Loser

Bulb for halogen Night sun - low beam?

I've got this older NightSun dual beam set up, its not HID, but it works fine for me. I dropped it and the low beam bulb filament broke. How do I get the old bulb out and can I get a replacement at Radio Shack or do I have to get one from NightSun?

A Friday night ride depends on you guys...

John

Do It Yourself
    If it's a standard MR11 bulb, you can use a NiteRider, Jet or others in the same voltage range or possibly use a hardware store type bulb for cheap. The more expensive bulbs are whiter, brighter, and more efficient with a smoother beam pattern. I have no experience with NightSun but I've read there customer service was atrocious. You might check with them anyway. Good luck.
    Long Live Long Rides

Loser

Yep MR11

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    If it's a standard MR11 bulb,
    Wow, that's great info. I just pulled it apart and it is an MR-11 type bulb. Off to Home Despot at lunch!

John

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    Wow, that's great info. I just pulled it apart and it is an MR-11 type bulb. Off to Home Despot at lunch!

John
    If you buy one from HD, make sure it has the same front glass as the one you have. A lot of the display bulbs are open on the front exposing the fragile inner bulb.
    Long Live Long Rides

Loser

This one's open too...

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    If you buy one from HD, make sure it has the same front glass as the one you have. A lot of the display bulbs are open on the front exposing the fragile inner bulb.
    This one has no glass over the front, its protected by a plastic lens which is part of the enclosure - held on by a snap clip.

John

Members who have read this thread: 0