Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, Canada

Not helpful.

Sorry, Canada

Jeez. Most of us are really sorry and we hope you'll forgive us when this is all over.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

mtbr member
    Name:  political fool.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  48.4 KB
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    #nationalnightmare
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

mtbr member
    The thing with tariffs and trade wars is, are there not more consumers than goods producers in the US? Your average lawyer or teacher etc doesn't produce a product, but they'll be buying them.

mtbr member
    Middle class gutted, unprecedented wage stagnation, Mexico's culture destroyed and their cheap labor exploited in our country, unfathomable wealth concentration....yeah how's all that globalization and nafta "free trade" working out?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

9 lives
    Sorry, Canada-vfngpim.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Otoh. A partial list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sorry, Canada-dfamitbxkaat2yw.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Middle class gutted, unprecedented wage stagnation, Mexico's culture destroyed and their cheap labor exploited in our country, unfathomable wealth concentration....yeah how's all that globalization and nafta "free trade" working out?
    If your economy is big enough to sell products to your own citizens (which the US probably is) then it may be possible with a closed economy. I guess the most difficult thing is, and maybe pertinent here, how many on here have American made mountainbikes, and if not, why not?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    how many on here have American made mountainbikes, and if not, why not?
    Because our trade policies make it near impossible to compete. Slave labor with no regard for the environment make for some mighty cheap products.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    I'm a yank, buy I ride Canadian Mountain Bikes.
    That's my political action.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Bicycles aren't motorized
    Canada? Isn't that a suburb of Montana?
    It ain't supposed to be easy.

Make
    America
    Gravel
    Again

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    Canada? Isn't that a suburb of Montana?
    Lol!

Sorry that's all I got.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Leave it to Ms Cyclelicious to bring vegetation into a discussion of tariffs. 😎

mtbr member
    Because our trade policies make it near impossible to compete. Slave labor with no regard for the environment make for some mighty cheap products.
    Believe me I understand, we make virtually nothing where I live. Everything is imported. To take one example (maybe not a great example) a BMW M3. Brand new in the US costs $67,000, here in New Zealand it costs $112,000 (converted into USD). So it shows what the scale can do for your pricing.
    I understand the ability of other countries to undercut the likes of the US and NZ, and it seems that manufacturing moves to another country as soon as those original workers want higher wages.
    Ultimately the price for a Kiwi or an American to manufacture something is considerably higher than (at this stage) their Asian counterpart. Whether this is right is worthy of debate. So it depends if you can stomach purchasing something made at home.
    The only local brand we have is Zerode, they are expensive yet the frames still come from Asia. I can't think of any US made frames, but the comparisons are the Zerode Taniwha, Hope HB160, but I guess something to consider is that neither really make entry level bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Otoh. A partial list.
    because this is.... fair... right??

mtbr member
    spoken with truth.

mtbr member
    Believe me I understand, we make virtually nothing where I live. Everything is imported. To take one example (maybe not a great example) a BMW M3. Brand new in the US costs $67,000, here in New Zealand it costs $112,000 (converted into USD). So it shows what the scale can do for your pricing.
    I understand the ability of other countries to undercut the likes of the US and NZ, and it seems that manufacturing moves to another country as soon as those original workers want higher wages.
    Ultimately the price for a Kiwi or an American to manufacture something is considerably higher than (at this stage) their Asian counterpart. Whether this is right is worthy of debate. So it depends if you can stomach purchasing something made at home.
    The only local brand we have is Zerode, they are expensive yet the frames still come from Asia. I can't think of any US made frames, but the comparisons are the Zerode Taniwha, Hope HB160, but I guess something to consider is that neither really make entry level bikes.
    I think we're on the same page but would use a different example to highlight the issues that have gutted the American middle class and frozen wages.

NZ makes good Pinot and is quite an industry there. Imagine NZ implementing laws and trade practices where all those Pinot grapes were shipped off to Bangladesh, China, etc. and then the wine was sold back to NZ at basically the same price. That's a scenario where profit is maximized for the very few at the expense of a large segment of the economy. Then the corporate owned news cycle convinces you this a good thing and you post some lemmingized bs post about it on mtbr further propagating the game. (I added the last part for effect).

mtbr member
    I think we're on the same page but would use a different example to highlight the issues that have gutted the American middle class and frozen wages.

NZ makes good Pinot and is quite an industry there. Imagine NZ implementing laws and trade practices where all those Pinot grapes were shipped off to Bangladesh, China, etc. and then the wine was sold back to NZ at basically the same price. That's a scenario where profit is maximized for the very few at the expense of a large segment of the economy.
    Are you suggesting that American raw materials (steel, aluminium etc) are shipped offshore, manufactured into something, then you buy as consumer?
    We do the same thing here with pine. We grow hectares off the stuff, cut it down. Ship it overseas, then buy it back as flat pack furniture etc. Don't me wrong, we have a similar question here, bigger gaps between the haves and have nots.

Until the mid nineties, New Zealand had tariffs on cars from overseas, so we had most Japanese manufacturers making cars here (they were all virtually in the same town). Tariffs were lifted in 1995 I think. All the prices on vehicles came down, all the factories shut. So there were probably 5000 jobs lost (I realise this is small scale), but yet everyone else got to buy cars cheaper. So you have to balance it, it's no good employing thousands of people to build cars if no one will buy them. Australia has faced the same issue, because of tariffs on imported vehicles, Ford and Holden (and others) until recently built cars there. But it meant that on a global scale the cars were more expensive, and I think both manufactures received government subsidies to remain and build cars. So arguably, as a tax payer, you were paying twice, once in your taxes, and again when you bought a car.
    I don't know what the solution is. The likes of Harley Davidson probably sell more bikes to Americans than they export. But I don't know.
    Well best numbers I could find were 2017
    Domestic Sales 148,000
    Exports 95,000

So if each country responds with tariffs, exports will drop, and HD have to cut staff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

NZ makes good Pinot and is quite an industry there. Imagine NZ implementing laws and trade practices where all those Pinot grapes were shipped off to Bangladesh, China, etc. and then the wine was sold back to NZ at basically the same price. That's a scenario where profit is maximized for the very few at the expense of a large segment of the economy. Then the corporate owned news cycle convinces you this a good thing and you post some lemmingized bs post about it on mtbr further propagating the game. (I added the last part for effect).
    I haven't had NZ Pinot, but that Kono Sauvignon Blanc is great for $10/bottle at TJs.

If this trade war tomfoolery messes with that vino, I'm going to get angry AND sober!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    I haven't had NZ Pinot, but that Kono Sauvignon Blanc is great for $10/bottle at TJs.
    If this trade war tomfoolery messes with that vino, I'm going to get angry AND sober!
    If it's any consolation New Zealand wine and meat is cheaper in the UK than it is in New Zealand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If it's any consolation New Zealand wine and meat is cheaper in the UK than it is in New Zealand.
    Smells like

COLLUSION

mtbr member
    I've had a look at Guerrilla Gravity's site. You can buy a Megatrail Ride 2 for the same money as a Stumpy Comp, similar ish builds. So it can be done. Both about $3000US.

mtbr member
    I've had a look at Guerrilla Gravity's site. You can buy a Megatrail Ride 2 for the same money as a Stumpy Comp, similar ish builds. So it can be done. Both about $3000US.
    I'd love for more domestic-made bike options.
    As with other things I've bought, I'm willing to spend more for a U.S. made product, assuming the quality is there.
    No doubt things would be a bit painful in the industry as it adjusts, but I think the growing pains would be worth the growth.

It's inevitable. With or without external market influence, overseas labor won't stay cheap forever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I usually take my family on a summer vacation to the northern U.S.
    We'll be staying in Canada this year.

Cracker Barrel, I will miss you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Otoh. A partial list.

And?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Heads exploding!

This is great!

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Heads exploding!

This is great!
    So, you care more about upsetting people than you do the actual ramifications of our policies on American workers and families. You value postering and looking tough over actual substance.

Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I ride and own a number of US made frames.

Also middle class and our income was stagnant for a number of years until recently; gone up quite a bit in the past year due to raises and bonuses (and tax cuts to a lesser extent). The company I work for is cranking and hiring like crazy. Job offers clutter my inbox.

I dunno where people are having problems making money right now, but if it's in New England, they're doing something wrong if they can't get decent work. Lots and lots of opportunity right now.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post

It's inevitable. With or without external market influence, overseas labor won't stay cheap forever.

By design I can't imagine there will ever be some sort of labor or wage equilibrium. 8 men hold the same wealth as the poorest 50% globally.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I should invade Fitch's house and take all his bikes

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post

Also middle class and our income was stagnant for a number of years until recently; gone up quite a bit in the past year due to raises and bonuses (and tax cuts to a lesser extent). The company I work for is cranking and hiring like crazy. Job offers clutter my inbox.

I dunno where people are having problems making money right now, but if it's in New England, they're doing something wrong if they can't get decent work. Lots and lots of opportunity right now.
    How dare you!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    American middle school class is very wealthy compare to Canadians

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Middle class gutted, unprecedented wage
    stagnation, Mexico's culture destroyed and their cheap labor exploited in our country, unfathomable wealth concentration....yeah how's all that globalization and nafta "free trade" working out?
    Mexicos culture doesn't destroy d!ck. Global market sliced out the pushbuttin jobs while workers took no education training to evolve. Wealth concentration to who???
    hint: they got the tax breaks.

Free trade is great and when lazy Murikans get their sh!t together, stop taking subsidies like cheaters and take up trade skills they'll get middle class earnings back.

Nice try on the blame game but you suck at it.

Yah Canada, the toupee administration is f@$ing everyone right now.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post

Cracker Barrel is garbage.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    I'd love for more domestic-made bike options.
    As with other things I've bought, I'm willing to spend more for a U.S. made product, assuming the quality is there.
    No doubt things would be a bit painful in the industry as it adjusts, but I think the growing pains would be worth the growth.

I love when the Murikans say they'll buy american made like their ready to dish out 3 times the price. There's several USA bike manufactures now that are getting f@$%ed because of the tariffs and fake claims of patriot wallets ready to buy American.
    Prove it. Is your bike(s) American made now?
    Last edited by homeslice; 06-12-2018 at 02:24 PM.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post

What do the value of your bikes come out to? The nation is full of middle class folks ready to fork out $3500 for their kids middle school graduation present. Such a middle class decision.

And these jobs you speak of are middle class living wages with benefits? Such as?
    Last edited by homeslice; 06-12-2018 at 02:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    Mexicos culture doesn't destroy d!ck.
    Excuse me? I think you misread that. I said Mexico's culture has been destroyed which in turn sends cheap labor here to be exploited. Look into the school of the Americas or western hemisphere institute for security cooperation. The rest of your tirade is lockstep with what I posted.

mtbr member
    I love when the Murikans say they'll buy american made like their ready to dish out 3 times the price. There's several USA bike manufactures now that are getting f@$%ed because you say you will buy American.
    Hahaha!!!
    Such anger... get a grip, or lay off the meth.

Reading is fundamental.

mtbr member
    That's what I have. Along with a made in Colorado MRP fork.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Excuse me? I think you misread that. I said Mexico's culture has been destroyed which in turn sends cheap labor here to be exploited. Look into the school of the Americas or western hemisphere institute for security cooperation. The rest of your tirade is lockstep with what I posted.
    Yup. Misread the Mexico culture (whatever you mean by that) and if your referring to Mexico being overthrown by cartels especially at the border then you're right.
    It's everything else you mentioned that paints a broad brush to nonsense.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post

I usually take my family on summer vacation to BC. We'll be joining you in Canada this year too.

Tim Horton's here I come!

mtbr member
    Sorry, Canada-img_0642.jpg

You got a problem with my made in USA Guerilla Gravity?

(current MRP fork not pictured)

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Hahaha!!!
    Such anger... get a grip, or lay off the meth.

Reading is fundamental.

I'm a very happy man who's not afraid to tell f@cktwats like yourself to eat a d!ck when you lie about buying American. You're lazy fingers might strain from the click research on American bike manufactures.

Such anger??? Wow Mr. sensativity. Step away from the screen, you might cry.

mtbr member
    I'm a very happy man who's not afraid to tell f@cktwats like yourself to eat a d!ck when you lie about buying American. You're lazy fingers might strain from the click research on American bike manufactures.

Ah there we go. I figured you would result to middle school name calling soon.

You are such a tolerant good boy.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0642.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	1203440

You got a problem with my made in USA Guerilla Gravity?
    (current MRP fork not pictured)
    You've got a problem with acknowledging when a post is directed to Coal Crackhead and not you. Work on that.

Bonus: The toupee just hiked up their materials costs and that bike would cost double if the aluminum was made here. Hope you're happy.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    Ah there we go. I figured you would result to middle school name calling soon.

You are such a tolerant good boy.

It's not name calling when your pointing out facts especially to some d!ckpunch who takes a moderate post as angry.
    A typical Trump voter response with nothing to dish out.

mtbr member
    It's not name calling when your pointing out facts especially to some d!ckpunch who takes a moderate post.
    He's just Trump voter barking.
    Yeah... Because posts have context right?

mtbr member
    You've got a problem with acknowledging when a post is directed to Coal Crackhead and not you. Work on that.

Bonus: The toupee just hiked up their materials costs and that bike would cost double if the aluminum was made here. Hope you're happy.
    You know what? I am happy.

I'm quite pleased that you got so riled up over my innocuous post. I've really accomplished something today. Now it's time for a beer.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    So, you care more about upsetting people than you do the actual ramifications of our policies on American workers and families. You value postering and looking tough over actual substance.

Sounds about right.

Sorry dude, I won't bite at your bullshit troll. Instead, I'll observe how things play out rather than participate in end of the world rhetoric fueled by bullshit.

Pro Crastinator
    don't be a wuss...

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    You know what? I am happy.

I'm quite pleased that you got so riled up over my innocuous post. I've really accomplished something today. Now it's time for a beer.
    "You've got a problem with acknowledging when a post is directed to Coal Crackhead and not you. Work on that.

Bonus: The toupee just hiked up their materials costs and that bike would cost double if the aluminum was made here. Hope you're happy."

^If this is your idea of being "riled up" your senses for drama matches the intensity of watching paint dry.

Your trolling really sucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

Pro Crastinator
    oh sure, quote your only post that was rational...

mtbr member
    Sorry dude, I won't bite at your bullshit troll. Instead, I'll observe how things play out rather than participate in end of the world rhetoric fueled by bullshit.
    Exactly!!
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

Formerly of Kent
    Donít be such a pansy. Defend what you actually said.

Death from Below.

mtbr member

Formerly of Kent

Sorry, Canada

What is funny about either of those statements?

Personally, I find someone admitting that they get pleasure from the distress of others both sad and alarming.
    Death from Below.

Not helpful.
    It's not name calling when your pointing out facts especially to some d!ckpunch who takes a moderate post as angry.
    A typical Trump voter response with nothing to dish out.
    Dude. C'mon, simmer down, jeez.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

Cycologist
    Nice thread you started here, Finch. It's like one of those western scenes where everyone's punching each other and breaking chairs over people's heads.
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

Pro Crastinator
    everyone was just playing poker listening to the piano player before homeslice came in and started shooting up the place...

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    everyone was just playing poker listening to the piano player before homeslice came in and started shooting up the place...
    Obviously, there wasn't any weed passed around.

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    If you had an attention spam longer than my toddler you'd see the shitshow on tariff and faux news image crap l, and trade war blame started from the very beginning. This isn't about poker genius. It's about the northern country getting sh!t on by a dictating sh!t for brains while Trump voters delve in to this nest to troll.
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

Not helpful.
    Lol

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post

You mean. DICKweed?

searchin for Animal Chin
    Finally it's happening for real woo hoo! All that's missing is Deniro throwing a hissy fit!

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes

There is absolutely nothing about my comment that requires defending. It is purely observation about those, you included, losing their collective shit over heavily blown up happenings to which you instantly forecast dire-straits and doom and gloom all based on bullshit.

So, continue on with your forecast of rock-bottom recession and trade wars brought to you by the MSM but first, be careful and look down, I think that's your frontal lobe you're about to step on. I'd get that checked and reinstalled. G'day!

Pro Crastinator
    If you had an attention spam longer than my toddler you'd see the shitshow on tariff and faux news image crap l, and trade war blame started from the very beginning. This isn't about poker genius. It's about the northern country getting sh!t on by a dictating sh!t for brains while Trump voters delve in to this nest to troll.
    i actually don't care one bit about the political world or how it affects me. i also don't complain about it either...

Stone Jack Baller

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoker View Post
    Is that Justify??

Bikesexual
    i actually don't care one bit about the political world or how it affects me. i also don't complain about it either...
    Yep, my thing is no matter what.."I have to work on Monday".

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member

I like you, homeslice. You make me laugh. I mean that...

I could explain my initial comment. But it's really not worth it. You're not worth it. Don't go away mad, just go away.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Guess we spotted the next unibomber.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sito40 View Post

Are you sure? I thought I had read somewhere that it is the opposite...

mtbr member
    Hopefully they already have you on a watch list.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    I like you, homeslice. You make me laugh. I mean that...

I could explain my initial comment. But it's really not worth it. You're not worth it. Don't go away mad, just go away.

I'm not worth it, pooey. Whow wait I'm not worth it again? My God Coal why so angry???

Not helpful.
    Reported.

Cycologist

Quote Originally Posted by darth biker View Post
    Are you sure? I thought I had read somewhere that it is the opposite...
    Maybe the American middle schoolers beat up the Canadians and took their lunch money?
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    Any chance of a thread clean up? I can't believe an economic thread will be shorter than a thread discussing how to carry a product designed to kill whilst mountainbiking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What do the value of your bikes come out to? The nation is full of middle class folks ready to fork out $3500 for their kids middle school graduation present. Such a middle class decision.

And these jobs you speak of are middle class living wages with benefits? Such as?
    Not sure about the value of my bikes; I don't do MSRP. I've got 15 or 20 now, all types, many vintages. I think 9 or so are US made, 2 Canadian. Newest ones are custom steel, got a couple FTW rigs kicking around.

I have no idea where your 3500 number comes from.
    Been riding for almost 30 years and have never had to spend that much on a bike.

I'm a designer for a process piping outfit. We do a lot of biopharm work, stainless high purity stuff. Being in the Boston area, the customer base is pretty major.

Welders, pipefitters, plumbers...we need them, bad. We're a non-union shop, have well over 100 guys in the field, run a reallly cool 4 year pipefitter apprentice program (just started a new group of 10 or so this week; I've gotten a number of young guys from the local vocational school into it. A few of the are in their early 20s and already homeowners now. Believe that guys with little experience start around 20/hr or so), very good benefit package and advancement potential. I myself just have an AS in CAD and am making solid engineer money.

My wife is a dental hygienist. She also did a 2 year program. Makes about the same as I do and only works 3 days a week.

Opportunity everywhere.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Do they serve attention spam at Cracker Barrel?

mtbr member

It's laced with bad vibes, man.

mtbr member

Another reason to stay in Canada... just sayin'.

Bikesexual
    No history lessons either.
    Do they serve attention spam at Cracker Barrel?
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

A waste of time it is is
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 364
Size:  273.6 KB

One ring to mash them all
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Nice thread you started here, Finch. It's like one of those western scenes where everyone's punching each other and breaking chairs over people's heads.
    More like this:

Edit: There's even a nuanced representation of Godwin's law -- see if you can spot it!
    Last edited by the one ring; 06-13-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    All Li es Matter

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Maybe the American middle schoolers beat up the Canadians and took their lunch money?
    Nobody beat up Canucks

Not helpful.
    Nobody beat up Canucks

Matthew Perry did.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/02/enter...tch/index.html

No known cure
    Please MTBR, bring back F88.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    "You've got a problem with acknowledging when a post is directed to Coal Crackhead and not you. Work on that.

Bonus: The toupee just hiked up their materials costs and that bike would cost double if the aluminum was made here. Hope you're happy."

^If this is your idea of being "riled up" your senses for drama matches the intensity of watching paint dry.

Your trolling really sucks.

Au contaire, my trolling is working magnificently. I just caught a 14lb. Brown trout.

What have you caught today?

Not helpful.
    Au contaire, my trolling is working magnificently. I just caught a 14lb. Brown trout.

What have you caught today?
    Pics er it dint happen.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Pics er it dint happen.
    Sorry, Canada-4860791763_2895c66ba0_b%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Trump is Hitler. Trudeau is.........nobody.

tire to rim ratio tester
    I hope this is all over soon as well.

You look at how all dictatorships are started. All the same formula.

Divide and conquer politically. Create zenophobia, and nationalism. Destroy the normal functions of government and all the checks and balances. As in destroy 'The Deep State'. Recommend jailing your political opponents. Deport/harass certain minorities. Use the police and justice system for enriching yourself and family/friends at the expense of everyone else.

They ALL use the same formula. Just because we live in the USA doesn't mean it can't happen here, if we just sit on our ass and let it happen. If we let it happen, it WILL happen.
    "A $1700 bike is not fit to be hucked from a curb"
    MTB B'Dos

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post

Divide and conquer politically. Create zenophobia, and nationalism. Destroy the normal functions of government and all the checks and balances. As in destroy 'The Deep State'. Recommend jailing your political opponents. Deport/harass certain minorities. Use the police and justice system for enriching yourself and family/friends at the expense of everyone else.

They ALL use the same formula. Just because we live in the USA doesn't mean it can't happen here, if we just sit on our ass and let it happen. If we let it happen, it WILL happen.
    Way back when I saw some kind of commentary or cartoon, but it was basically like telling a child the stove was hot, but they just had to experience it for themselves.

The parent was Germany, and a number of other countries, and we were the cold obviously.

They've been there... They know...

Pretty funny perspective

Not helpful.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4860791763_2895c66ba0_b[1].jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	478.2 KB 
ID:	1203844
    Holy cow! Nice work!

How's it taste?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post

Rather than talking about politics directly, it might be informative to discuss history. More to the point, how authoritarian regimes have gained power through history and what they do with that control...

One can then draw their own conclusions about our present situation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Holy cow! Nice work!

How's it taste?
    A little fishy.

mtbr member

Maaaaan
    There is absolutely nothing about my comment that requires defending. It is purely observation about those, you included, losing their collective shit over heavily blown up happenings to which you instantly forecast dire-straits and doom and gloom all based on bullshit.

So, continue on with your forecast of rock-bottom recession and trade wars brought to you by the MSM but first, be careful and look down, I think that's your frontal lobe you're about to step on. I'd get that checked and reinstalled. G'day!
    Rail traffic and housing is down, those are early indicators. Plus the administration of greed took the safeties out again. Every time the idiots in power do that, wham goes the economy.

PS the Fed is going up too...
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Afric Pepperbird
    Please bear with us, Canada. President Circus Peanut will not be with us for much longer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Please bear with us, Canada. President Circus Peanut will not be with us for much longer.
    Is that a threat of violence against the President?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast