Is there a new 29er Chilcotin immenant?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dispersion View Post
    Is there a new 29er Chilcotin immenant?
    New 29er Chilcotin ?-ios-10-shrug-emoji.0.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I feel like the Warden was the 27.5 successor to the Chilcotin, and a long travel 29er would in turn be a new rig under a new name.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    I feel like the Warden was the 27.5 successor to the Chilcotin, and a long travel 29er would in turn be a new rig under a new name.
    The question is, what is a Chilcotin? The Warden V1 was a successor to the Chilcotin as Knolly's do everything bike but I think the Warden V2 (170 LT front & 160 rear) rides closer to a Chilcotin than the V1 Warden. It's a bit bigger, a bit burlier, still wants to go all day.

If Knolly made a big 29'er what do they call it? Warden 29? Didn't somebody once call it the Convict? Maybe alternate between the good guys and bad guys with new bikes... Warden, then Fugitive, now the Knolly Fuzz?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Despite being an extremely capable bike the Delirium isnít that big a bike, I rode one and thought Knolly could easily build something with more travel and bigger wheels and still make it pedal fine up the hill. Thereís gap that could filled.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    A Chilcotin is one down from a DH bike. But itís not something youíd really take to the Chilcotin Mountains, Iíd take the fugitive or warden

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnies View Post
    The question is, what is a Chilcotin? The Warden V1 was a successor to the Chilcotin as Knolly's do everything bike but I think the Warden V2 (170 LT front & 160 rear) rides closer to a Chilcotin than the V1 Warden. It's a bit bigger, a bit burlier, still wants to go all day.

If Knolly made a big 29'er what do they call it? Warden 29? Didn't somebody once call it the Convict? Maybe alternate between the good guys and bad guys with new bikes... Warden, then Fugitive, now the Knolly Fuzz?
    People still believe in the "good guys" narrative?

Anything but "fuzz", please.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GT87 View Post
    People still believe in the "good guys" narrative?

Anything but "fuzz", please.
    I think the point that was being made was understood. Whatever you want to call them and however you feel, it's probably smarter for a bike company to steer away from naming anything after any branch of law enforcement. The name "Convict" for a bigger brother to the Fugitive has been tossed about in this forum for years and I was playing with it. Then again, the "Knolly Inspector" has a certain ring to it...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnies View Post
    I think the point that was being made was understood. Whatever you want to call them and however you feel, it's probably smarter for a bike company to steer away from naming anything after any branch of law enforcement. The name "Convict" for a bigger brother to the Fugitive has been tossed about in this forum for years and I was playing with it. Then again, the "Knolly Inspector" has a certain ring to it...
    Agreed... best to steer clear. I'm just not going to buy a bike that glorifies cops in bold letters, and I doubt I'm the only one. It would just kind of ruin it for me. I'm not hating on all cops as evil people, but the institution as a whole can go fu<k itself.

WTB already named a tire the "convict", although it would fit well with the existing naming theme.

"inspector" is cool though... I like that! Might be a better fit for the hardtail though.

mtbr member
    I politely disagree about the suitability of terrain in the Chilcotins for big bikes

New 29er Chilcotin ?-farwell-canyon-chilcotin-river-crop.jpg
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    I politely disagree about the suitability of terrain in the Chilcotins for big bikes
    Totally correct. Farwell Canyon has probably been shared in the media more than the back country access points off of the Hurley. I actually don't think many people realize that this legendary zone is in the Chilcotins.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Woah... the recycle bin might be the best forum on mtbr

The new chilcotin looks rad!
    Last edited by GT87; 2 Days Ago at 07:53 PM.