back in the saddle again

Smile My First MTB Dream

Night before last night I dreamed I was out on the trails with a couple of girl friends. Our ride was mostly clear with some random patches of snow and ice, just enough to keep us on alert. We were riding along and came to a hill we'd never encountered before. I was chosen to dismount and hike to scope it out. Turned out that the hill lead to a 30 foot drop off with construction going on at the other side. Bull dozers and land moving a-plenty. So we lamented the fate of the land briefly and discussed what the project might be. Then we got back on our bikes to search for more trails elsewhere.

What are some of the dreams you have about MTBing?
    Just a Kitty cruisin' in the Rockies with her Pumpkin (TREK 820)

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    That's cool, maybe a 'look before you leap' Premonition. I had a dream about riding (with) you and your girlfriends too. ;-)

back in the saddle again
    I do tend to air on the side of caution.
    It would have been nice to have had you along. You could have bullied all the construction workers out of there so we could have had a blast ripping through all that fresh loose dirt!

It was pretty surreal... One moment we were in the perfect unspoiled arms of mother Nature, the next, it was machines and exhaust and destruction.

Team Inflexible
    My dreams have been consumed with my custom 29er build this winter!

Bike Matron
    Jul 2004
    Nothing quite to Jungian as MTBkitty, but I 've had a few dreams about effortlessly doing some technical move or another -- one had to do with bunny hopping a log. When I woke up it was fun to remember having a mountain bike dream.

mtbr member
    I have had a couple dreams about the downhill sections where I always fall...only in my dreams I'm descending like a pro.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I dreamt a little while ago that I was hitting massive berms, one that went up the side of a house. (mackaskill style)

mtbr member
    I've had dreams of endless swooping flowing singletrack and me being TOTALLY in the groove. those are awesome dreams.

My spelling is atroshus
    I dreamed I was on my bike and was falling off the side of the mountain.... it went on forever, then I woke up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My dreams have been consumed with a rainbow coalition of honeys buffing my fleet of mountain bikes, among other things.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by annamagpie
    I've had dreams of endless swooping flowing singletrack and me being TOTALLY in the groove. those are awesome dreams.

I have this one nearly every night . Night before last, however, I debated the merits vs increased weight of a 185 mm disc vs a 160 mm disc on the front wheel as a brake upgrade . That'd better never happen again. Only riding is allowed in the dreams .
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    In my dreams, I ride effortlessly, smoothly, leaping over whatever gets in the way, never out of breath.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

thecentralscrutinizer
    My dreams involving my bikes are all about racing and winning and having my family there to witness it. Too, I do have dreams about riding places out west, brought on by people posting pictures from trips, and tight eastern singletrack, as well as trails back home in western Pennsylvania.

The only woman I dream about is my wife.............
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2019 Marin Rift Zone 3

back in the saddle again
    Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I had another one.

This time it was just me, out on a forest trail. Thoughts of MTB Manners rose up in my head upon waking because the trail was pretty muddy and it didn't look too much like an official trail. But there were tracks out there already that weren't mine so I was careful not to go off the beaten path, and had a blast!

mtbr member
    I have been dreaming of a black pike fork 454 on my custom number 3
    ilovebikes.blogspot.com

Members who have read this thread: 0