff was made in Taiwan. The difference is they didnt outsource. They went and opened up shop out there, sent employees from the Canadian facilities and ran a full on manufacturing plant.
    Really? That's interesting. I guess they must have been in a smaller town because I'm pretty sure the rent or purchase price for real-estate in a large city in Taiwan is quite a bit higher than in Canada. Then you ship workers over there and have to pay them at least as much if not more than if they worked in Canada, and don't get to take advantage of possible lower worker wages for local Taiwanese labor. All that makes the whole idea hard to understand. Especially if they were actually manufacturing and not just assembling parts that others cast, molded, forged, machined, extruded. Maybe they can get certain things cheaper over there. Or they don't have to pay as much tax as with Canada social programs.

It would be informative to actually know some of those numbers. Then again they are going belly up.

mtbr member
    Really? That's interesting. I guess they must have been in a smaller town because I'm pretty sure the rent or purchase price for real-estate in a large city in Taiwan is quite a bit higher than in Canada. Then you ship workers over there and have to pay them at least as much if not more than if they worked in Canada, and don't get to take advantage of possible lower worker wages for local Taiwanese labor. All that makes the whole idea hard to understand. Especially if they were actually manufacturing and not just assembling parts that others cast, molded, forged, machined, extruded. Maybe they can get certain things cheaper over there. Or they don't have to pay as much tax as with Canada social programs.

It would be informative to actually know some of those numbers. Then again they are going belly up.
    Not all the workers would have likely been Canadian; just a couple good managers and such is all that would be needed. More importantly, as someone else mentioned already, if you want to competitively sell parts for OEM use you need to be where the frames are made and all the other parts are assembled

Stucco Bucket
    There are employees in Taiwan who did not get a means to travel back to Canada aftertheir job dried up. You can google it.
    Still after rent or whatever, Unions make over here, make everything cheaper in Taiwan. Material, low wage labor, water, etc.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainChain
    And will cost more
    ...while the employees will be paid less.

You got that right!

BTW, I never say any "made in Canada" on anything RF....just Taiwan....wtf? Seems to me they were a Canadian company producing all their goods in Asia....that doesn't count as Canadian imo.

NO offense intended to the OP, just sick of companies claiming to be American, Canadian, whatever, but in reality they just manage crap produced in a low wage, pollute the Earth third world country.
    Get off the couch and ride!

mtbr member
    Yep...should've never used that weird ass logo!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogz
    ...while the employees will be paid less.

You got that right!

BTW, I never say any "made in Canada" on anything RF....just Taiwan....wtf? Seems to me they were a Canadian company producing all their goods in Asia....that doesn't count as Canadian imo.

NO offense intended to the OP, just sick of companies claiming to be American, Canadian, whatever, but in reality they just manage crap produced in a low wage, pollute the Earth third world country.
    no, not all of it. I believe they made the high end Alu parts in Canada, and I know for sure they made all their carbon parts in Canada

Stucco Bucket
    yes it all started out canadian, and it would have closed long ago if it all was still made in canada. I think ~25% was canadian made.
    I love raceface and I will be snatching up a lot of it for my future rides.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Hmmmm.... Interesting news just came in. Maybe Shiggy will fill us in. Seems there might be something brewing to keep Race Face alive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Hmmmm.... Interesting news just came in. Maybe Shiggy will fill us in. Seems there might be something brewing to keep Race Face alive.
    Talkin bout this? https://www.facebook.com/TitusCycles?sk=wall
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Still hoping that on Friday they'll reveal that it was all just a big April Fool's joke.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Yup!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Saw a post that Titus (Planet X) may be buying RF, Titus is selling there carbon FTMs & Xs at a reduced price to raise the money.

Members who have read this thread: 1