Will there be a 2018 Pivot Firebird Update and/ or color change?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2014

Will there be a 2018 Pivot Firebird Update and/ or color change?

As per the title, I'm considering a Firebird and was wondering if anyone had any inside info if there is an update/color change coming up for the 2018 season?
    I wouldn't think so seeing how it's only been out for a year, but you never know....

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Doubt it. Pivot usually goes at least a couple of years before they go changing colors or messing about with geometry tweaks, etc. And with the universal success of the launch and good reviews, I betcha they don't touch it for at least another year or so. They don't really do model years.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B Rabbit View Post
    As per the title, I'm considering a Firebird and was wondering if anyone had any inside info if there is an update/color change coming up for the 2018 season?
    I wouldn't think so seeing how it's only been out for a year, but you never know....
    And that's exactly why they don't do "model years" with a new color each year. So people don't wait for newer/better version. Because color doesn't make a bike better. Even though most of us would argue that a bike in our favorite color is better than any other color!

Nothing seems to kill me
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    And that's exactly why they don't do "model years" with a new color each year. So people don't wait for newer/better version. Because color doesn't make a bike better. Even though most of us would argue that a bike in our favorite color is better than any other color!
    Let's be honest. Red is faster. This has been proven. But there is already a red Firebird. So there will probably be no changes unless they can make it lighter and/or stiffer/stronger.
    They made some changes on the Mach 6 pretty quick. Stiffened up the rear triangle, redid the internal cable routing- all of which is reflected in the Firebird.
    I love the fact that they don't do "model years". They make changes and changes are needed.
    Sweet Jesus don't let the judge release me, what if she's a Zombie or a Dracula and tries to f&*king eat me.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    ^^ True Story!
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Is it true that firebird is a better climber than the mach6?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final-Limit View Post
    Is it true that firebird is a better climber than the mach6?
    I own a Firebird and had both the first and second gen Mach 6 and the FB climbs better than both of those bikes. However, the third gen Mach 6 looks to be better with the steeper seat tube angle and the longer reach and given the shorter travel probably is a better climber than the Firebird.