lidless ascender

another weekend, another great MTB ride

This time it was a bit longer than it usually is because of the shorter and shorter days.It all amounted to 1700m (5700ft) climbing, 51km (30mi+) and 6+ hours of riding.The day was great and sunny and we enjoyed every minute of it.We did start into a misty morning, but that changed about half hour into the ride when we were treated to perfectly clear skies.And of course there was unbelievably sweet singletrack thrown into the mix Unfortunatelly the leaves have all but fallen from the trees, but there was still some nice coloring to see here and there.
    I'll let pics do the talking (the best part wasn't photoed, we've been too busy riding it ) - the whole collection is HERE:

Marko

Nice pics again...

Marko,
    So far you have posted up some nice ride pics and great trails. I read your bio and saw you run a bike shop - does it have a website? I would take a look. If you keep posting pics like this I am gonna head your way in the Spring!

Cheers from Praha,
    Chris

lidless ascender
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    If you keep posting pics like this I am gonna head your way in the Spring!
    Don't worry, pics will keep coming, we've got loads of trails like (and better than) this one
    Actually it's funny how few people know about great MTBing in Slovenia.When people think about Alps, Switzerland, Austria, France and Italy are the usual suspects.And then, tucked under Austria and next to Italy, is tiny Slovenia, where you can get from alpine meadows to the sea in under two hours.Room prices are also very good, we make better pizzas than Italians (I know I started a war with this one ) not to mention beer in the pubs is much cheaper than the aforementioned countries
    Anyway, I like it.A lot

Marko

P.S: The shop's website is www.veb-company.si, by the way.It's only in slovenian, so it might be a bit difficult to decipher.Mine is only one of three shops.If you need any info, just PM me.Same if you plan on coming here.

lidless ascender
    A few more pics, mostly of the descent:

Marko

Love these pics...

Marko,
    I know all of those advantages you speak of. Not of Slovenia, but difference in price of beer between Czech republic and Germany/Austria etc. I have been here 3 years and love the city but not the riding in it. You can count on hearing from me once the new bike is built up and the snow is melting on the trails.

Cheers

Members who have read this thread: 0