Ahhh the pain....

Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff

We have some great single track in AZ...Soon to be over 60 miles primo trail that is some of the best around. Recently, another 5 miles were added on the north end of the trail that include a climb up a small canyon. The trial designer did a great job as usual making it all rideable and flowy...just amazing we have this great trail system so close to PHX... If you're in AZ sometime, it's a must do...

1st: view as the climb starts
    2nd: still more climbing...look at the peak at the top of the pic...that's where you get to...
    3rd: looking up the canyon
    4th: view from the top
    5th: looking down the canyon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-218small.jpg  

Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-221small.jpg  

Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-224small.jpg  

Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-229small.jpg  

Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-230small.jpg  

Perpetually Intermediate
    Where, exactly, is this? My Dad used to live in New River north of Phx. Is it up that way? Phoenix gets a bad rap, but I was impressed by the trails you could get on right from town.

mtbr dismember

Soon!

I've been eying this trail on the AZ forum for weeks and I hope to get there this March. Good info here.

Ahhh the pain....
    BCT starts at Carefree Hwy just off I-17 north of PHX, but from there up to New River road is pretty flat and boring. Starting at New River (Emery Hendersen Trailhead), all the way up to the current end of the trail is just over 50 miles that with the exception of maybe 5 miles of jeep road, is all single track.. There's at least another 10 or so complete after that but some land access issues are being sorted out. Here are some really great maps if you're ever in the area....
    http://singletrack.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=163

mtbr member
    We were there a week ago and camped at Bumblebee. We rode 15 miles north and about 20 miles south on this most awesome of trails. The last picture, is this right above Black Canyon City near the old wagon road or is it on the North end?
    https://www.facebook.com/album.php?i...0132&aid=30007

Ahhh the pain....
    That last pic is about 2 miles from the current end of trail on the north end...

mtbr member
    We didn't make it quite that far, YET! We did run into a trail crew doing an armored crossing South of there. It is a sweet trail system.

Mikey

I'd rather be biking...
    New trails are always a plus!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

it's not Az

but is the same ! Chira Trail in Gran Canaria island
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Canyon Trail AZ...New Stuff-dscn3926.jpg  

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Oh, man, I LOVE the BCT! Tons and tons of excellent MTB miles. And to think I haven't even done the skyline segment yet..... AND there are more miles to the north. I didn't think it could get better!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Gonna be there next week scoping out places to live... might have to rent some bikes and hit this one up!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Was there two weeks ago. Did the bumble bee to the north end and back... saw zero bikes and three (very polite and considerate) horse/riders. This was hand built trail.

Then we did the second Canyon City (headed south) exit trail head down across the river and a 25 or sol mile out and back. This was machine built trail.

Did this midweek and no one was around. Good stuff.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Members who have read this thread: 0