Thread: Some Bullsh!t

Yayer!

Some Bullsh!t

So I managed to mess myself up about 12 days ago or so...worst part, it wasn't even from riding a bike. Though this didn't happen while riding a bike it will still undoubtedly screw with my riding this season. Broke my ankle (technically my Tibia and Fibula) on some damned ice that was all stealth-like on my front steps. 1 Ti Plate, 8 Ti Screws and $25,000 later I am on the road to recovery. The second worst part about this injury...I just finished building my new rig 3 days before this happened and hadn't had it on a trail yet.

Broken ankles = bullshit!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    If you need to extend your pedals out from your crankarm, google up bicycle pedal extenders and check out the ones on ebay.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

banned
    Mar 2004
    Sorry dude, that sucks! I busted up my ACL, MCL and meniscus about 3 months ago. Surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I got out for over $42,000.00!!!! I'm glad I'm only going to be out $5,500.00 because of insurance. Heal quick. Springs coming!

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikernc69
    Sorry dude, that sucks! I busted up my ACL, MCL and meniscus about 3 months ago. Surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I got out for over $42,000.00!!!! I'm glad I'm only going to be out $5,500.00 because of insurance. Heal quick. Springs coming!
    Damn man! Bummer. My insurance is being a pain in the ass about this so I'm not sure how its going to play out. Spring is coming fast, so I'm not going to worry myself too much about it...it is what it is.
    Broken ankles = bullshit!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    OUCH! Sorry to see that.It would be torture to have to wait to ride a new rig.Thank God for insurance though."$60,000 to repair my left arm.Got insurance two days before the accident..."DOH"!

AZ
    banned
    Thats some quality carnage there , good healing vibes going your way . Good luck .

Members who have read this thread: 0