Bike to the Bone...

Mexican Mafia..unite!

Hi, who's living in Mexico? We need to join forces to hijack threads

Nahh, just kidding on that thread thing, let's just kidnap them!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hi, who's living in Mexico? We need to join forces to hijack threads

Nahh, just kidding on that thread thing, let's just kidnap them!
    I don't mind highjacking threads or even rape them...

Actually I'll stop doing it until our demands are met.

We're going to play the "Pancho Villa" with this site until them. We're freaking dangerous indeed.

Count me in...

El Warpo.
    Check my Site

Long Distance MTB

Otro mexa

Otro mexa por aca

Bike to the Bone...
    Let's do a 'Express Thread Kidnap'. We don't leave a thread until they say someting nice of Mexico or mexicans...

rad to the power of sick
    Cripes,

I could do with a burrito right now.

Cheers,

your non-mexican compadre
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

aka baycat
    viva la revolucion!

usted tiene mi apoyo

-Cabron

here today
    tambien aqui en francia,

el respeto ...
    old fart cyclist

Now with 3 more inches!

Mexican Mafia Gathering

While we're at it. Let's start the ball rolling for a Mexican Mafia Gathering in the spring.

Where? When? etc.

I'd suggest sometime around Semana Santa as I'm working most Saturdays, and I have 3 full weekends off then.

I hear there is some nice riding around Valle de Bravo. We could camp or even rent a cabin there. Or does anyone have suggestions closer to D.F. (where most of us seem to be).

Vamanos Cabrones!

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    While we're at it. Let's start the ball rolling for a Mexican Mafia Gathering in the spring.

Where? When? etc.

I'd suggest sometime around Semana Santa as I'm working most Saturdays, and I have 3 full weekends off then.

I hear there is some nice riding around Valle de Bravo. We could camp or even rent a cabin there. Or does anyone have suggestions closer to D.F. (where most of us seem to be).

Vamanos Cabrones!
    Valle de Bravo sounds excelent. I haven't made the trip around the lake, but I heard that it's very good and very demanding. It would be fun if we could do some camping while we're there..

"El Whatever"
    Valle de Bravo sounds excelent. I haven't made the trip around the lake, but I heard that it's very good and very demanding. It would be fun if we could do some camping while we're there..
    Rocky Rene (not me) is friend of Zooperbike's (LBS, for those out of the local scene) owner. He knows the trails around Valle de Bravo.

We can invite him as a guide.

Dates proposed by Tigerdog seem fine to me. Just please avoid the first two weekends of March. My cousin is getting married at my hometown.

Animense pinches weyes!!
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Just for clarification....

The Mexican Mafia is a well established delinq.... ur, biking organization with no other purpose but riding and having a Mexico Board.

Its leadership falls on the shoulders of El Vaquero Ingles (aka Tigerdog) and the rest of us are just puppets in his hands, uh, I mean we're his ruthless henchmen. The guys on the pic on the Turner board are his bodyguards. They don't ride. They just shoot at the people who tries to pass Tigerdog on the trails... they're that bad.
    Check my Site

Now with 3 more inches!

These Guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    The guys on the pic on the Turner board are his bodyguards. They don't ride. They just shoot at the people who tries to pass Tigerdog on the trails... they're that bad.
    You mean these desperados?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"El Whatever"
    You mean these desperados?
    Yup... the very same. One of them once told me he could hit a flying eagle with a slingshot... with his eyes closed.
    Check my Site

Me hates pinchflat
    We sould use one of these to loot people in the trails....one pedals the rest shoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now with 3 more inches!
    I've actually been seriously lusting after one of those for my urban SS.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Tijuana presente!! Saludos.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    We sould use one of these to loot people in the trails....one pedals the rest shoot
    Yep, we should ride that thing up La Virgen and chase any bikers that get there.....

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    Bienvenido!

"El Whatever"
    I've actually been seriously lusting after one of those for my urban SS.
    I don't have any storage place... otherwise I'd already have one for just freaking around with wife and kid included.

Or maybe I would just borrow Tiger's... that would be serious singlespeed stuff.
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    I don't have any storage place... otherwise I'd already have one for just freaking around with wife and kid included.

Or maybe I would just borrow Tiger's... that would be serious singlespeed stuff.
    You know what? you could be the designated food carrier of the ride!

pedalphile
    I would like to express my solidarity with with Mexican (Discussion Board) Mafia, for no other reason than I'm sort of passively curious about what mountainbiking opportunities there are in Mexico within a few hours of Tucson.

/was that a thread-jack?
    now the world is gone i'm just o n e

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    Hey, how's the riding scene over there?

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by BontyRider
    I would like to express my solidarity with with Mexican (Discussion Board) Mafia, for no other reason than I'm sort of passively curious about what mountainbiking opportunities there are in Mexico within a few hours of Tucson.

/was that a thread-jack?
    No, that was not a thread-jack... this is a bait site and you fell in our claws!!!!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by BontyRider

/was that a thread-jack?
    No threadjack at all...

It should be cool riding up there. I was at Hermosillo and while it's freaking plain and too hot/cold (depending on the time of the day and season of the year) the mountains that can be seen up north should be terrific places to ride.

There's the Sierra close where it's said to have deers and stuff, so I assume it's mountany. Ask a bit around... it should be a great riding spot.
    Check my Site

Hola, me agrada mucho la idea de mostrar presencia Mexa en los foros, pero por favor quiero pedirles lo siguiente:
    Por favor deshagance del nombre "mexican mafia"; verán, yo vivo en Juárez Chihuahua y para muchos de nosotros acá en la frontera norte, la vileza del narco no es ningún chiste...
    En nuestra ciudad, el ciclismo de montaña a venido a transformar de manera positiva en cierto sentido la imagen de esta ciudad; la carrera Chupacabras (100km) atrae competidores de todo el pa*s y de muchos lugares de EUA. A pesar de la imagen de violencia y corrupción que la gente tiene de esta ciudad vienen a competir y a conocer nuestra comunidad.
    Ojalá este foro sirva para mostrar lo mejor que tiene México. Igual que el ciclismo nos ayuda a mostrar lo mejor de nosotros mismos.
    Viva México!

Hello, I like and support the idea of having a Mexico forum, but I must ask you for the following:
    Please drop the name "Mexican Mafia"…
    You see: I live in Juárez, right on the border with El Paso, Texas. For a lot of people here, the atrocious deeds of the drug smugglers are no joke... they try to kill each other right on the streets, and innocent people (including children) have died.
    In our city, MTB has come to transform in a positive way some of the vilified image of our city: the Chupacabras enduro race (100 km) brings in people from all over the country and a lot of people from the US. Even though the city is portrayed as a violent and corrupt place, they come and have a pleasant stay here.
    Hopefully this Mexico Board will be a way to show the best Mexico has to offer. Just as cycling helps us show the best within ourselves.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=136637

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=54192

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=253840
    semper ad excelsum

mtbr member
    Hey, how's the riding scene over there?
    Mountain biking is very popular in Baja California, check out: ciclismoenmexico.com, I live in San Diego and ride more often here but born and raised in T.J. Let me know if you are ever in town to show you around.

Now with 3 more inches!
    I understand your concerns regarding the name, but it really is just a joke. It came from this thread on the Turner Forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142625

To paraphrase some old dead guy - some are born with a name, some earn a name, and some have a name thrust upon them (by AccidentProne). We all got a bit of a kick out of it and in our defense we probably post as much as anybody about the joys of riding here in Mexico. Check my posts in "Other Areas" about riding over the Sierra Madre del Sur.

I honestly don't think people are taking it seriously, and I hope we aren't causing too much offense. Now, Hollywood's Interbike Thong Ride shots, that's another matter!

Matt

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    Hola, me agrada mucho la idea de mostrar presencia Mexa en los foros, pero por favor quiero pedirles lo siguiente:
    Por favor deshagance del nombre "mexican mafia"; verán, yo vivo en Juárez Chihuahua y para muchos de nosotros acá en la frontera norte, la vileza del narco no es ningún chiste...
    En nuestra ciudad, el ciclismo de montaña a venido a transformar de manera positiva en cierto sentido la imagen de esta ciudad; la carrera Chupacabras (100km) atrae competidores de todo el paês y de muchos lugares de EUA. A pesar de la imagen de violencia y corrupción que la gente tiene de esta ciudad vienen a competir y a conocer nuestra comunidad.
    Ojalá este foro sirva para mostrar lo mejor que tiene México. Igual que el ciclismo nos ayuda a mostrar lo mejor de nosotros mismos.
    Viva México!

Hello, I like and support the idea of having a Mexico forum, but I must ask you for the following:
    Please drop the name "Mexican Mafia"…
    You see: I live in Juárez, right on the border with El Paso, Texas. For a lot of people here, the atrocious deeds of the drug smugglers are no joke... they try to kill each other right on the streets, and innocent people (including children) have died.
    In our city, MTB has come to transform in a positive way some of the vilified image of our city: the Chupacabras enduro race (100 km) brings in people from all over the country and a lot of people from the US. Even though the city is portrayed as a violent and corrupt place, they come and have a pleasant stay here.
    Hopefully this Mexico Board will be a way to show the best Mexico has to offer. Just as cycling helps us show the best within ourselves.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=136637

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=54192

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=253840
    Hi, Paisano!

Don't get me wrong. I understand your point and we'll prolly drop the name... we didn't even nicknamed ourselves that way. We (unintentionally) highjacked a thread on the Turner forum and we were nicknamed that way by someone else.

We had been trying to get the attention of the moderators for a Mexico Board to be created and not being only a part of the "Other Areas". We think that being so close to the US and having a large and important MTB scene countrywide deserves an space.

Also, too many people outside Mexico asks where to ride and want some info on travelling to mexico, accomodation, etc.

This is why we want a Mexico board and obviously we're using the nickname as a joke.

As you might see from our threads and posts, we're precisely trying to change the image some people from outside has from Mexico. I work with people from all around the world and I can tell you that some have only what they get from the news... you wouldn't visit New York if you would think of it only for the news!!

So, our intention is good. Check our threads also on riding in the Mexico City surroundings... it's incredible the high quality of the riding you can have just minutes away from the one of the biggest city in the world!!

Also, from my side, my apologies if I caused any offense... but I wouldn't call "Nazi" the guy with the handle "BikeNazi". I mean, it's something that would not be taken seriously.
    Check my Site

Now with 3 more inches!
    Is my signature politically correct enough now.

"El Whatever"
    Mine has been corrected too...
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Ok, no more Mexican Mafia,,, but we still hijack threads!

mtbr member
    I'm behind a Mexican Board 100%. I bet you would have more post than Connecticut and Rhode Island combined......................Oh wait they are. How long do post stay on here?
    Last edited by Trabso; 11-10-2005 at 09:29 PM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe

Smile ok

I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself.
    I realize that political correctness sometimes goes overboard, and yet I felt very strongly about this. I just had to ask you for it, and I’m glad that you have the best intentions. I would love to have a board to post in Spanish, or English, about riding in Mexico.
    So we are ok then. Peace.
    semper ad excelsum

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself.
    I realize that political correctness sometimes goes overboard, and yet I felt very strongly about this. I just had to ask you for it, and I’m glad that you have the best intentions. I would love to have a board to post in Spanish, or English, about riding in Mexico.
    So we are ok then. Peace.
    No problem, bro. We got the idea.

About posting in spanish... that's something that I don't know how to take. I'd like it too to be sincere and that would attract more mexicans... but on the other hand it would segregate non-spanish speakers or even scare them away. So I don't know what to think about it.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm Mexican/ American!

I am just chimming in! I live in Los Angeles!

banned

... and if we just ... I'm just chiming in...

...livin' in Norfolk, Huancayo, and Suribachi...viva el sushi y saki....yeeeehhaaaaaaaa....hay chihuahua....ensename los tacos (no, not chicano tacos, Japanese tacos)...hijack esto

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by TraumaARNP
    ...livin' in Norfolk, Huancayo, and Suribachi...viva el sushi y saki....yeeeehhaaaaaaaa....hay chihuahua....ensename los tacos (no, not chicano tacos, Japanese tacos)...hijack esto
    You were warned... now you're in the power of the Garnachas, Mole and Escamoles people.... forget your diet until our demands are met..... or we get bored

"El Whatever"
    Oh, dear... you're now into trouble... and we don't get bored easily...
    Check my Site

banned

Hope What??? Me Worried???

I sink theeze chuletas wanna' have their juevos servido estilo rancheros...than they can be dee Mexican Sopranos

"El Whatever"
    I sink theeze chuletas wanna' have their juevos servido estilo rancheros...than they can be dee Mexican Sopranos
    Bonito spanglish my amigo. Me pienso que la pumpa no pusha la wata de tu trucka.
    Check my Site

banned

... and if we just ... Oh Jeezzzzz.....

Bonito spanglish my amigo. Me pienso que la pumpa no pusha la wata de tu trucka.
    Now ju did it gordito...it's dinner time for ju...tus cojones servido en un plato de salsa picante with a dash of orejas de raton garnish...my church has room for a few choir boys...ju chute be ready after jour supper

"El Whatever"
    Now ju did it gordito...it's dinner time for ju...tus cojones servido en un plato de salsa picante with a dash of orejas de raton garnish...my church has room for a few choir boys...ju chute be ready after jour supper
    Just try, man, just try!!!
    Check my Site

El Malo

La "M" se une...

Yo, what's crackin' fellas...
    Originally form the DF but transplanted a few times and now straight representin' the 425 (that is Washington, just a step from Canada)
    I'd like to say that a México Board is definitely in order...
    I know that this would be a great tool for ppl interested in MTB'ing south of the border and also for locals to hook up and organize rides.
    I'm sort of divided about whether or not to post in English or Spanish since there are good and not so good ideas on both.
    Maybe just post in English for the time being and then find a way to incorporate Spanish for those interested but not fluent in the language...
    One thing I hope does not happen. tho', is Spanglish... that's a sure way to further the decline of the mother tongue.
    Here are some perfect examples of crimes uttered in recent times...

- Oye Chuy, ve a "parkear" el carro en el "garaje" pero quitate las chanclas antes de entrar porque no quiero lodo en la "carpeta".
    - Ayer fui a la "marketa" para comprar leche y, ah chinga', pues ya se la tomaron toda !
    - Hey Flaca, when you go to the "panaderia" don't forget to stop by "la tiendita" for some "brujas" for "la raza"...

Well enough on this, we'll cross that bridge when we come up on it, I guess

How about some ride reports, pictures and interesting commentary ?
    That's what'll get us our own board !

Ya estamos !
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

RCC
    Bandolero

Hey fellas...Que pasa?

Hey fellas.what's up?reporting for duty from albuquerque(just relocated from the L.A. area). a baja california native(tijuana to be exact) like to introduce my self and say hola to all of u. and i'm all up for a mexican forum.later Ramon.

p.s.
    i think that sounds better mexican forum than mexican mafia. thats just my opinon. later.
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC
    Hey fellas.what's up?reporting for duty from albuquerque(just relocated from the L.A. area). a baja california native(tijuana to be exact) like to introduce my self and say hola to all of u. and i'm all up for a mexican forum.later Ramon.

p.s.
    i think that sounds better mexican forum than mexican mafia. thats just my opinon. later.
    Welcome on board, Ramon!!!

Good to see some paisanos chiming to the call...

MEXICAN MAFIA DOES NOT LONGER EXIST!!!

Call us "Mexican (insert whatever you want here)"... the name is the less important thing. We're interested in a Mexican Foum and that's what's important.

Well, paisanos!! Let's post more mexican stuff for other people from wherever else would know how we do MTB'ing Mexican Style!

Un abrazo a todos!
    Check my Site

banned

Good job! Just when things were getting interesting...

...the Mexican Mafia has gone south; how about just a Latino forum, representing all Latino MTB folks? That way, all latin countries can chime in, and report the best mountain biking there is, Latino mountain biking. Who has a better place to MTB than the Peruvians at Machu Pichu? What can be more exhilirating than doing Lake Titicaca (you know, the lake shared by Peru and Chile...Peru has the Titi part, and Chile has the caca part ). Ever ride in Bolivia? I have...nothing like it.

Just follow me, and I'll show you who your Papi chulo is...viva la raza.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Give us a Mexico Board or give us death!

I second the Mexico board!

BTW

Im planning a road trip from mazatlan to Mexico City, if you live in Guadalajara, Morelia, Cuernavaca, Toluca, Valle de Bravo, or anywhere nearby please read the thread i started and help me on getting info on the LBS an on the localization of the XC courses or trails.
    Lesson of the month: Don`t run of a cliff on your Mountain Bike. It`s quite painful.

"El Whatever"
    ...the Mexican Mafia has gone south; how about just a Latino forum, representing all Latino MTB folks? That way, all latin countries can chime in, and report the best mountain biking there is, Latino mountain biking. Who has a better place to MTB than the Peruvians at Machu Pichu? What can be more exhilirating than doing Lake Titicaca (you know, the lake shared by Peru and Chile...Peru has the Titi part, and Chile has the caca part ). Ever ride in Bolivia? I have...nothing like it.

Just follow me, and I'll show you who your Papi chulo is...viva la raza.
    The Mexican Council will reunite and vote... but I don't think we would be against a Hispanoamerican Forum....

Talking about the Andes.... have you checked Giant's Maestro webpage??? The Andes seem to be the ultimate proving grounds for MTB's. Though I can think of more than one place in Mexico that would be as tough.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Here a DeFenio transplanted to Toluca, it would be interesting having a Mexico board, I know about 3 places to ride around here (Toluca) but I know there should be more! By the way; Alguien the Chihuahua o que haya hecho el viaje de Creel a Batopilas??? (trans. Someon from Chihuahua that has donde the trip from Creel to Batopilas???).

Now with 3 more inches!
    How about a Nevado de Toluca mini-gathering in the near future?

"El Whatever"
    Can you say January when there's the opportunity to ride the only snowy place in Mexico??
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by arivas
    Here a DeFenio transplanted to Toluca, it would be interesting having a Mexico board, I know about 3 places to ride around here (Toluca) but I know there should be more! By the way; Alguien the Chihuahua o que haya hecho el viaje de Creel a Batopilas??? (trans. Someon from Chihuahua that has donde the trip from Creel to Batopilas???).

Welcome a board!!

We'd love to ride the toluca area... and the Creel area, and the Baja Area, and the Chiapas area, and on and on and on....
    Check my Site

Creel @ Copper Canyon

What about coming up with a calendar for the upcoming gatherings/ rides? Let's start with a preliminary calendar, and move on from that.

The problem with not having a specific board, is that one single tread carries all the messages on all the topics... it's hard to follow.

Ok, so I propose the first and second dates for the proposed gatherings:

Around mid july, the traditional Onza Race in Creel Chihuahua, @ Copper Canyon... big cycling festival includes XC, Road, DH, Criteriums...

October is a busy month for everybody (so it seems) there's the popobike in Puebla after the 15th, but the second saturday in october there's the Chupacabras 100Km in Juarez (my hometown).

+++++
    Que tal si empezamos a generar un calendario para anotar las fechas de las reuniones, aunque sea de manera preliminar, para tener un punto de partida.

El problema con no tener un espacio especifico para estos mensajes es que todos estan en el mismo mensaje original.

Bueno, ahi les van dos propuestas para las reuniones:

Durante la primera mitad del mes de Julio: la carrera y festival de turismo de aventura en Creel, Chihuahua. + o - 4 horas por carretera desde la capital.

En octubre se acumulan los eventos, pero aca en Juarez tenemos la carrera Chupacabras 100Km. Y luego esta tambien la Popobike en Puebla.
    semper ad excelsum

Now with 3 more inches!
    Can you say January when there's the opportunity to ride the only snowy place in Mexico??
    Oh Yeah.

I'll pick us all up some spiked Nokians for Christmas!

Or we can Ski-Bike like the guy on the Turner Board!

The weather can be changeable there. I got stuck in a hailstorm up there in late August.

Bike to the Bone...
    Wow, this thread of mine got to the second page! That's poca ma... cabrones!

Let's do something on january. Like Tigerdog said, Nevado de Toluca, or we can go to 'El Chico' in Hidalgo. It has like a 6 mile downhill singletrack in the middle of a beautifull forest. Oh, by the way, on the way back there is only one climbing section... around 7 miles long....

RCC
    Bandolero
    I'm up for a mexican gathering/rides,not sure if i can make it in enero but later on in the year is almost a sure thing. in the mean while if any of u happen to be in the albuquerque area,send me a pm and i'll show u guys around. i'm getting to find out that there's some really nasty terrain here wating to be riden.adios y vayan con dios!
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Will anyone help me out with the adresses of the LBS in their hoe towns??
    Or with directions on getting to local xc trails?
    As i previously explained im driving around mexico on December and i would really apreciate your help on this...
    It`s really dificult for me to travekl because of the goddamn work, and because of $$ issues. Mazatlan is pretty far from Durango chihuahua DF Toluca etc...
    so this trip means a lot to me.

Thanks.
    Lesson of the month: Don`t run of a cliff on your Mountain Bike. It`s quite painful.

mtbr member

Nevado Gathering

Count me in, haven't done that yet, I think that this is a good month to give it a try as the climate is stable and there isn't any snow yet... Yes, I chiken that kind of cold!!! Aniways keep me on the loop!

mtbr member
    Hi, July seems like a good date to try Cooper canion, I think the waterfalls and the Sierra are more spectacular during that time of the year... Tentatively I would say I'm going but it depends on job vacations!

mtbr member

Se agradece la recepcion!

Saludos, hi! gracias por la vienvenida! I'm interested also in eventually buying a Turner... advice would be really wellcome!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you decide to pay a visit to Mazatlan you can email me and i`ll fix you up wth aplace to stay and a guided tour to the local trails
    Beers and babes not included

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pornstar
    If you decide to pay a visit to Mazatlan you can email me and i`ll fix you up wth aplace to stay and a guided tour to the local trails
    Beers and babes not included
    No pido que me den, sino que me pongan donde hay

p.s. will Mazatlan still host one of the national XC events? when? that may be a good time to go.
    semper ad excelsum

El Malo
    I would be great to have a Latino Forum rather than just a Mexico forum. Truth is, tho', I haven't seen many latinos other mexicans who have expressed interest in a separate forum.
    Hey, I didn't know that one could ride their bike in Machu Picchu. I've read that the goverment of Peru has tightened up a bit on tourist travel and has restricted permits to the Inca trail and the ruins. I'd be very interested to hear stories from any Peruvians willing to share.

I have a dream to once be able to hike and/or ride at least a portion of the great Inca trail and at some point visit the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu. Views in the Andes can be nothing less than breathtaking.
    I just saw a bike video, "New World Disorder 6 - UNCHAINED".
    That vid is totally sick !
    There is a segment in it where they shot on location in the Bolivian mountains and it looks absolutely incredible up there.
    Also, there is a segment shot in Baja Mexico that looks awesome.

I've been to Baja on a motorcycle trip throught the desert and also on a 2week self supported Kayak trip in the Sea of Cortez but I have never ridden my bike there, YET.

If you've never been to Baja, you should. Forget about Cabo San Lucas and just head straight to San Carlos on the Pacific side or LaPaz, Mulege and Loreto on the Cortez side.
    Ride the rocky trails of the Sierra, swim with the Dolphins, Whales and eat what you catch while basking in crystal clear waters and deep blue sky of the gulf coast in that vast biosphere reserve that is considered to be one of the most unique marine environments of the world.

Ok, enough of the Mexico infomercial... let's ride !
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    we have an issue on the National event.
    The guys who are in charge now really suck. The last National event they held was pretty lame with a very poor participation and a the trial was in a very careless status. Now the race track has almost been abandoned by them they dont do any manteinance and oody around here supports them, nobody supported them before but now it`s just more obvious.
    There are some peopple around here that are trying to organize events, races and to regenerate the several xc courses that were left on their own. Im into that group doing regular trail manteinance and the sorth.
    But the future of the National events is pretty uncertain. However in a couple of months we will have cleaned and marked down 3 xc trails, while we have a lot of epic rides to choose from so wether a national event is held or not i Mazatlan there`s plenty of riding to do.

Members who have read this thread: 0