mtbr member
    Jul 2005

MTB video - taiwan MTB park

Check it out, but the connection speed is kinda slow

http://home.pchome.com.tw/team/wildboars/video.htm

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    ha ha but it was all in Japanese--and the video I selected had a bunch of non-XC type of stuff in it...
    still thanks 4 posting--twas something different from the rote anyhoo./

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ??? japanese?? I believe they ar chinese.

Old man on a bike
    Please tell me that someone in our military can really tell the difference between Taiwan and Japan...the video link didn't work for me but I think it's pretty cool they're into mtb parks and such, after all they are the center of the bicycle manufacturing universe these days...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    actually.........I heard they spoke chinese.

PS" I m a chinese

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

ha

oops--sorry--didnt pay too much attention when I was reading the original post---and no I did not check out the website very well. I will say I have neighbors--Korean man married to a Japanese lady and if they wouldnt have said from the start there is no way i would have known they were different nationalities.

So no unless someone tells or there are other clues -unless you've been immersed in the culture somewhat--it is pretty hard to tell. Most people think my last name si of German descent and they are "almost" right but its Bohemian--hardly anything to be offended about or just think people should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Please tell me that someone in our military can really tell the difference between Taiwan and Japan...the video link didn't work for me but I think it's pretty cool they're into mtb parks and such, after all they are the center of the bicycle manufacturing universe these days...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Well, thats true. Sometime I can't even tell the different betweeen chinese korea or japnese if they don't speak their own languages.

Old man on a bike
    okay, I understand the differences can be subtle but the website is clearly from taiwan (.tw not .jp) and the post said it was from Taiwan in the title....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    yeah I know---my mind was totally elsewhere--clicked on the link-then clicked a video--saw some foreign language characters and watched some of the stunt jumps--totally didnt concentrate on noticing anything else---that and my mind is on Philippines and Japan lately since we have a large pop of those nationalities here on the Island.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    oops--sorry--didnt pay too much attention when I was reading the original post---and no I did not check out the website very well. I will say I have neighbors--Korean man married to a Japanese lady and if they wouldnt have said from the start there is no way i would have known they were different nationalities.

So no unless someone tells or there are other clues -unless you've been immersed in the culture somewhat--it is pretty hard to tell. Most people think my last name si of German descent and they are "almost" right but its Bohemian--hardly anything to be offended about or just think people should know.
    You've lived in Hawaii how long? And you still can't tell a Japanese from a Korean from a Chinese???
    You've spent entirely too much time on base.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

only..

29 months of which 13 months were away in Iraq (I am pretty good at picking out Filipinas )

Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    You've lived in Hawaii how long? And you still can't tell a Japanese from a Korean from a Chinese???
    You've spent entirely too much time on base.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    29 months of which 13 months were away in Iraq (I am pretty good at picking out Filipinas )
    Me too. Although she's from the east coast, my gf is 1/2 Philipina and my son's 1/4.

Currently in Exile

WooHoo!

Needs no translation.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Members who have read this thread: 0