Lyrik Ultimate 170
    Hunt Trailwide wheels
    Shimano (XT/XTR/ZEE/SLX) drivetrain 30t fr 11/46 rr
    Spank Vibrocore 780 bars
    Maxis Assegsi F/R 2.5
    One Up V2 (150) Dropper post
    34.5lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hangtime; 02-03-2020 at 06:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Like the thread!

Here goes with mine
    Evolink 158 Large
    Lyrik Ultimate 170mm (got DSD Runt coming for it)
    Chromag Bars w/revolution grips
    e*13 Stem
    DVO Jade Shock w/CC VALT spring (also have stock Monarch for when the mood hits me)
    Atlas 170mm cranks on Wheels Mfg Bb
    Spank Spoon pedals
    Eagle X01 Shifter
    Eagle GX Derailleur
    e*13 9-44 Cassette
    Magura MT7 brakes-rotors 180 f/r
    170mm reverb stealth dropper
    Custom wheels-Hope Pro4 hub WTB asym front, Onyx hub WTB asym rear
    Maxxis DHF rear, Maxxis Assegai front

Love this rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not overly fast, not slow, kinda halfast

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Just got my 2020 Evolink 158 large

Red with black label

Build
    EXT Storia LOC V3
    DVO Onxy 170mm
    X01 cranks 170mm
    XT 12spd drivetrain
    XTR cassette
    TRP quadiem g spec brakes
    Joy Stick Analog 780 carbon bars
    OneUp alloy pedals red
    OneUp grips
    Race Face Turbine R 40mm stem
    Ride Fast carbon wheels
    Michelin Wild Enduro Front and Rear
    Rimpact inserts
    OneUp 170mm dropper
    WTB High Tail Carbon saddle

33.4lbs

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Evolink v1.3 XL Red Pepper

RS Lyrik Select RC 2020
    RS Monarch Plus RC3
    Mavic i30 wheels (custom front, XA29 rear)
    Schwalbe Magic Mary 29x2.6 / Bontrager SE4 29x.6 (for summer)
    Shimano XTR 11s shifter+derailleur+Sun Race 11-46 cassette
    Shimano SLX 12s cranks
    Shimano XT M8020 trail pedals
    Shimano Zee Brakes /w 203&180mm RT66 rotors
    Race Face Atlas 35 35/800 bar
    Race Face Chester 35 40 stem
    ODI Elite Flow 2.1 grips
    One Up v2 210mm dropper /w Wolftooth ReMote
    WTB Volt Pro saddle
    77 Designz crash plate
    Mudhugger Front Race Fender Long (at front) and cutted non-long at rear

Now I'm running i40 (DT XM1501 + Hope 4 Pro/XM551) with 45NRTH Wrathchild + Suomi Tyres Fat Freddie 27.5x3.0 studded tyres in the snow and ice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evolink Builds-d70_8381_4k.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Looking good!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    What kind of rear fender are you using??

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    That fender at the back is "Mudhugger Front Fender Short". I've did cut the bottom part shorter.

And since the first picture I've also shortened the 'legs' which attach to seat stay to make more room for the 3.0 winter tyre. There's also some 3M chip protection tape and mastik tape on both stays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evolink Builds-d70_8401_4k.jpg  

Evolink Builds-img_20191208_145306.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have been thinking about getting an Evolink 140 and I'm trying to decide on what size to get. I'm 5'6" but have long torso and arms with short legs. Over the years I have gone between riding smalls and mediums. Lately I have been sizing up to the mediums. Most recently I had a medium Canfield Riot that I just sold, a medium Gambler for my DH bike and I just broke my medium Kona Hei Hei. The ETT number for the Small Evolink is right in-between those bikes with a similar STA as the Riot. I'm nervous that the Medium Evolink will be a hair to big. The sizing guides will often put me in a small because of my height but I usually feel more comfortable on a medium. However that may be because of the increased wheelbase and reach. The Pole has that covered and I'm think I might want to adhere to their sizing guide. What do you all think?
    Surly Ice Cream Truck

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Go with the Medium. The Evolink ride smaller then the numbers would suggest. I believe the small Evolink would be too small...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sourDz View Post
    Go with the Medium. The Evolink ride smaller then the numbers would suggest. I believe the small Evolink would be too small...
    Right on. Thatís kind of how the Riot was. I had a small and had to size up to the medium. That said the small Evolink reach and ETT are both longer than the medium Riot was. Similar STA and BB drop. Stack is a bit different. Iíve never seen a Pole in person let alone have had the chance to demo one. The numbers on these are so interesting. I guess Iím nervous that the wheelbase will be too much if I get too laid out.
    Surly Ice Cream Truck

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    You'll like the Evolink alot!!! I was a Canfield sponsored rider for 4 years. 2014-2018 and I love their CBF!!! If they only made the One.2 with more aggressive geo I would have been all over it... they had thr chance to knock it out the park and they went for a 1st base hit.... the new aggressive geo like Pole is where its at!! It does take a while to become familiar with the way it rides but once you get it its so FUN!!! I actually have a Stamina 180 coming and currently ride a Nicolai G1.... I sold the Evolink 158 to fund the Stamina 180. I don't see myself ever going back to a "regular" geo bike.... all these bike companies are taking baby step to get the geometry of Pole and Nicolai......

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sourDz View Post
    You'll like the Evolink alot!!! I was a Canfield sponsored rider for 4 years. 2014-2018 and I love their CBF!!! If they only made the One.2 with more aggressive geo I would have been all over it... they had thr chance to knock it out the park and they went for a 1st base hit.... the new aggressive geo like Pole is where its at!! It does take a while to become familiar with the way it rides but once you get it its so FUN!!! I actually have a Stamina 180 coming and currently ride a Nicolai G1.... I sold the Evolink 158 to fund the Stamina 180. I don't see myself ever going back to a "regular" geo bike.... all these bike companies are taking baby step to get the geometry of Pole and Nicolai......
    I ride a v1.2 Evolink 140 and kind of wish I had the 158 but that wasn't available at the time. I was thinking of getting a Stamina 180 next year but am now considering the Nicolai G1. What's the reason of getting the Stamina if you already have a G1? Is there something are you looking for in the Stamina that you're not getting in the G1? I'd be interested to hear how the Stamina rides compared to the G1 as they're both pretty similar in geo and travel.

The only thing that put's me off a little on the G1 is lack of bottle cage.
    Pole Evolink 140

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I have ordered a Pole Evolink 158 frame. But I am wondering about the fork. 170 mm or 180 mm? 51 mm offset vs 42 mm offset? I'll get the Lyrik Select probably.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by trail-blazer View Post
    I ride a v1.2 Evolink 140 and kind of wish I had the 158 but that wasn't available at the time. I was thinking of getting a Stamina 180 next year but am now considering the Nicolai G1. What's the reason of getting the Stamina if you already have a G1? Is there something are you looking for in the Stamina that you're not getting in the G1? I'd be interested to hear how the Stamina rides compared to the G1 as they're both pretty similar in geo and travel.

The only thing that put's me off a little on the G1 is lack of bottle cage.
    So here is quick off the top of my head comparison. Both similar on paper but in the real world completely different

The G1 is a very capable bike good all rounder. The geo is spot on for my 6' 1" frame. My build weighs in at 35.3lbs. The G1 is not the most pedal efficient bike but it has 175 rear and 180 front so to be expected. On my local trails it does get the job done and it fun to ride but it really shines at lift access. I feel like the G1 is a DH that you can pedal. Basically my dream bike about 10-15 years ago. G1 is built to last and is very solid. The G1 EXT Storia V3 rear is amazing its totally different then the of the shelf V3. I only have about a months worth of riding on the G1 before the weather changed. I'm sure the more time I get on it the G1 the more capable it will become.

The Stamina 180 is just mind blowing. After selling the Evolink 158 I was kicking myself for doing so. I felt that bike was a great all rounder and extremely capable bike. The G1 filled that void but was a little sluggish on my local trails. However it wasn't going to be a one do it all bike for me. Then the Stamina 180 came to my door.
    First off my build weighs in at 32.7lbs. I was shooting for 33lbs. The seating position is even more extreme then the G1 and the Evolink 158. The pedal efficiency is unreal with 180mm of travel. It actually feels like a lesser travel bike. The anti squat is crazy. The bike accelerates when you put the pedals down. The bike feels more lively and playful than both the Evolink 158 and G1 even though its bigger the Evolink 158 it feels more playful. The Stamina really shines on my local trails which is my goal. It it my dream bike like the G1 was. No, the Stamina 180 is the ultimate trail bike hands down. I have even less time on the Stamina 180 then the G1 but I can say the Stamina 180 is ridiculous.

Both the G1 and Stamina are crazy boutique bikes and have their differences and similarities. I would say the G1 is more at home on rowdy shuttle/lift Access riding. Still gets the job done for trail riding. The Stamina 180 is a mind blowing trail bike. More at home on pedaly raw trails with ups and downs. Again I don't have a great deal of time on the Stamina.

G1 build
    Manitou mezzer 180 44 os
    Sram XX1 drivetrain
    HOPE cranks
    HOPE V4 brakes
    AXS 175 dropper
    We Are One Union hoops on Onxy classic Hubs
    Michelin rubber
    JoyStick Binary carbon bars
    FUNN Funduro 45mm stem
    Rev grips
    Chromag Dagga pedals
    SDG solid Ti saddle
    *35.3lbs

Stamina 180 build
    Lyrik 180 with DSD RUNT
    AXS XO drivetrain
    CC eewings
    TRP QUAD brakes
    Oneup 210 dropper
    ENVE M730 on White Industries Titanium spindle Hubs with Berd poly spokes
    E13 rear tire Vee front
    NUKEPROOF 31.8 carbon bars
    ENVE 40mm Stem
    Oneup grips
    Oneup pedals
    SDG Ti saddle
    *32.8lbs

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by H-akka View Post
    I have ordered a Pole Evolink 158 frame. But I am wondering about the fork. 170 mm or 180 mm? 51 mm offset vs 42 mm offset? I'll get the Lyrik Select probably.
    I ran both a 160 and 170 up front on the Evolink. I found that the 170 was the best match. Very capable geo! Great all rounder with the 170. I think 180 my be great for shuttle or lift access but I think it would be too much for trail use. I believe the BB would be too high. It was high enough at 170