Thread: My first video

Watts Up?

My first video

Edited my first video of our Thursday Nighter. The trails aren't spectacular but it was a fun exercise. I just used the movie maker that comes bundled w/ MS Media Player. I should've used a helmet mount light for light source.

Lemme know what you think, it'll get better w/practice,

JB

PS - I'm not really a Whitesnake fan, but some guy was singin' it on the ride so it seemed appropriate.

RideOn
    RideOn!

JB

l Love2Ride and Ushould2!!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

hooah

I think it was nice first edit. I was looking at google video the other day--I've made 3 compilations now--prob is they are all around 20 to 30 minutes in length. Google prefers MPEGs be uploaded. My lengthy DV edits the computer would rather take its time and render a video TS file for out put to DVD. On the crunch it all in one render pass of MPEG it wants to freeze. That and I'd imagine it would take forever to upload 150 MB-1GB file sizes. Now I know why most mtb vids on the web are only 5 to 8 minutes. I'll have to work on something short eventually. So far Ive just been making a few DVD copies for friends.

Keep at it and good luck--eventually mic the action and mix it in the music soundtrack. Studio9+ by Pinnacle is a very nice editing system and if people prep their systems right it works like a champ. Sony+Vegas looks neat too but at 500$ I'll stick to the 70-100$ Pinnacle.

Have fun. I'll be DVing out at Aeia Loop here on Oahu Sun morning.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbspinnen'
    Edited my first video of our Thursday Nighter. The trails aren't spectacular but it was a fun exercise. I just used the movie maker that comes bundled w/ MS Media Player. I should've used a helmet mount light for light source.

Lemme know what you think, it'll get better w/practice,

JB

PS - I'm not really a Whitesnake fan, but some guy was singin' it on the ride so it seemed appropriate.

RideOn

Watts Up?

Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    I think it was nice first edit. I was looking at google video the other day--I've made 3 compilations now--prob is they are all around 20 to 30 minutes in length. Google prefers MPEGs be uploaded. My lengthy DV edits the computer would rather take its time and render a video TS file for out put to DVD. On the crunch it all in one render pass of MPEG it wants to freeze. That and I'd imagine it would take forever to upload 150 MB-1GB file sizes. Now I know why most mtb vids on the web are only 5 to 8 minutes. I'll have to work on something short eventually. So far Ive just been making a few DVD copies for friends.

Keep at it and good luck--eventually mic the action and mix it in the music soundtrack. Studio9+ by Pinnacle is a very nice editing system and if people prep their systems right it works like a champ. Sony+Vegas looks neat too but at 500$ I'll stick to the 70-100$ Pinnacle.

Have fun. I'll be DVing out at Aeia Loop here on Oahu Sun morning.
    I had it mic'ed but no wind screen made for allot of useless noise when we were rollin'. And MS Movie Maker does not let you vary the audio mix throughout the video so I just had to go with full on music. There was some good conversation throughout that I'd of liked to keep in there. I did it all on my SONY laptop and the final edit was 70MB. Took about 15 minutes to Googlize on a cable connection. It looks they crunch it even more when they optimize it for Flash.

I've heard Pinnicle is good. I'll have to try it. I've had lock up problems on said laptop when converting large video files to DVD so I don' t do it anymore. Gonna get a new desktop for Christmas, prolly a SONY, but not sure yet.

Hawaii has to be a beautiful place to ride. Went to Maui and rode up Haleakela 20 years ago and planning to try it again in '07.
    RideOn!

JB

l Love2Ride and Ushould2!!

Currently in Exile

Pretty ambitious

Taking on the dark in your 1st video attempt. Not bad, and I see that Google Video lets you load up larger files than putfile does. I will have to check that out. You may want to get in contact with Werewolf. He has some pretty good night ride videos and could pobably point you in the right direction concerning lights.

Great to see that many people out for a night ride. I usually find myself riding alone in the dark.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

E !

That's cool

Thanks for sharing.
    Here i go again! AAAAAHHHH!
    the - E - dog

Members who have read this thread: 0