Des(s)ert Rat

Last few rides, and getting LoOpY! Oh, and a hint...

Our trails are shaping up nicely for the season. There are still a few that are muddy up high, but I won't complain.

We had a spectacular sunrise a couple days ago:

I went out on Pink and rode a couple loops at the Kokopelli. Didn't take lots of photos, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself:

Last time I was out here, it looked like this:

The trail is above the Colorado River:

Then, yesterday I picked up Blue from MRP/White Brother's. They installed a new Loop fork on it:

Of course I had to go ride it!

I really enjoyed it! I think I'm going to really like this fork.

After climbing up, I got to here and took a left, down Holy Cross. No other photos from yesterday's ride, I was having too much fun going downhill!

I awoke to snow this morning.... And waited, and was rewarded:

Really, it did snow!

I love this trail (which happens to be on the cover of BIke this month, not this spot, but another)!

The sky was gorgeous!

I also went down this trail:

Finally, a hint of things to come:

mtbr member
    Beautiful! I went to the Fat Tire Fest last year and can't wait to return to the area some day.

mtbr member
    Gorgeous!!
    I hope that flag is marking future site for a nice bench to enjoy the view

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    Gorgeous!!
    I hope that flag is marking future site for a nice bench to enjoy the view
    Bench cut singletrack, more likely.

Lovely pics, Sarah

Des(s)ert Rat
    Bench cut singletrack

Shhhhhhhhh...... Hoping that it will be done by May. Lots to do!

wannabee
    Nice stuff. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Gorgeous scenery. Might have to get there this spring.

So that fork has some kind of "platform damper" doesn't it?...stays stiff when you stand to pedal, but responds to bumps. Does it work?
    whatever...

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Great pics. Love that sunrise. I wish I was a morning person.

NedwannaB

Foilage

Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Our trails are shaping up nicely for the season. There are still a few that are muddy up high, but I won't complain.

Finally, a hint of things to come:

Is that a Colorado Poppy?
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Des(s)ert Rat
    Why yes, however, this variety tends to grow in linear fashion and will link between each other in such a way as to promote travel. Hoping that everything will be "in place" by May.

NedwannaB

Thought so

Why yes, however, this variety tends to grow in linear fashion and will link between each other in such a way as to promote travel. Hoping that everything will be "in place" by May.
    They didn't seem to look like the "garden" variety. So does trail season "officially" open out there in May? I can't believe the change in your pix in the last couple weeks. I get reports on weather out there since my daughter is in Denver.

I also ment to ask a couple things. Is the Spot a 29r, and what's the deal with all the "extra stuff" on Blue? Must be someone else's bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    That sunrise pic is amazing!

Des(s)ert Rat
    We're hoping that the trail that is flagged in the photo will be ready to ride in May. Another one in the area is also in the works, but there is longer wait on that one. I'll be doing my share of building.

My son is in Denver, and he's been getting quite a bit more snow than us. I just hope it keeps dumping in the mountains and leaves us alone.

Pink, the Spot, is actually a Colorado built 26" wheel singlespeed. She is very fashionable, wearing a belt and sporting a White Brother's Rock Solid rigid carbon fork.

Blue is not quite a year old. She's not heavy... Just "healthy." I've really enjoyed getting to know her, and the new fork is nothing short of fantastic. I've been riding stuff with quite a bit more confidence.

Des(s)ert Rat
    There is a "lockout" that can be used when you climb. The plus to it is, if you forget to turn the fork back to go downhill, the fork will still respond to a hit. I'm not a pro at suspension (my main bike is a rigid ss), but it feels as plush or plusher than my other forks without having that "mooshy" feeling (that's a technical term).

NedwannaB

Ok, got it all now.

We're hoping that the trail that is flagged in the photo will be ready to ride in May. Another one in the area is also in the works, but there is longer wait on that one. I'll be doing my share of building.

My son is in Denver, and he's been getting quite a bit more snow than us. I just hope it keeps dumping in the mountains and leaves us alone.

Pink, the Spot, is actually a Colorado built 26" wheel singlespeed. She is very fashionable, wearing a belt and sporting a White Brother's Rock Solid rigid carbon fork.

Blue is not quite a year old. She's not heavy... Just "healthy." I've really enjoyed getting to know her, and the new fork is nothing short of fantastic. I've been riding stuff with quite a bit more confidence.
    Right, not an OTE frame? And I thought the "May" was tied to my inquiry on fb for a trip then.

Anyway I'm done grill'n yah now so I'll let you get back to your baking, riding, taking pictures and whatever else YOU do. BTW, do you do anything else??

Really I am that slow
    Like seeing that flag!
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Members who have read this thread: 0