mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Florida Winter Passion

The 2005 Alafia FTF by the SWAMP club went off recently, I thought some of you might like to see some Florida Wintertime Passion.

Weather was a cool 75 or so all day with a light wind blowing.
    240 riders enjoyed a Friday ( night ride, dinner and a band) Sat, breakfast, lunch, dinner and another very good local band, plus 30 plus miles or singletrac sweetness), Sunday, breakfast and another look at the singletrac of their choice.

Check the link below for pics by Wes.

Enjoy!

http://homepage.mac.com/weseubank/PhotoAlbum54.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I wish I could have made the trip up there for FTF. I've never been to Alafia, looks like a great trail system. Thanks for posting the pics.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Nice pictures. Wish I could have made this years ride, but school and money have to take priority. I haven't been to the trails since spring so I'm gonna try to hit Alafia on my way home for Thanksgiving. Most likely I'll end up riding there on Turkey day due to an a$$ of a professor that won't cancel class on wednesday.

I never realized that there were 30 miles of trail at Alafia, I thought I rode everything the first time I was out there but it sure didn't feel like 30 miles.

Anyone know the current trail conditions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    30 Miles at Alafia would be about 2.5 laps.
    At the FTF we did all of Alafia, then about 4 miles of road/grass to get to Boyette, only did the ridges and new section of Boyette. That's how you get 30 miles.

If parking at Alafia, ride it all.. everything is open, just a little sand in places on the early Gatorback climbs ( but it may be good now it's be raining today)

After Alafia, load up leave park, go South on 39, turn right at the little store, go West to Balm Boyette road turn right ( North ) go to hiker's crossing, turn into parking.

Pack lots of water and enjoy about 20 miles of Boyette.
    (don't miss the new fun stuff in the back after the golfcart trail)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    Nice pictures. Wish I could have made this years ride, but school and money have to take priority. I haven't been to the trails since spring so I'm gonna try to hit Alafia on my way home for Thanksgiving. Most likely I'll end up riding there on Turkey day due to an a$$ of a professor that won't cancel class on wednesday.

I never realized that there were 30 miles of trail at Alafia, I thought I rode everything the first time I was out there but it sure didn't feel like 30 miles.

Anyone know the current trail conditions?

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriderpro
    30 Miles at Alafia would be about 2.5 laps.
    At the FTF we did all of Alafia, then about 4 miles of road/grass to get to Boyette, only did the ridges and new section of Boyette. That's how you get 30 miles.

If parking at Alafia, ride it all.. everything is open, just a little sand in places on the early Gatorback climbs ( but it may be good now it's be raining today)

After Alafia, load up leave park, go South on 39, turn right at the little store, go West to Balm Boyette road turn right ( North ) go to hiker's crossing, turn into parking.

Pack lots of water and enjoy about 20 miles of Boyette.
    (don't miss the new fun stuff in the back after the golfcart trail)
    Cool, I never realized that Boyette was so close.

I was wondering about the trail conditions because last time i went was a few days after rain and there was some seriously slick limestone?/phosphate? mud.

bob
    mtbr member

Did they get the right tap?

Did they get the right tap for the kegs this year? I missed the FTF this year but made the previous two. The SWAMP club puts on a great festival. Glad to see Damon Fowler made it as well. Was big Todd around with amazing three wheeled, keg transporting, bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Don't know about the Keg issue, I left early Sat night.

Todd was on the Ellsworth Moment ( with narrow flat bars) every time I saw him.
    As an Ellsworth owner, I liked the Moment, but the three wheeler he has had last year was trick.

Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Did they get the right tap for the kegs this year? I missed the FTF this year but made the previous two. The SWAMP club puts on a great festival. Glad to see Damon Fowler made it as well. Was big Todd around with amazing three wheeled, keg transporting, bike?

Members who have read this thread: 0