Push eleven six on a mach 6?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Push eleven six on a mach 6?

Anyone have any experience with this shock on the m6? Any info would be great, I've read tons of positive reviews but none on the m6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Talk to Darren at push. He was riding one on a Mach 6 for quite awhile

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    One of the guys at Pivot runs one and is on the boards. He seems to love it, but you better at that price! Sounds like the ultimate set up.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys I'm trying to get a unbiased review from a pivot member. All the reviews have been so positive but most of them on a Nomad.

You are right it's so costly thats why I'm trying to figure out if its worth it. I'm torn between this upgrade or carbon wheels. I have I9 enduro which have been awesome besides replacing bearings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You could get a CC DBAir or Fox X2? and Carbon wheels for the price of that shock...that is what I would do if I were you...I have done both and it makes the bike way better overall!!!

The M6 needs separate dampening and compression controls just as the CC and X2 provide. How much better is the elevensix than the others I just mentioned? Is it $800 better? It looks like a bad ass piece of art. The service is $125 which is how much a CC service is.
    Last edited by pedal-man; 11-08-2015 at 06:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I would agree. I think carbon wheels would give you more of a game changer upgrade, so do both for the price of an eleven six. Love my Derby wheels!

Pivoteer
    I have spent several months on the 11/6 on my V1 M6 and about half a dozen rides on the V2 M6. I have ridden, though not on the M6, several CCDB shocks including the Air, Coil, and Inline (on the M6), and have had many, many Avalanche shocks including several Chubies, Woodies, and a DHS. In my opinion, Avalanche blows CC stuff out of the water, and has always been my go to custom tuned shock.

Although the 11/6 I tested was not specifically tuned to my riding style, I am nearly identical in size and weight to the person it was built for. The 11/6 is in a league of it's own. A league with a $1200 buy-in, sure, but none the less the best shock I have ever ridden.

The dual overhead cam design is truly magnificent. A quick flip of the switch and you can have a nicely trail tuned shock, or an unbelievably plush DH shock. Both setting have a HSC and LSC, and both can be adjusted on the fly WITHOUT tools which is amazing. I found myself adding a click here or removing a click there, I was always able to find the exact setting I was looking for, and quickly without having to get off the bike, pull a tool from my Camelbak. Sounds like a small thing, but it's not. The range of setting fit my needs, I wouldn't ask for more. The rebound was really, really good, and no matter what setting I chose it was usable. This has been the easiest and quickest shock I have setup. Push includes a setting guide, but as mentioned above, the recommended settings were a bit stiffer than I like.

On the trail the shock is amazing. In trail mode I would say the M6 loses a touch of the responsiveness it has with the FloatX installed. The bike doesn't quite accelerate as well, and at times the pedals feel a bit harder to turn. This will be true for almost any coil shock though due to the additional weight and added suppleness. Here is Phoenix, we don't have crazy vert, but we do have super technical climbs. The feedback at the pedals from the 11/6 is something I have never really felt before. While climbing a big, rough, stepped granite slab, I can feel exactly what the rear tire is doing. I can feel as the granite tears and rips away at the rubber on the Maxxis HR 3C tires on each power stroke. The traction level is insane. To get the shock to be as plush as I like for climbing, I did find the bike would squat a bit more causing a few unwanted pedal strikes. On super steep sections the front would wander a bit where it normally would not with the FloatX.

Descending, this shock is unlike anything I have ridden. Everything from small bump to big hits is improved, traction is exceptional, but probably the most notable performance increase for me was the ability to maintain cornering speed. The shock is so supple and provides such great feedback, I knew exactly what the rear tire was doing, and gained confidence because of it. I was routinely faster on my normal descents because the bike was more composed.

Only you can answer the question if this is the right shock and price tag for you. The 11/6 is a no holds barred shock that does exactly what they say it will. As always with PUSH customer service is top notch. Service intervals are on par with every other high end damper out there, and keep in mind that the 11/6 is the ONLY coil shock approved for the M6. While testing the shock, it never once flinched. If I had the funds, no doubt I would have one on my bike.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the replies, as the only coil shock approved for the M6 I think that says it all.
    I've never had a coil shock so maybe its time plus it looks badass.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I have spent several months on the 11/6 on my V1 M6 and about half a dozen rides on the V2 M6. I have ridden, though not on the M6, several CCDB shocks including the Air, Coil, and Inline (on the M6), and have had many, many Avalanche shocks including several Chubies, Woodies, and a DHS. In my opinion, Avalanche blows CC stuff out of the water, and has always been my go to custom tuned shock.

Although the 11/6 I tested was not specifically tuned to my riding style, I am nearly identical in size and weight to the person it was built for. The 11/6 is in a league of it's own. A league with a $1200 buy-in, sure, but none the less the best shock I have ever ridden.

The dual overhead cam design is truly magnificent. A quick flip of the switch and you can have a nicely trail tuned shock, or an unbelievably plush DH shock. Both setting have a HSC and LSC, and both can be adjusted on the fly WITHOUT tools which is amazing. I found myself adding a click here or removing a click there, I was always able to find the exact setting I was looking for, and quickly without having to get off the bike, pull a tool from my Camelbak. Sounds like a small thing, but it's not. The range of setting fit my needs, I wouldn't ask for more. The rebound was really, really good, and no matter what setting I chose it was usable. This has been the easiest and quickest shock I have setup. Push includes a setting guide, but as mentioned above, the recommended settings were a bit stiffer than I like.

On the trail the shock is amazing. In trail mode I would say the M6 loses a touch of the responsiveness it has with the FloatX installed. The bike doesn't quite accelerate as well, and at times the pedals feel a bit harder to turn. This will be true for almost any coil shock though due to the additional weight and added suppleness. Here is Phoenix, we don't have crazy vert, but we do have super technical climbs. The feedback at the pedals from the 11/6 is something I have never really felt before. While climbing a big, rough, stepped granite slab, I can feel exactly what the rear tire is doing. I can feel as the granite tears and rips away at the rubber on the Maxxis HR 3C tires on each power stroke. The traction level is insane. To get the shock to be as plush as I like for climbing, I did find the bike would squat a bit more causing a few unwanted pedal strikes. On super steep sections the front would wander a bit where it normally would not with the FloatX.

Descending, this shock is unlike anything I have ridden. Everything from small bump to big hits is improved, traction is exceptional, but probably the most notable performance increase for me was the ability to maintain cornering speed. The shock is so supple and provides such great feedback, I knew exactly what the rear tire was doing, and gained confidence because of it. I was routinely faster on my normal descents because the bike was more composed.

Only you can answer the question if this is the right shock and price tag for you. The 11/6 is a no holds barred shock that does exactly what they say it will. As always with PUSH customer service is top notch. Service intervals are on par with every other high end damper out there, and keep in mind that the 11/6 is the ONLY coil shock approved for the M6. While testing the shock, it never once flinched. If I had the funds, no doubt I would have one on my bike.
    Thanks for the nice write up.

Shock mod threads on the stock M6 are lacking in general.

I'm looking at moving from the X to the X2 on my V1 M6, if Fox will work with me. My Float X died twice this year.

If I were a better rider, good enough to justify it, I'd go 11/6.

As an aside, notice much difference betwen the V1 and V2?

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post

As an aside, notice much difference betwen the V1 and V2?
    If you are referring to the 11/6 difference between the V1 and V2, then no. There are differences but they are subtle. The extra stiffness of the V2 lends well to the coil as the V2 tracks a bit better through high speed chunk. The 11/6 really shines at speed. Push makes some pretty hefty claims with the 11/6, and IMO, the shock backs it up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    This is amazing. I felt my self going faster just reading this. Why are these not a stock offering?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    I certainly didn't mind having to "personally" develop the settings using this rig this past year!

Push eleven six on a mach 6?-mach6-1.jpg

Darren

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Dayum. That is a nice looking addition. Sweet build.

mtbr member
    Very sexy!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Just banged mine on the other day. Haven't had a lot of saddle time due injury yet but the two short rides I've had on it I can back everything tiSS'er said. It is absolutley a cut above the float X but it would want to be for the price. The service from NS dynamics (Australian distributor) and Push has been insanely good. If only it was always this easy. I'm very very happy.

Push eleven six on a mach 6?-_mg_1577.jpg

Push eleven six on a mach 6?-_mg_1573.jpg
    Perfect combination??????
    Push eleven six on a mach 6?-_mg_1571.jpg

mtbr member
    EsPeGe looks sick I'm jealous haven't pulled the trigger yet but soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 5power View Post
    EsPeGe looks sick I'm jealous haven't pulled the trigger yet but soon.
    You won't regret it when you do mate.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    So I've done a bit more time on the bike and all I can say is believe the hype!!!! This shock is ridiculous. I haven't had a chance to really bomb somewhere like a gravity park yet to see what the descend mode is really like but the climb/trail mode is awesome. It climbs way better than the Fox and I can feel the tyre biting into the dirt. There is no bob that I can feel but man is it supple. Whilst the fox felt jittery at times this thing just smoothes out the bumps. The other thing I love is that I can tweak it on the fly without tools. Each turn of the HSC or LSC makes a noticeable difference. I haven't messed with the rebound yet.

I also went to a particular section of trail that could happily be on a DH trail just not quite as steep. It's a rock garden maybe 70m long with all sorts of different surfaces, erosion gullies and bumps. There is nothing really big on it but it's 70ish metres of burly junk. I hit it a number of times as fast as I could aiming at the roughest sections. Each time I was amazed at how well this shock smoothed it all out. The rear end tracked exactly where I expected and I never felt like I was out of control. In the end I reckon it was the fastest I have been through this section of trail.

Another interesting thing was when I forgot to flick it back to trail/climb mode I didn't notice until I got out of the saddle to accelerate. Only then did I notice the extra suppleness but otherwise it was still really nice with no bob which was really impressive.

Overall I am extremely happy with this shock. I was concerned about the mass hysteria involved with so many unbelievable reviews that it couldn't live up to it. In the end I can only say that this thing lives up to the hype. It climbs really well and descends the rough stuff superbly. There is no bob that I could notice yet it smoothes the trail out so well that it would seem impossible not to bob a little. The tracking is excellent and I'm yet to feel out of control although I still haven't given it the full gravity park treatment. The traction it provides is ridiculous and I'm not kidding I can feel the tyre biting on those tough climbs. Yes it's a pricey bit of kit but I must say that for the service I have had from Both NS Dynamics (Aust distributor) and Push Industries themselves and how my bike now feels I'd say it's worth it.

The other thing to think about to maybe make the cost seem a little less painful is that a new Fox Float X2 or a DHX2 is about $800-$900 AUD at my LBS. The service schedule for those shocks according to the fox site is every 100-125 hours or 12 months whichever comes first and the cost for the big service on both of those shocks is $214 at my LBS. Personally I generally ride 125 hours every few months I'd reckon technically I should be getting my shock serviced 2-3 times a year so $400-$600 AUD worth. The Eleven six is a once a year service. I'm not sure of the price but I think it's roughly the same. So the cost of the Push is $1650 plus $200ish for a service once a year so $1850 AUD. The cost of a fox is $850ish plus up to $600 for the servicing per year if you ride a lot so around $1450ish. So for only $400 difference you might be able to convince yourself (like I did) that you should pull the trigger. Food for thought.

So if you have the coin and are in the market for a coil shock then I definitely recommend checking out to see if Push does the ElevenSix for your rig. It's built like a tank, looks the bomb and rides insane. I love it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    so... what is it that makes the 11-6 fine to use on the M6, where another coil shock voids the warranty?

I thought coils were very linear that could cause hard bottoming out on the m6, hence a no-no.

Is the 11-6 significantly more progressive than say a CC-DB?

Pivotal figure
    I was kinda wondering the same thing so i asked the boss today and here's the basic info.. The PUSH 11-6 shock has a spring curve that closely matches that of an air shock, specifically the bottom out resistance. They have a couple of guys that own Mach 6's and were able to dyno their shock to match the stock tune while also providing the feel of a coil shock. Typically a coil shock will be very linear but PUSH have managed to give their shock a progressive bottom out control that works very well as a replacement shock on many bike models. That technology is reflected in the price of the shock but in this case you do get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by eandrew View Post
    so... what is it that makes the 11-6 fine to use on the M6, where another coil shock voids the warranty?

I thought coils were very linear that could cause hard bottoming out on the m6, hence a no-no.

Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Just ordered an 11/6. Super stoked, I am in a little bit of sticker shock still but I have always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I am on the Float X right now, I used to have a Knolly Chilcotin with a CCBD and having that plush shock is what I miss about my Knolly the most. Plenty of posts to come once I get it.

mtbr member
    I forgot to put a shout out to guys at Push, the customer service was awesome. I had a long conversation before making the purchase, after I pulled the trigger we got down to business, these guys are great!

Pivotal figure
    I finally pried our test shock away from tiSSer and while I've only gotten one quick ride in on my regular test loop, it lives up to what I've been hearing. This is quite simply the best shock I've ever ridden. All the benefits without the negatives. Really, the only downside is the cost ($$) and the weight penalty over an air shock. Performance is unbelievably good.

mtbr member
    Just banged mine on the other day. Haven't had a lot of saddle time due injury yet but the two short rides I've had on it I can back everything tiSS'er said. It is absolutley a cut above the float X but it would want to be for the price. The service from NS dynamics (Australian distributor) and Push has been insanely good. If only it was always this easy. I'm very very happy.
    Whoa...any chance I got get those pics from you to use on our social feeds? Looks sweet!

Yes.

I forgot to put a shout out to guys at Push, the customer service was awesome. I had a long conversation before making the purchase, after I pulled the trigger we got down to business, these guys are great!
    Awesome! We've got a good crew....happy to hear they took care of you.

I finally pried our test shock away from tiSSer and while I've only gotten one quick ride in on my regular test loop, it lives up to what I've been hearing. This is quite simply the best shock I've ever ridden. All the benefits without the negatives. Really, the only downside is the cost ($$) and the weight penalty over an air shock. Performance is unbelievably good.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    did your test include using both circuits? you guys similar in weight? same frame model?
    breezy shade

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, same rider weight and frames (mine is the alloy version, he has the carbon, both are Mach6 V2). I've only gotten a couple of quick after work rides in so my experimenting with both circuits has been very limited. Right now we have it set with one in more of a "climb" setting and the other slightly more open overall for a plusher feel. I found that even the more open settings work very well on the techy climbs we have here without the usual coil "boing" I expected. It's just very quiet and composed, the tires sticks where I want it to but I can still hop the bike over stuff with minimal effort. And it's still crazy smooth at speed on descents, all with one setting (and there are 2!). Looking forward to some longer rides next week so I can really dig into the setup a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    did your test include using both circuits? you guys similar in weight? same frame model?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, same rider weight and frames (mine is the alloy version, he has the carbon, both are Mach6 V2). I've only gotten a couple of quick after work rides in so my experimenting with both circuits has been very limited. Right now we have it set with one in more of a "climb" setting and the other slightly more open overall for a plusher feel. I found that even the more open settings work very well on the techy climbs we have here without the usual coil "boing" I expected. It's just very quiet and composed, the tires sticks where I want it to but I can still hop the bike over stuff with minimal effort. And it's still crazy smooth at speed on descents, all with one setting (and there are 2!). Looking forward to some longer rides next week so I can really dig into the setup a bit more.
    looking forward to reading your future reports w/ more time on it. also curious to hear how bad a funk that Tisser guy is in since he aint sportin' an 11/6 anymore. poor fella
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sounds amazing! If only there were coil sprung fork available to compliment this bedazzled technology, one could just stop carrying around those dumb shock pumps all together.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Pivoteer
    looking forward to reading your future reports w/ more time on it. also curious to hear how bad a funk that Tisser guy is in since he aint sportin' an 11/6 anymore. poor fella
    I'm not happy about this, not one bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I'm not happy about this, not one bit.
    ya, once you've had the best, it's hard to go backwards. i suppose you're on an Av. shock now, eh? oh well, things could be worse.

have you written a long term review of the 11/6 that i missed? if not, maybe now would be a good time. that is, if you could bring yourself to give that much thought to a love lost. could be good therapy.
    breezy shade

Pivoteer
    ya, once you've had the best, it's hard to go backwards. i suppose you're on an Av. shock now, eh? oh well, things could be worse.

have you written a long term review of the 11/6 that i missed? if not, maybe now would be a good time. that is, if you could bring yourself to give that much thought to a love lost. could be good therapy.
    I have not been on an Avy product since I began working at Pivot. I am quite satisfied with the stock Fox tunes, I think they work very well with the DW Link.

The 11/6 is the only coil approved for the Mach6 and if I was looking for a coil, I would look nowhere else. I have posted a more detailed review on page 1 of this thread. I agree with everything KB states above.

mtbr member
    It arrived!!!! Can't wait to break it in tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    It arrived!!!! Can't wait to break it in tomorrow!

Nice. still on the fence with this or new derby wheels.

mtbr member
    Can anyone compare an M6 with the Elevensix to the ride of a Nomad with Elevensix? Anyone ride both?

If not perhaps general thoughts on the plush factor and plow ability of the M6 with this shock compared to other bikes. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

Pivotal figure
    I can't compare the ride with a Nomad but I can say that if you buy this shock with the expectation of it turning your Mach6 into a lightweight Phoenix you're gonna be a bit disappointed. It's a very "planted" feeling ride but not at what I'd call a "plow bike" feel. I'd rate this much more as a "Race" tune where the focus is Control over Comfort. Basically, it feels better the faster you go and the bumpier things get. It definitely lets you motor thru some nasty stuff but it doesn't have that super plush DH bike feel, which is why it also pedals so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverB View Post
    Can anyone compare an M6 with the Elevensix to the ride of a Nomad with Elevensix? Anyone ride both?

If not perhaps general thoughts on the plush factor and plow ability of the M6 with this shock compared to other bikes. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I can't compare the ride with a Nomad but I can say that if you buy this shock with the expectation of it turning your Mach6 into a lightweight Phoenix you're gonna be a bit disappointed. It's a very "planted" feeling ride but not at what I'd call a "plow bike" feel. I'd rate this much more as a "Race" tune where the focus is Control over Comfort. Basically, it feels better the faster you go and the bumpier things get. It definitely lets you motor thru some nasty stuff but it doesn't have that super plush DH bike feel, which is why it also pedals so well.
    I completely agree. It doesn't turn the Mach 6 into a DH bike but that isn't what it was designed for (bike or shock). I think the shock offers a ton of adjustability as well as the flexibility to be tuned to someone's exact riding weight and style. I am 210 lbs, getting my Fox Float X tuned was a beast and after getting it "close" I pretty much just settled with a mediocre ride. The 11/6 does offer a much better feel and as you said the faster you go the better it feels, but I think my Mach 6 has even improved when it comes to climbing. I am still getting a feel for the shock and plan on getting some really in depth field notes and sharing but so far my 11/6 is amazing.

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, the climbing traction for me is the biggest plus. The rear wheel just sticks to everything, without bogging down! It's definitely an impressive shock. On a side note, I got to pedal around on a friend's Phoenix with the new FloatX2 shock installed and that makes a HUGE difference in how that bike feels as well. It pedals damn near as efficient as the Mach6, super snappy and fast while still retaining the DH bike ride quality. And he took a nice chunk of weight off an already light build (his DH bike weighs the same as my M6 alloy )
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    I completely agree. It doesn't turn the Mach 6 into a DH bike but that isn't what it was designed for (bike or shock). I think the shock offers a ton of adjustability as well as the flexibility to be tuned to someone's exact riding weight and style. I am 210 lbs, getting my Fox Float X tuned was a beast and after getting it "close" I pretty much just settled with a mediocre ride. The 11/6 does offer a much better feel and as you said the faster you go the better it feels, but I think my Mach 6 has even improved when it comes to climbing. I am still getting a feel for the shock and plan on getting some really in depth field notes and sharing but so far my 11/6 is amazing.

mtbr member
    Name:  Bike01.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  125.7 KB

Okay, I have at least a dozen rides on my Elevensix now. I will do my best to give a quality review here.

First off, I decided to look at the Elevensix because I was unhappy with the tune-ability of my Fox Float X, don't get me wrong, the Float X is an amazing shock but it's hard to get that super plush and small bump compliance feel when you are a 200+ pound rider. My last bike was a Knolly Chilcotin, I had a CC DB Air and it was better than the Float X for me so I always felt the Float X was a down grade. I looked at getting another DB Air but when all was said and done I was still going to have to run high air pressure adjust HS/LS compression endlessly, so it was a really hard justification, spend $700 for a slight upgrade?? This is where the Elevensix comes into the picture, a big price tag but to me it is a big enough upgrade to make it worth it.

So a little about my experience buying the shock. I can't say enough for the guys at Push. When I called to order my shock we had a long discussion about every aspect of my riding; where I ride, how I ride, how much I weigh, what my current set up is and the pro's/con's of my set up.

I guess my stats are important for the review as well. I ride a Medium Pivot Mach 6. With all my gear; helmet, full camelback, spare tube, multi-tool etc.. I tip the scale at 218. I live in Marin County and ride as much singletrack as possible. I also take trips to Colorado, Oregon, Wyoming and Utah yearly. I am not a bike park type of guy so there are no shuttles, I have to climb to get the reward. I am not a fast climber but I can grind it out when needed. Most of my days involve between 2000-3500 of climbing. I like technical downhills/trails. I am not hitting huge gaps or jumps very often, I do hit the occasional drop. I enjoy rock gardens, baby heads, that fast chundery type stuff.

So after our conversation my shock was shipped with valve 1 set up similar to the "trail" mode on my Float X and valve 2 was set for more downhill, plush feel. I also had the 475lb spring installed.

Once installed on my bike (which was super easy), I went to familiar local trails that I know like the back of my hand. I really tried to ride them hard and pin-it in the fast rough section, the elevensix was amazing, I could immediately feel a difference when it came to that fast small bump compliance, it felt like my bike was stuck to the ground and yet when I would come out of a rough section my teeth weren't chipped from chattering. I then went on one of my favorite rides that involves about 2500 feet of tight technical singletrack climbing. I was extremely surprised by the elevensix. The extra weight wasn't noticed, I really do think my bike handled the technical climbs better. At first I chocked it up to "placebo effect", new shock and all, but after a few more climbs I was able to compare some of my previous times and I was improving. But back to the fun stuff, going down, the elevensix likes it fast and rough...lol, I have never felt more confident on my bike when pinning it through rough terrain.

Since getting my shock I have actually seen two others while out riding and it's instant brakes and "HEY NICE SHOCK!", it's like owning a jeep, I think we need to come up with a special wave...okay maybe not, but seriously the two guys I ran into were just as stoked as me and had very similar experiences.

I am not a pro, but I am an avid rider and have a lot of experience on different bikes and suspension set ups. I highly recommend the elevensix for those who like to go downhill fast. I think its a perfect shock for that heavier guy that cant get his mass produced shock tuned perfect, at least that was my reasoning, I am sure the smaller guys will love it as well. If you are a cross country rider who enjoys that climb more than anything else the elevensix is obviously not the right shock for you. I think the fact that this is a coil over shock people assume its purely downhill, I just want to share that it really isn't, it is a great trail/all-mountain/enduro shock.

Everything I have stated is pretty much already known so I guess this "review" just adds onto the others that have said the same thing. All in all it's a huge investment, it will be something that many will have a hard time justifying, it took me 4 months to make up my mind and save and scrape together the money, I defiantly had sticker shock and some buyers remorse when I saw my bank account the day after buying it but that went away after my first ride. If anyone has any question please feel free to PM me.

Pivotal figure
    I just did a little back-to-back comparison after riding the PUSH for a few weeks then switching back to my FloatX and back to the PUSH again. It confirms everything I felt in my first rides and is pretty much a verbatim experience to yours. The weight penalty isn't really noticeable and the added stability on the climbs and descents is the best I've ever had. I even tried running the shock with the compression settings nearly full open (only 3 clicks on High & Low) and it still felt amazing. Just a little bit of movement when pedaling but not really bogging down, and that rear wheel just glues itself to the ground unless you tell it otherwise. For me, the upside to running the FloatX is that it's performance matches up very well with the Float36 (plus the lower weight). I'd really like to try the 11/6 with an RC2 version fork so I could dial things in a bit more and see if I could get that magic front/back balance.
    Short story is still the same: if you want the absolute best performance and can afford it, this shock will deliver the goods.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Push eleven six on a mach 6?-img_3970.jpg
    Just picked mine up yesterday. Sweet! Putting it on today for a trip to Fruita tomorrow. Decided to snow today, so no test ride. Go away snow. I'm done with you this year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    And a picture with it installed...Push eleven six on a mach 6?-img_3981.jpg

And I'd like to give a quick shout out to the guys at Push, Dave especially. I've dealt with them for years and they are always willing to take the time to discuss options, pros and cons, and make sure you get what you are looking for. Most of the people at Push have been there for as long as I have been going there for service (6+ years). It's great to see a local company who can actually make stuff here AND keep good people around!

Next ride...Moore Fun. Stoked!!!