Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    More Chasmism
    Reputation: hfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    798

    Four Seconds of Ridability...

    ...in the midst of a fiftteen minute portage.

    The over-the-shoulder portability of the bicycle is one of its most redeeming features.

    A beautiful, clear, cold, quiet day in the desert.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    I throw poo
    Reputation: lovemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    333
    amen.
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,862
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly
    The over-the-shoulder portability of the bicycle is one of its most redeeming features.
    Cool pic. We'd have never known you hadn't been riding all along.

    This same portability can get you in trouble like me in this story.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    204
    Cool pic. You could have ridden it, you probably just chose not to. I've seen you ride. I have a picture of you jumping off a 8' drop boulder on Amasa. The route you took us down the backside is forever etched in my memory.

  5. #5
    Gone riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,351
    Yeah it's a cool pic. Coming from an area that is full of rainforest and bushland, it sounds strange to hear about a "cool" day in a desert!!

    Hike-a-bikes, often some of the most gruelling, exhausting and enjoyable rides I have ever done.

    Fantastic.

    Dave.

  6. #6
    ...master of none
    Reputation: bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly
    ...in the midst of a fiftteen minute portage.

    The over-the-shoulder portability of the bicycle is one of its most redeeming features.

    A beautiful, clear, cold, quiet day in the desert.
    On the way up to Hidden Valley?

    Nice, by the way.

  7. #7
    More Chasmism
    Reputation: hfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by bock
    On the way up to Hidden Valley?
    Indeed.

    Fun hardtail ride from home. Road ride out to the Stagecoach Grill, breakfast & coffee there, up to Hidden Valley, over the pass to the sunny side of massive sandstone domes, across to the Rim Trail proper and down, down, down.

    I'm glad the lift is gone. The top is already starting to look more restored.

    hfly

    P.S. Thanks for the story link, KRob. And thank you for the confidence, Chocolate Girl, but this one truly is a portage.

  8. #8
    asleep by 10:00pm
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly
    Indeed.

    Fun hardtail ride from home. Road ride out to the Stagecoach Grill, breakfast & coffee there, up to Hidden Valley, over the pass to the sunny side of massive sandstone domes, across to the Rim Trail proper and down, down, down.

    I'm glad the lift is gone. The top is already starting to look more restored.

    hfly

    P.S. Thanks for the story link, KRob. And thank you for the confidence, Chocolate Girl, but this one truly is a portage.

    wow! did they take the lift out? or is it just still sitting unused? i used to live over on that side of town and would hike my dog up the moab rim on a near daily basis. it would kill me to see hoards of tourons climbing off the lfit at the top of a beautiful climb

    great pic!! thanks for the scenery

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.