I like to ride bikes!

Bike art gift help....

My wife, four year old son and myself are a complete bicycle family. We race, tour, ride, commute, eat sleep and breath bikes! We were married at a bike race, my son has done races inutero, he's been pulled across multiple states in a trailer, .... bla bla bla...

Anyway I need a gift idea for my wifes birthday???

We have a house decorated with all sort of bike related art and I'd like to add to the collection.... so anybody see anything unique out there??? Nothing too expensive... just something cool!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Do you have the Park Tool toilet paper holder? This site also has a bunch of different stuff on it. http://store.velogear.com/ I think it is the same people that produce velonews
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

Don't worry, be happy!
    a toilet paper holder as a gift for the wife? I don't care how bikey you are, I think most women would put a TP rack in the same category as a vacuum cleaner or new dryer in the gift department... and that category is...

I'd go for a nice framed bicylce art poster... there's some great old art nuveau reproductions out there,

try here:
    https://www.enjoyart.com/bicycles.htm

the old black and white race photos turned into posters are here

https://www.postercheckout.com/Pictu...String=bicycle

lots of neato stuff there likes classic, framed (eddie merckx)

or some nice art with a bike theme?

A nice Edward Hopper print:

or even:

gainlessly unemployed
    umm, I know this is sorta spammy of me but....

Laek House

Maybe she'd like the Sweatshirt?

Is it play time yet?

Make her something?

I made this for my buddy's wedding. I'm an engineer by trade, so for me this was stepping way outside of the box. I enjoyed making it and he appreciated the effort.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutdog
    My wife, four year old son and myself are a complete bicycle family. We race, tour, ride, commute, eat sleep and breath bikes! We were married at a bike race, my son has done races inutero, he's been pulled across multiple states in a trailer, .... bla bla bla...

We have a house decorated with all sort of bike related art and I'd like to add to the collection.... so anybody see anything unique out there??? Nothing too expensive... just something cool!

Thanks
    www.resourcerevival.com

Making a picture frame out of an old chainring is an easy do it yourself project. Ikea sells a cool bike tire mirror for something like $15 plus a few bucks for shipping.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

I Just Ride....

Good job! Another self indulging plug...

Bike photography is always a good gift!
    If you are interested feel free to check out my website or the gallery I have here to see some of my photography.
    My prices are totally resonable.
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

try driving your car less

Thanks
    Sun shower? if you dont already have one...

if you have the time... look for a used hot tub. you can get em dirt cheap. clean it up and fire it up!!! great post-ride.
    Only boring people get bored.

desert dweller
    Several years ago I bought my wife a Brent Thomson (Bootleg Canyon Grand Puba) artist's proof print. He has many that are bike related mixed in with the landscapes and touristy stuff be sells in a gallery on the main street in Boulder City (a mile and a half below Bootleg Canyon). He does etchings, paintings and prints. $300-400 get you a nice small one framed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm give her one of these

http://www.dirtydogmtb.com/gecko.html

Thanks

indigosky

Check out Rudi Nadler

Hey,

I just ordered this lineotype from Rudi Nadler, fixed gear manic and artist extrodinare...

From Rudi:

"I'm making linoleum block prints of this image. It's title is "Prisoner" and refers to when Albert Londres called the riders in the Tour de France "Prisoners of the Road." Kind of the romantic feeling I get when I throw my leg over the saddle and begin to ride. Each image is an original work and not a reproduction. The image size is 12 by 14.5 inches printed on Stonehenge paper which is 22 by 30 inches. Price is $40 plus shipping and handling. The funds from this image will help me do the Great Divide Race next summer. If you are interested email me. Thanks."

he's at www.sock23.com

well, I can't upload the pic, but check it out here:

http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76114

Members who have read this thread: 0