mtbr member

First real ride today

I've been out ont he trails maybe 6 timeds or so. Mostly just for 90 minutes and what not. I'm a pretty avid crit racer and decided to start mountain biking to change it up a bit. Needless to say, I've been having a good time. Today, a few guys took me out. It was my first time clipless in the mountains. Learned a lot about descending (I go up well from my crit fitness), trusting the bike, and riding in mud. Nothing to brag about but it was super fun and a nice change from the normal 50 mile Sunday ride to Starbucks and back.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/69311662

Couple pics:

I'm on the left. You can see the snowy mountains in the back. Never guess it's So Cal!

Flat repair on a hill

That's me in back. The guys I rode with spent a lot of time waiting for me. But, I'll get there.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Congratulations! Youíre hooked now! I was a rabid roadie from 1988 until 2009 (although I was a mountain biker from 1982 to 1988), and early last year I sort of jumped back on in to the mountain biking lifestyle, riding trails and having a blast. I ended up selling my road bike even!!! Donít get me wrong, riding hecka fast and sprinting up paved roads is a blast on a road bike, but there is this whole sense of being a little kid again when riding a mountain bike.
    Uh oh! Someone just stole your KOM!

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    Welcome to the addiction! Well a very healthy and fun addiction that creates great joy.
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

mtbr member
    Looks like a wicked fun ride!
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

Members who have read this thread: 0