i was a victim of a hit n run in lafayette- Mtbr.com
    bay area CA

i was a victim of a hit n run in lafayette

i know the injuries im discussing werent from riding my bike, but the incident has kept me sidelined so im hoping someone out there can help me catch the guy who hit me.

hey all, i know this is a long shot, but im hoping someone out there can help ID the person that cause a hit and run accident on highway 24 westbound last monday night on january 16th.

at approximately 9:55PM, i was traveling westbound on highway 24 near the alacalanes exit in lafayette, when i was hit by a drunk driver going at least 90 MPH. the collision ssent my car spinning down the road 3 to 4 times before i flew off the road and into a dirt embankment. the guy didnt, stop, he just kept going. i escaped the car before it caught fire, but laid helpless in a ditch until a passing cop spotted the wreckage. the person who caused this collision has not yet been apprehended. thankfully i survived the crash thanks to officer harrison of the lafayette PD who rescued me. i am at home recovering from injuries to my neck and back, and cuts and bruises all over my arms and legs.

i know this is a long shot but i am looking for anyone in the bay area who witnessed this crash. the cops dont even have a description of the car that hit me, or any plate numbers. im hoping someone out there has seen this, or if you heard about this crash from a friend, please get in contact with me, or the lafayette PD. i left the numbers below. you call anonymously, we just need any kind of information. we just really want to get this A-hole off the streets before he hurts someone else. thanks for reading, and im praying we can catch this guy.

lafayette PD 1-800-222-TIPS

american red cross of oakland 510 594 5222

or just reply to this thread. thanks everyone, hopefully i can recover from my injuries fast and can get back on my bike some day!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LONO100 View Post
    i know the injuries im discussing werent from riding my bike, but the incident has kept me sidelined so im hoping someone out there can help me catch the guy who hit me.

hey all, i know this is a long shot, but im hoping someone out there can help ID the person that cause a hit and run accident on highway 24 westbound last monday night on january 16th.

at approximately 9:55PM, i was traveling westbound on highway 24 near the alacalanes exit in lafayette, when i was hit by a drunk driver going at least 90 MPH. the collision ssent my car spinning down the road 3 to 4 times before i flew off the road and into a dirt embankment. the guy didnt, stop, he just kept going. i escaped the car before it caught fire, but laid helpless in a ditch until a passing cop spotted the wreckage. the person who caused this collision has not yet been apprehended. thankfully i survived the crash thanks to officer harrison of the lafayette PD who rescued me. i am at home recovering from injuries to my neck and back, and cuts and bruises all over my arms and legs.

i know this is a long shot but i am looking for anyone in the bay area who witnessed this crash. the cops dont even have a description of the car that hit me, or any plate numbers. im hoping someone out there has seen this, or if you heard about this crash from a friend, please get in contact with me, or the lafayette PD. i left the numbers below. you call anonymously, we just need any kind of information. we just really want to get this A-hole off the streets before he hurts someone else. thanks for reading, and im praying we can catch this guy.

lafayette PD 1-800-222-TIPS

american red cross of oakland 510 594 5222

or just reply to this thread. thanks everyone, hopefully i can recover from my injuries fast and can get back on my bike some day!
    hey, sorry to hear abt the hit and run (i was rear ended once in the oakland maze, but at least they didn't flee). try posting in the norcal forum as well, i think there are a few people who live on that side of the berkeley hills
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

bay area CA
    thanks, i posted on the norcal section, and while nobody saw it, i did get some great ideas on how we could ID the person who hit me.

mtbr member
    I was involved in a hit and run recently and have had a few 32oz sodas thrown my way as well... all I am gonna say is that I now wear my GoPro anywhere I ride in Atlanta as well as on the trails... These people need a solid ass-kicking. good luck mate