mtbr member
    Mar 2008

anyone want to ride for diabetes?

the American Diabetes Association holds rides all over the country to raise funds for research.

my close friend just got it. he is 25. his blood sugar was in the 600's. so i helped buy him a mtb bike to get some exercise.

well he found this ride and asked me to do it with him. he is a rook and only has a mountain bike but he wants to do this ride anyways even if its on the road. so we will be on mtb's and he signed up for the 50 miler.

we don't have anyone else on our team and he doesnt know anyone who cycles as he is a total newbie, so all is welcome to join us and i figure it will be a great ride through wine country at least.

heres info about the ride

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/Tou...try&fr_id=7618

if you want to join the team or just want to donate 5 dollars to the cause (i have to raise a few hundred bucks to be "in" the ride), this link below will have links for online donating or joining the team. note, if you join the team, you have to raise a few hundred bucks too

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=...s_tafId=377383

thank you for your help

Terrain Sculptor
    I wish the JDRF in Canada would do a ride near me. My son is Type 1 and we'd both, go even if we had to ride road bikes. I've talked to them a couple of times about it but they just say there's not enough interest.

Cancer does a couple of rides every year in this area. We go on those but we have a vested interest in Diabetes. It would be nice to give our cause a boost by riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

~Disc~Golf~
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My Father died of diabetes today...ended up with an infection in his blood very tough loss....everyday I ride I'm going to push myself a little harder thinking about him..

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Sorry for your loss RR. All my best.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Sorry for your loss, Prayers sent for you and your family

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My wife and i just did the Tour De Cure here in Tucson last sunday. It was a killer day for a 65 mile ride and it was for a great cause!

spec4life???..smh...
    im signed up for 200 miles here in NC at the first of june...really a great event..good luck

mtbr member
    My wife is a T1 of nearly 30 years. There's a Tour de Cure in Woodland Park this year with a 25 mile MTB ride! Woohoo! I can do it on dirt rather than on the road!

"El Whatever"
    Best of lucks!!!

As a T2 Diabetic (family heritage and tradition ), I appreciate it!
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0