Frame Protector for Mach 5.7?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Frame Protector for Mach 5.7?

I wanted to ask if anyone who owns an anodized Mach 5.7 or Pivot frame for that matter were able to use a clear frame protector on it. I am hearing that because of the frame being anodized, it makes it very difficult to use a lot of clear protectors that are out due to the surface area being difficult to stick to. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Just noticed this thread. I don't own an anodized bike but I do have a bike with a flat paint job that I have installed VentureShield on. I assume it will stick on an anodized finish. Just realize that it will make your paint look like gloss paint in the areas that you apply it. They also have flat films and faux carbon fiber films out there.

Here is a website that sells bulk film: http://aircraftpaintprotection.net/c...89296176fbfef5

You can buy it by the foot to try it out and it wont cost you as much as some of the kits.

mtbr member
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TR6EW2

I used this, and it does stick to my anodized 5.7.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Crankskins stick just fine to my anodized frame. Just make sure to clean the surface before you install

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate it. I will take a look at all the options listed and go from there.

Members who have read this thread: 0