BOS Kirk on a Mach 6

Printable View

• 12-06-2014
    OriginalDonk
    1 Attachment(s)
    BOS Kirk on a Mach 6
    Haven't had the chance to put as much time in on this thing as I'd like. Initial impressions are very, very positive though I'm still working through a bit of bracketing.

At this point I feel like I can confidently state it's another solid option worth considering. I'll post a little more info after I get a chance to hammer on it a bit more.

Attachment 944598
  • 12-09-2014
    zigzag84
    What news about this shock ?

Any vid ?
  • 12-09-2014
    OriginalDonk
    Still feel I need to put some more time in on the shock. Build quality is exceptional. My shop got ahold of BOS and they suggested the 216x64mm Kirk (reference 151512-E-004) with KI02 valving given the leverage curve of the Mach 6. I've fond the factory settings (LS 12 clicks, HS 17 clicks, Rebound 12 clicks) to be a very solid starting point. I've since dialed out a bit of LS and rebound.

I don't think I have the skills, the patience, or the time to match the video you posted ZigZag! I'll report back.
  • 01-06-2015
    zigzag84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
    Still feel I need to put some more time in on the shock. Build quality is exceptional. My shop got ahold of BOS and they suggested the 216x64mm Kirk (reference 151512-E-004) with KI02 valving given the leverage curve of the Mach 6. I've fond the factory settings (LS 12 clicks, HS 17 clicks, Rebound 12 clicks) to be a very solid starting point. I've since dialed out a bit of LS and rebound.

I don't think I have the skills, the patience, or the time to match the video you posted ZigZag! I'll report back.

News about this new shock ?? Do you use all travel ?!
  • 01-06-2015
    OriginalDonk
    I am really really enjoying the Kirk and have found a setup that really works for me. The rear feels far more composed than it ever did with the Float X and is tracking exceptionally well. Yes, I am using full travel on some of the larger drops (~2.5m to transition) and all but about 15% travel through very chunky sections. It's feeling better and better and is incredibly well matched with the Deville.

HSC, LSC, and rebound are all there between the shock and the down tube at arms length for easy adjustments. I'd say there is a risk of over tuning or over tinkering before you hit enough varied terrain to see how things are going to react so a little discipline is required (at least for me).

I haven't ridden a CCDB CS so can't compare. Maybe Zig Zag will pick up a Kirk and he can provide that comparison :cool:.
  • 10-20-2015
    zigzag84
    Hi

What news about your Kirk ??

I've buy one. What is your pressure (psi) ? Your weight ?

How oring have you in air chamber (reduce air volume) ?