Did the M4C Gloss Color Change?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Did the M4C Gloss Color Change?

Comparing my gloss "anthracite/green" frame that I got in March with a new one in the store, the new frame looks more gray. Also noticed they changed the description to "anthracite/yellow" on the Pivot website, and the new pic (with the Fox 34 fork) does look yellow compared to the one shown in the video freeze frame at the bottom of the page.
    Does anyone know if they actually changed the color of the frame or just the graphics, or both?

Pivotal figure
    We opened up production in a second facility and the dark undercoat is a bit different than early frames (has a bit more of that gray/semi glitter look). The color description was updated to better reflect the actual color as it is more yellow than green (it's a mix of both colors but the yellow is most prominently visible).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wareagle View Post
    Comparing my gloss "anthracite/green" frame that I got in March with a new one in the store, the new frame looks more gray. Also noticed they changed the description to "anthracite/yellow" on the Pivot website, and the new pic (with the Fox 34 fork) does look yellow compared to the one shown in the video freeze frame at the bottom of the page.
    Does anyone know if they actually changed the color of the frame or just the graphics, or both?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Glad to know my eyes weren't tricking me. Out of curiosity, if one had an earlier frame and needed a replacement swingarm, would the only option be the "new" color swingarms (which would not exactly match the color of the earlier frame)?

Pivotal figure
    I'd have to look into what we have for spare frame parts on that frame, We usually have a small selection of front and rear triangles but I don't know when we received them. I'm guessing we have a couple from the first factory but moving forward they'll all be from the newer facility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wareagle View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Glad to know my eyes weren't tricking me. Out of curiosity, if one had an earlier frame and needed a replacement swingarm, would the only option be the "new" color swingarms (which would not exactly match the color of the earlier frame)?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    I was given one of the new ones as a replacement (due to some clear coat defects). Have to admit, I wasn't thrilled about the color being different after spending so much on is bike. The shop's only response was that it wasn't that noticeable, but I noticed it (before I even knew Pivot had made a slight color change). To me it's like buying a Ferrari with a hood that's almost the same color as the rest of the car. I don't think that would fly in the car world.