Loser

Bullet Video cam question?

I have a chance to get a good deal on a Rainbow BC70W video helmet cam. It has 380 lines of resolution and 70 degree field of view. Is it worth it? I know its not top of the line, but I don't have big bucks to throw down right now. The question is: is it good enough, or will the quality be so poor as to make it useless?

John

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    I have a chance to get a good deal on a Rainbow BC70W video helmet cam. It has 380 lines of resolution and 70 degree field of view. Is it worth it? I know its not top of the line, but I don't have big bucks to throw down right now. The question is: is it good enough, or will the quality be so poor as to make it useless?

John
    The Rainbow BC70 will work just fine for recording the trails or your buddys back as follow him up and down a mountain. They are a little big for making a helmet mount but it can be done. At .5 lux it will have very good low light performance. If you are making your own cam there are more options out there. I like this one for helmet cams, it is 1/4" x 1/2" deep and out preforms the Rainbow at under $100.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0