Unpredictable

Because we buried our dog last night

I needed something more positive than beer

I love this bit of vid, although the owner copped all sorts of flak for it from people on the forum I saw it at. Feel the ride.

from Jack on Vimeo.

RIP Bobby, the best pug in the world and the only one I ever knew with ESP .

mtbr member
    Wow, great vid, although I think ive got arm pump from just watching it. I might be missing something but why did the guy get crap for the vid on another forum?

Sorry about your dog, the worst thing about having a dog is loosing it. I know my my is getting a bit old so im not looking forward to that day.

Underskilled
    Awesome video.

I was expectig a dog in the video, but hey.

I love it when somone takes their border collie riding with them. BCs have so much energy they love chasing a guy down a DH track.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Underskilled
    One side point, why is it that the gayer the music on an MTB video the better it works?
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Underskilled
    I also like the fact I could do most of that up until 16:18, then he just gets awesome for 10s or so.

Map Maker
    good lord that is a great ride! sorry about your dog.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

Surfin' da mountain
    Sorry to hear about your Pug, Bobby. Considering the abuse of animals throughout the world and the number of animals put to sleep in the U.S. due to over population, Bobby was a lucky little guy and probably lived like a king.

Jack, my little Jack Russell Terrier is 15 years old. Over the holidays he couldn't keep any food down. The Vet said he developed Hepatitis of the liver (common in some breeds at age), his days are numbered. Antibiotics and a recommended change in diet worked! Jack's back to his hyper, playful nature. We are hoping he will still be with us next Christmas.

I'm tired after just watching that video - its a great one!
    Last edited by Cucucachu; 02-02-2011 at 08:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry bout your pal.

Great video though. And yeah, why did he catch crap? Other riders just jealous?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Ah man, that sucks, sorry to hear it. I don't look forward to that part of the deal I mad with my guys when we brought them home, but alas, it's part of the package.

Find a puppy somewhere to play with, puppy kisses make great therapy.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Sorry for your loss, never an easy thing.

Wonder as well what the "flak" was given for? Misuse of the Ghostbuster's sample maybe?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    ppppppppppppppp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Because we buried our dog last night-dsc00037.jpg  

Because we buried our dog last night-dsc00321.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tjchad; 03-25-2015 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    I thought you were never gonna get to the bottom. Whistler is definitely on my bucket list.
    '14 Scott Genius 730 650b
    '16 Heller Bloodhound rigid

Unpredictable
    Thanks gang. We still have a 15 year old, crippled, demented and blind backup dog to keep us company. Thought she would be first to go. Long hard thoughts re a new dog with the son in his last few years at senior school and changes to come. It will be hard to replace old Bob who nearly made 14; a very good innings for a pug. He developed severe lung disease from fighting to get breath through all the squished up nasal and throat tissue for years. In the end it was too much. He knew and we knew, but he made his own end without the dreaded green needle. Only his love for the family kept him going, but he was totally happy and always there. He will be hard to replace - the wierdest and most devoted thing I have ever met.

Re the vid, well the criticism was straight up and all about having no-one in front to follow and other "technical issues". When he does get close to other riders it just makes it more interesting to my eyes. I've never ridden there, but from skiing Whistler in the past I have a rough idea of the terrain and it really is one heck of a run. My arms ache watching it too.

Love to give a pic of Bob, but for some reason I can't upload them - maybe something to do with the new Mac???

I'm SUCH a square....
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGiant
    One side point, why is it that the gayer the music on an MTB video the better it works?
    Cuz real men whose balls have dropped don't need to prove their pseudo-manhood with every breath.

Members who have read this thread: 0