Tree Hugger

On little cat feet

The weather at home was cold, foggy, and pretty depressing.

We took our chances and headed an hour east, looking for relief from the conditions.
    Luckily, it paid off, sunny and 60.

Anthony found this jump to play with about halfway up our 5.5 mile, 2600ft climb

Scott gives it a try

The Three Sisters

Hanging out at the summit, enjoying the weather and some trailmix. (Thanks Captn Singletrack)

North and Middle Sister

South Sister

Richard begins the descent

Ted's about to miss the right turn

Tim knows where to go

Anthony makes it look easy

Ted and Bianca enjoying the down.

No complaints from Anthony

Richard on rails

Deep in the forest

The ride was over too quickly, but after a post ride beer and snack, it was time to return home, and hunker down for another week of this.

I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Out spokin'

Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    The weather at home was cold, foggy, and pretty depressing...
    Great pics! Wish I'da been there with y'all, Matt. I stayed home in the cold, foggy and pretty depressing stuff. Well, except for the fact that I live in Creswell, not Eugene --the sun came out down here! I pulled the XR400 outta the garage and snorted around the property for a while.

Still, I wish I'da been there with y'all. King Castle roolz... next time...

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Nice capture of the day there Matt. I promise I will post some pics one day....soon. Cheers,

Cap'n Singletrack

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

fxgfsg

sweet pictures.

What trail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    sweet pictures.

What trail?
    King Castle & Castle Rock. They rock!

Currently in Exile

Nice stuff

We had very un North Dakota weather this afternoon and I got a ride in on the road. But nothing as beautiful as that here.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    May 2005

Alpine dry and fun

We asked and heard Alpine was still dry, so a group of 9 of us rode Alpine...little snow in top meadow, but after that it was dry and fun.
    When we were sitting on that ridge on the first climb off 1911...my bike computer said it was 72 degree's...might have been a little off, but not much... by that point most of us were in shorts and short jersey...Westfir was kinda chilly...must of been 10-15 degree difference between Oakridge and Westfir.

Rode Larison Rock this morning and it is mostly dry too.

Take Care

mtbr member

Sweet Singletrack

We've been having great riding weather over here on the coast. The trails are in awesome shape, the days are warm compared to the valley.

Come ride the Oregon Coast.

Terry

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    We've been having great riding weather over here on the coast. The trails are in awesome shape, the days are warm compared to the valley.

Terry
    Terry, I may be comin to the coast this Saturday to escape the fog if its still around. Will probably ride Perpetua, but maybe could come down and ride Winchester, or whatever other local trails yall want to show off. Will ya be around??

The DOD is hosting the 2nd Annual All Comers meat on jan 21, 2006, hope you can make it to Whypass.

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    Thanks for the cool pics. And some people wonder why we ride mountain bikes. I feel for those who will never experience (or want to experience) something like this in person.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hey, once upon a time i climbed all three of those mountains!!! Beautiful riding, i miss the pac nw, i would post pics of the ridng out her in ny for everyone, but i havent been out in almost 2 months...and it aint looking any better for the near future...damnit...nice post!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Terry
    Where on the coast. I've had trouble finding any trails.

mtbr member

Where on the Coast you ask?

Well us locals in the Florence, OR area like the Cape Mt. Horse Trails, we have our regular Saturday morning ride there starting at 8am. Then there is the Cummins Creek Trail at Cape Pertpetua if you can get a local to show you the trails you'll be in for a treat, its not long about 10-12 miles 5 up maybe 7 miles down sweet fun single track. For short stuff Sutton Lake Trail is a rootfilled spin. Siltcoos just south of Florence is a smooth fun loop and if you know where you can connect to County Line Rd and a mix of trails and logging rds.

I'm planning on setting aside Saturday for riding and could probably get together for a ride at Perpetua or Cape Mt is anyone is interested.

Terry

mtbr member

Perpetua!

Sasquatch what time you think you'll be over this way. I might be able to round up some of the crew for Perpetua.

I'm trying to get shaped up for the Whypass ACM, I had a blast last yr.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Terry, I may be comin to the coast this Saturday to escape the fog if its still around. Will probably ride Perpetua, but maybe could come down and ride Winchester, or whatever other local trails yall want to show off. Will ya be around??

The DOD is hosting the 2nd Annual All Comers meat on jan 21, 2006, hope you can make it to Whypass.

Tree Hugger
    Sasquatch what time you think you'll be over this way. I might be able to round up some of the crew for Perpetua.

I'm trying to get shaped up for the Whypass ACM, I had a blast last yr.

Terry
    I'll let you know on Friday if I'm coming down. A friend will be in town, and Im not sure if he'll want to ride or not on Saturday. If not this weeeknd, then soon! I'll post on the DOD pahe if i can come out to the Cape on Saturday.

Singletrack Addict
    Nice!

It's been a couple of years since I've been up there. Love that trail!
    Is that sink hole alongside the double track halfway up any bigger? Big crater off to the side, you'd miss it screaming downhill, but it's a trippy geologic thing and I wonder at stuff like that sometimes.

Hope the weather holds out just a little longer for a post Turkey ride this weekend.

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Nice!

It's been a couple of years since I've been up there. Love that trail!
    Is that sink hole alongside the double track halfway up any bigger? Big crater off to the side, you'd miss it screaming downhill, but it's a trippy geologic thing and I wonder at stuff like that sometimes.

Hope the weather holds out just a little longer for a post Turkey ride this weekend.

Yeah, that hole is still there, but doesnt look like its growing. I always wonddred whether that was from the mother of all tre stumps, or a sinkhole. The latter makes sense, since its along the area that they built a road, and brought in lotsa fill. Thankfully, it's far enough from the trail that you can't ride into it.
    Good Luck on the Turkey Day ride. The DOD does our annual T-day ride tonight, at our regular Wed night ride time. We'll be drinking and eating by a campfire late tonight.

Members who have read this thread: 0