mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Getting into Photography, what do you think?

Hey guy's, recently i've been kinda getting interested in photography, after buying my new camera phone. It occured to me that Mountain Biking offers up so much beutiful scenery, that it only seems right to try and capture some of it on film. Anyway, below are a number of photos, some from my ride on Saturday, with my Brand new bike, and the others are just random shots from around Bristol. Hope you enjoy, and please post comments, Good or bad.

My Bike + Shots from my ride yesterday.

The Jumps.
    P.s We haven't been able to dig in like two weeks...it's like water-World out there!

And Finally a picture of the park by my house, it just looked stunning the other day on my way to work!

Anyway, here are a few more shots's, it's been very cold and clear recently, thus the photos of foggy winter nights. Hope you enjoy!

My mate took this of me, on his proper camera.

Bristol Suspension Bridge.

Local park in the Mist.

Random Church.

Hope you like them guy's!
    Peace....

Young, Shawn Young
    Not bad for a camera phone and you seem to have a pretty good eye. I lug around a D50 when I feel like taking pics.

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

life is a barrel o'fun
    Very nice! With scenery like that, you can't go wrong. Nice composition!

I have to laugh that most of the pictures have fog as the featured component Nice dramatic effect it adds.

Best thing about these photos? I can pull them up immediately. All the other posts with pictures take like five minutes before they open.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Nice going.. keep it up!

I am in the same process I just bought a small "point and shoot" for bike pics, since I don't feel like taking my SLR on bike rides (a crash could get expensive ).

Happy shooting,
    Cris

life is a barrel o'fun
    P.S. Maybe not so much with digital photography, but it's another addiction that will get you hooked and put a dent in the bank account.

I just came back from the LPS (local photo store) about $50 lighter. And around $15 of that was wasted b/c I requested the wrong negative #s when I filled out the enlargement order forms, D'OH!!!!

But my family does seem to like getting copies of my photos. Wanted to give mom some pictures to help decorate her new apartment when I see her Thursday.

Oh, and got a nice compliment on one of them from the woman who works there- THAT is an ego boost like cleaning a tricky technical section

Consider yourself warned...........
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the comments so far. I never intentionaly decided I would start taking photos, my Phone happened to be on me and i was appreciating teh scenery, so I thought; Why not take a photo of it?!
    I was amazed at how well they looked on the pc, so I started taking more, and then started to really enjoy it. It's kinda cool working the different angles, or shots to make it look suitably good on film. Or phone.
    One thing I have learned from this is how awesome the human eye is, we can see stuff with so much more feeing, like the image has more of a impact when seen live. It's hard to do it justice when trying to capture it...I thinkl!
    Laterz,

Max,

Fartographer

Nice!

Nice stuff. You've got a good eye and I like seeing your home through your eyes. Image quality looks pretty damn good for a camera phone. What camera phone are you using? Do you know what the resolution is?

You know we have a photography site, don't you? If you want to talk to photographers about gear and technique, and get feedback on your photos, post some stuff on PhotographyREVIEW.com. Here are links to a couple of forums you might appreciate:

Sports Photography Forum >>
    Photo Critique Forum >>
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Members who have read this thread: 0