mtbr member extraordinair

A different kind of passion

Good stuff

Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

so much for embedding the vid...go here and watch it big:

edit: fixed!

Des(s)ert Rat
    Very cool! And the embedding worked for me.

I would love to get more kids on bikes!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Seems pretty posative

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Great find. Great video.

Ryan

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Seems like a good idea. But how is it any different than roaming the streets. You're still roaming the streets except now your on a colorful bike.

And I am just going to throw it out there. Why would you paint a bike in the first place. cough cough stolen.

Not being racist, just calling it how I see it.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Getting kids "off the streets" doesn't mean physically removing them from public streets and other areas. It means getting them off drug selling, gangs, violence, etc. Taking a less productive/socially constructive practice and turning it into something fun and positive.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by dust3313
    Seems like a good idea. But how is it any different than roaming the streets. You're still roaming the streets except now your on a colorful bike.

And I am just going to throw it out there. Why would you paint a bike in the first place. cough cough stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by dust3313

Antipassion

Promoting bike riding in whatever form is a good thing

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rmi
    Getting kids "off the streets" doesn't mean physically removing them from public streets and other areas. It means getting them off drug selling, gangs, violence, etc. Taking a less productive/socially constructive practice and turning it into something fun and positive.

Ryan
    You can sell drugs, and cause and be caught up in violence while riding a bike. I actually live on the south side of chicago, not around chicago, in the city limits and this is no different than standing on a street corner with a bunch of your thug friends. The only difference is that you are riding a bike trough the hood instead of walking. IMHO this could actually cause violence, and promote wrong doing.

To really get kids off the streets someone should get them involved in some type of competitive riding were they could focus their energy and stay out of trouble. whether it be road or track or mountain. Anything to actually get them off the streets.

Anti passion over