mtbr member
    Jan 2004

All this talk about East vs West riding.....

has made me want to head out west to try something out there. I was checking out the May by the Bay forum and that looks interesting. Maybe the AZSF. Right now this idea is in the "maybe" phase of things. Just wanting to expand my horizon a little here. Checked out airfare and I know to fly into San Fran was something like $250 roundtrip for the May/June time of yr. If I did fly out to either event what's the chance of bumming a ride to/from the event and back to airport in exchange splitting gas and beer/food?

Maybe I can sweet talk Lowcel into joining me also. Wadda say Bruce???

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by crashedandburned; 11-14-2005 at 05:07 AM.

mtbr dismember

Tahoe or Downieville Gatherings

The Bay area is OK but it does not compare to riding in the Sierras. If you are coming all that way it would be way better to attend a Tahoe or Downieville gathering. One or both would probably be in July.

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    What Wherewolf said. Plus don't forget the other 2 airports in the Bay Area.... Oakland and San Jose. Do some rate comparisons. I personally prefer Oakland due to ease of getting in and outta there.
    Don't harsh my mello

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    has made me want to head out west to try something out there. I was checking out the May by the Bay forum and that looks interesting. Maybe the AZSF. Right now this idea is in the "maybe" phase of things. Just wanting to expand my horizon a little here. Checked out airfare and I know to fly into San Fran was something like $250 roundtrip for the May/June time of yr. If I did fly out to either event what's the chance of bumming a ride to/from the event and back to airport in exchange splitting gas and beer/food?

Maybe I can sweettalk Lowcel into joining me also. Wadda say Bruce???

Tanks everyone.
    For my money, I would fly into Vegas. Great local riding, only a few hours from Southern Utah(Gooseberry, Thunder Mountain, Little Creek, Brianhead to name a few), Flagstaff, and Sedona. Top it off with a few nights in Vegas and you really cant beat it.

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by wg
    What Wherewolf said. Plus don't forget the other 2 airports in the Bay Area.... Oakland and San Jose. Do some rate comparisons. I personally prefer Oakland due to ease of getting in and outta there.
    I agree, but fly into Reno - small airport with easy in, easy out.

The Vegas/Southern Utah option is one I'm looking into for next year as well. Can't go wrong with either of these.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

I am going to Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    For my money, I would fly into Vegas. Great local riding, only a few hours from Southern Utah(Gooseberry, Thunder Mountain, Little Creek, Brianhead to name a few), Flagstaff, and Sedona. Top it off with a few nights in Vegas and you really cant beat it.

Shawn

What trails are around there? Are there bike rentals? I really don't want to ship my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glennd357
    What trails are around there? Are there bike rentals? I really don't want to ship my bike.
    If you like technical stuff, Bootleg Canyon has everything you want. If you're looking for flowing singletrack, check out Cottonwood.

And there are at least two shops that rent quality bikes (Kona, Santa Cruz) out there, but their names escape me right now. Post in the Nevada forum and I'll bet you get a gajillion answers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Thanks!

If I can keep from going out till 5am ever night, I will definitely try to ride out there. The single track sounds good. I like technical stuff, but I think technical for Michigan may be different from technical out west. I am no spring chicken anymore (almost 39).

Members who have read this thread: 0