mtbr member
    Jan 2004

7-18-09 hit by car

Riding up Chantry paved rode saturday morning made it to the top turned around to head home

About 1/3 of the way down on an blind corner I came face to face with a car that was coming up the road IN THE WRONG LANE...

Was riding my single speed chameleon which only has rear brakes, locked um up and tried to swerve out of the way... didnt work

I hit the bumper with the rear of my bike which then pitched me up and over the handle bars

hit the ground with hands first and was able to roll to my left side bike still attached to my feet, slide across the road and ended up in the gutter

turns out she had crossed the double yellow to try and pass another cyclist that was going up hill...

fire and police were called and took reports, luckily all I suffered was cuts and bruises

I think my headset is shot and my front fork, this was a real eye opener for me

still not sure if how I want to handle it, the police said I should file a claim asap but really im just happy it wasnt worse...

be safe out there

banned
    Wow, that's bad and good to hear. I would recommend still getting a proper checkup, especially landing on your hands. Those injuries (ime), come up a short time later, and then can last for months. It was a good 6-8 months I had effects from a crash in September.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yes to both. File a claim and get checked out. Your injuries can be worse than you think right now. Also have your bike checked out. File a claim now though, you can always drop it later, but filing later won't help you.

Members who have read this thread: 0