Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004

Another Midwest ~VIDEO~

Yea, I know it is a little flat here in Illinois, but we do get a little creative when need be. I made this last year, it is from Challenge Park Extreme, a lot of fun & challenging. Right click, save, view & enjoy!
    www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/cpx.mpeg

-Timahh

mtbr member
    Hey man, where exactly is CPX? I live on the north side of Chi-town (libertyville) and wanted to come check that place out. Does it cost to ride there? There's a skatepark and stuff nearby too, right?
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

Just another FOCer
    Nice video and a very cool park you guys have going there.

Loved the early slow-mo shots over the gaps. Gives the viewer a greater appreciation of what you guys were jumping over.

Some very ballsy riding!
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

mtbr member
    Very cool. I sooooo want to try stuff like that, but haven't found anything yet where I ride. I like the 40mph speed limit.....too funny.

Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004

Thanks

Thanks for the props fellas. To answer for location, it is located in Joliet, Il. I live in Peoria, so it is about an hour drive for us to get there. The Team Sally fellas built all that you seen, they do a good job.
    If like that video, here is one when me and my buddies went to Marquette Michigan located on the UP.
    www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/mm2.mpeg

mtbr dismember

Nice!

Nice video quality and great riding, especially following so close over the jumps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Fun to watch, and I'm sure it's it even more fun to ride like that! LeeL, Brodiegrrl, and K'endo tried to show me their tricks on the Vancouver N'Shore, but I wasn't born with the skinny gene. More power to you! You have my respect.
    Thanks for the video.

mtbr member

Good job! Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Hey man, where exactly is CPX? I live on the north side of Chi-town (libertyville) and wanted to come check that place out. Does it cost to ride there? There's a skatepark and stuff nearby too, right?
    http://www.challengepark.com/

Yay! Bikes !
    for what it's worth my friends and I built all that ... glad you enjoy it !!!

edit: that must be old footage ... there are quite a few changes since that was shot so you should come back up and check it out when you can.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick.
    for what it's worth my friends and I built all that ... glad you enjoy it !!!

.[/I]

Wow, looks like a lot of work. Great park. I've never seen anything like that.

Yay! Bikes !
    thanks ... it has been a lot of work, but always fun.
    We've rebuilt a few stunts since that video was shot, and lately it has been ALL about the dirt jumps. So, if that is your thing, you'll be pleased!

Last edited by Nick.; 11-17-2005 at 04:01 PM.

me like bikes
    Oct 2005

i gotta go there

i'm from just about 40min. north of indianapolis indiana and we have nothing like that in indiana....i gotta hit that place up some time... how well do you think a specialized hardrock pro would hold up on those jumps?

Witty McWitterson
    nice tune!

been a while since I've heard DA.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    A little ! ! ! ???

Nice video kidz. I gotta start wearin jeans when I ride. May I too, can do jumps like that. Not.

Good job!!

jps

Quote Originally Posted by qc-guy
    Yea, I know it is a little flat here in Illinois, but we do get a little creative when need be. I made this last year, it is from Challenge Park Extreme, a lot of fun & challenging. Right click, save, view & enjoy!
    www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/cpx.mpeg

-Timahh

Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004
    and lately it has been ALL about the dirt jumps. So, if that is your thing, you'll be pleased!

Dirt jumpin'?!?!? Heck yes! We have a pretty good dirt jump section here in Peoria, it will begin to evolve more as time goes by and skills improve. In July I cased a 25' gap and separated my AC joint in my shoulder(I've broken the clavacal three different times in the past, dislocated the shoulder blade, all the same shoulder), had a slight concussion as well. As far as kidz comment, that makes me feel better, everyone you see in the video is in their 30's. Naw, we haven't grown up yet, but injuries last a lot longer though!
    Here is another, please right click and save, a little dirt jump session at a place we like to call "The Farm". The little guy is my son, he is 9 years old, this season coming up I'm gonna keep him out of baseball and take him riding with me, as much as I can, and to his capabilities and push him a little more. Enjoy!
    www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/DJ.mpg

-Timahh

mtbr member

Sweet!

Wow no kidding? I have the upmost respect for you guy's.

Watch out. There will be a day when that kid will say "follow me dad..." and your shorts will instantly have a brown spot. I know this from skiing w/ my kidz.

jps

...As far as kidz comment, that makes me feel better, everyone you see in the video is in their 30's. Naw, we haven't grown up yet, but injuries last a lot longer though!

Here is another, please right click and save, a little dirt jump session at a place we like to call "The Farm". The little guy is my son, he is 9 years old, this season coming up I'm gonna keep him out of baseball and take him riding with me, as much as I can, and to his capabilities and push him a little more. Enjoy!
    www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/DJ.mpg
    -Timahh

Currently in Exile
    and lately it has been ALL about the dirt jumps. So, if that is your thing, you'll be pleased!

As far as kidz comment, that makes me feel better, everyone you see in the video is in their 30's.
    Ahh, that explains why I like your music choices! Who was that in the first video? I feel like I should know, but it is escaping me.

Great vidz too. I will have to show the second one to my kids. We don't do anything quite so "extreme", but she always likes to see kids riding. Heck, there is some stuff at that dirt jump park that even a boring old XC guy like myself would try.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenspokes
    Ahh, that explains why I like your music choices! Who was that in the first video? I feel like I should know, but it is escaping me.
    The band in the first video was Death Angel, you know that decade that is so refered to as the 80's that produced all the speed metal and thrash. Thanks for the props, I like to try to keep the vids interesting, mix 'em up a little, some trail riding, dj & stick and board, actually that is how I like to ride. Accept some days I find myself on the ground more than on the bike!

-Timahh

Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezrg520kid
    i'm from just about 40min. north of indianapolis indiana and we have nothing like that in indiana....i gotta hit that place up some time... how well do you think a specialized hardrock pro would hold up on those jumps?
    My buddy did it all at cpx on a P2, but he is pretty smooth for the most part.

BGR / MCM #311
    ...I like to try to keep the vids interesting, mix 'em up a little, some trail riding, dj & stick and board.....
    ...some partial nudity, some questionable language.... ....
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

Rokken Like Dokken
    Jan 2004

My favorite video

that I had the oppotunity to make was this one. www.dansmtb.com/TempVid/mm2.mpeg

It was by far the most challenging. We had about 6 hours sleep the whole weekend, but the area was fantastic, the upper peninsula of Michigan. Perfect weather for the most part, and a gorgeous part of the state. There is a first part to the video, it is humorous, but you have to know the whole story behind it. I might post it when I have the time to tell the tale. Fireboy knows all about it, but he should have went with us, too much fun!

Enjoy,
    -Timahh

BGR / MCM #311
    ...Fireboy knows all about it, but he should have went with us
    yes...I should have....don't remember why I couldn't make that trip. It looked like a cross between our Devil's Head DH trip and the trip to Blue Mounds State Park....S'okay though....YOU should have gone to PISGAH with us in Sept. I'll be posting those videos shortly...just as a payback to you.

Now...quit "forcing" me to post here...LOL
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

Members who have read this thread: 0