How you guys manage tight switchbacks and trails? are effectively faster?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How you guys manage tight switchbacks and trails? are effectively faster?

Hi!

REally looking for a new rig this year and one of my favourites candidates are the Pole Stamina 180

But hou you guys feels this bike (or other modern geo Pole bike) w/ the switchbacks?

Are you really faster than other bikes w/ "less" modern geo?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member

How you guys manage tight switchbacks and trails? are effectively faster?

Iíll preface this with the fact that I have not taken my Evolink 158 on a downhill run yet...

Iíve also never ridden the Stamina 180 (fell in love with the Evolink when I saw it)...

That being said, on my local trails, which are mostly XC, I am both faster than I was my previous bike (Niner Rip9) and many of the guys riding XC bikes that weigh sub 25lb (my rig weighs easily 34-36lb).

Cornering is where this bike really made a difference for me. Before, I used to find myself excessively braking before sharp turns...this bike just inspires a confidence that you can throw it into whatever you want and itíll take it. On my Niner, I always felt overly compact despite being on a large frame...the Pole actually feels more natural to me.

And thatís without getting into the suspension design which virtually eliminates pedal bob despite my using a DVO Jade coil shock.

Iím sure someone could write something more objective about how each degree changes how the bike turns and such...me? I just say the bike feels amazing to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Bill View Post
    Iíll preface this with the fact that I have not taken my Evolink 158 on a downhill run yet...

Iíve also never ridden the Stamina 180 (fell in love with the Evolink when I saw it)...

That being said, on my local trails, which are mostly XC, I am both faster than I was my previous bike (Niner Rip9) and many of the guys riding XC bikes that weigh sub 25lb (my rig weighs easily 34-36lb).

Cornering is where this bike really made a difference for me. Before, I used to find myself excessively braking before sharp turns...this bike just inspires a confidence that you can throw it into whatever you want and itíll take it. On my Niner, I always felt overly compact despite being on a large frame...the Pole actually feels more natural to me.

And thatís without getting into the suspension design which virtually eliminates pedal bob despite my using a DVO Jade coil shock.

Iím sure someone could write something more objective about how each degree changes how the bike turns and such...me? I just say the bike feels amazing to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks !