i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008

dry heaves passion

plonked my fat ass on my commuter for the first time today after a long winter of being lazy, studying, and drinking beer. it's good to be back out in the sun, wind, dirt, pavement, and bugs.

but i can't get away from the usual "why the hell are you doing things?" protestations of my body in the form of dry heaves and walking bowlegged after muscles that haven't been used in weeks suddenly wake up again.

i really should have gone to those spinning classes with the lance wannabes that scream "power through it!" and "i'm nearing the EDGE!"

oh well, time for a much deserved beer.
    how durable a bike or component is usually has a lot to do with how heavy and ugly it is.

mtbr member
    I found out today that a two week layoff of the bike, week of stomach virus, and a year expired Capri Sun on the way to the trail head do not make for a pleasant ride. Especially when it starts with a 5.5 mile climb.

The spewage was epic though.

The Road Warrior
    I've said it lots of times. Nothing compares to road training. If not only for how much more of it you can do. Put some Schwalbe big apples onto your bike and make the city your playground. I did intervals around UCLA yesterday on a time crunch. Sure, people look at you funny when you're hopping curbs and jumping through bushes, but nothing beats the workout benefit as compared to sitting at home with your favorite brew. Did the goose in the back seat Kenny Loggins "Into the Danger Zone" bit past the treadmill drone army inside the gym on my way back, too.

High Desert MTBer
    "Did the goose in the back seat Kenny Loggins "Into the Danger Zone" bit past the treadmill drone army inside the gym on my way back, too."

Had to re read this a couple of times, but I just got the visual!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    That is some funny stuff, prob bc I can relate. My first ride last week involved me leaving my back pack on a bench only to realize this horror when I got back to the car. The car was way far away from where I left the pack with the car keys!!!!!!!!!! I was already exhausted. So with adrenaline pumping I flew back to where I left the pack and it was gone. Prob some idiot kids took it. So I had to ride more to get out of the park, phone home, get picked up, lucky i have a spare key for my car. Next day I suddenly woke up to pain in my legs like I have never experienced before. A result of back tracking at a killer pace on my first day out after a brutal, lazy, beer drinking, winter.

Hold my beer a second...
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDingus
    I found out today that a two week layoff of the bike, week of stomach virus, and a year expired Capri Sun on the way to the trail head do not make for a pleasant ride. Especially when it starts with a 5.5 mile climb.

The spewage was epic though.
    Felt your pain today. Been down for two weeks, first flu, then a cold, now a stupid recurring cough. Decided to ride it out today on a 5 mile loop in the foothills, about a 3 mile gradual climb then some decent single track flow. I sounded and felt like I was gonna barf up a lung. Some slight spewage at the top, nothing trivial but it sounded good...

Can't wait to do it again Tuesday
    My ADD keeps my PTSD in check...

The Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc
    "Did the goose in the back seat Kenny Loggins "Into the Danger Zone" bit past the treadmill drone army inside the gym on my way back, too."

Had to re read this a couple of times, but I just got the visual!
    It was a good time. I think I'll do it again tonight

Members who have read this thread: 0