GMM
    mtbr member

Hamstring Pull - Re-injury

I pulled my right hamstring muscle in April and lost a month of riding time. I had to use crutches for a week, and did the full physical therapy routine and followed all my instructions. Since then I have had numerous intense cycling sessions with no ill effects. Unfortunately, yesterday while descending some stairs, I felt the hamstring tighten and have felt a throbbing pain since. It even woke me up a couple of times last night, although I can walk around today fine, though with some pain.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Do I do easy cycling through the pain or rest until it goes away?

mtbr member

no help here

I've been struggling with a weak, sore hamstring for 2 months, nothing requiring crutches but I've done long cycles of big doses of ibu and stretching interspearsed with 2 and 3 weeks off the bike at a time with very little improvement.
    I rode last weekend, mostly DH and in a slow soft crash the hamstring locked up, I stretched quickly and I haven't had a major setback but I too am becoming frustrated with the pace of my recovery, which is much slower than other injuries.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Yeah, it's definately frustrating, which my ortho warned me about. Said hammy's are very susceptable to being aggrivated once injured. I noticed that you mentioned weakness, and I I have experienced this as well. Seems almost like a nerve issue with a loss of feeling in the muscle at times. Oh well, thanks for sharing. I think this may be a long road.

Members who have read this thread: 0