429 Enduro Limited Edition- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

429 Enduro Limited Edition

Just arrived! Anyone else had the chance to ride one yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 429 Enduro Limited Edition-a772c5b8-ad3d-4f05-b987-71bb34179560.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    seems a lot of money for a 36 and carbon wheels---$7500 even with a 15-20% discount hard for me to grasp----

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome man. Build it up! Will be watching. Sold my 2020 Hightower for a 2019 pro xt/xtr factory T429... Love it much better for peppy trail riding / fun.
    Pivot Trail429
    Surly Wednesday
    RSD Catalyst all road bike

Int'l Sales - PIVOT
    Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    seems a lot of money for a 36 and carbon wheels---$7500 even with a 15-20% discount hard for me to grasp----
    $6,099 - Trail 429 Pro XT/XTR
    $7,399 - Above build with Reynolds Black Label Carbon Wheels w/i9 Hydra Hubs (wheels alone retail for $2,100)
    $7,599 - Above build with Fox 36, Fox DPX2, Custom saddle, XT cranks, Kashima Dropper

FYI,
    JP
    PIVOT Cycles

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT pivotcycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    John I agree with you on list prices----I own the xt/xtr bike with shimano 12 speed and am very happy with it ---also did own the previous version----actual prices may vary more with the non enduro builds and a particular LBS

Int'l Sales - PIVOT
    Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    John I agree with you on list prices----I own the xt/xtr bike with shimano 12 speed and am very happy with it ---also did own the previous version----actual prices may vary more with the non enduro builds and a particular LBS
    It should all be relative though, right?

Say you got a 20% off Bro Deal on the Pro XT/XTR bike: $6099 less 20% = $4880.
    If you got the same deal on the Enduro build, it's $7599 less 20% = $6080. That's a $1200 up-charge over what you paid for your Pro build, and that's Black Label carbon wheels, Fox 36, DPX2, saddle, cranks, and factory dropper.

Seems like a hell of a deal any way you cut it. The wheels alone are worth more than the up-charge even at SRP, so it's like you're getting a discount on the wheels and the rest of the upgrades for free.

JP
    PIVOT Cycles

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT pivotcycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Brave to call a 120mm bike enduro! Looks nice though, and sure a build I would love to have, but it's 10mm more than most "down country" bikes.
    5010v3 @mikerides.mtb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqmike View Post
    Brave to call a 120mm bike enduro! Looks nice though, and sure a build I would love to have, but it's 10mm more than most "down country" bikes.
    "Enduro" has become a catchy word to express the features. The bike would kill it on our local non technical enduro series.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Curious why this is only a limited build and how limited it really is? Looking to buy either the trail 429 or Switchblade (or since Iím happy with my older Ibis, a Ripley or Ripmo) and this build seems to hit the spot in the middle. Been hearing all the new Switchblade rumors and want to wait a while to see what develops but Iím liking this build. Also I apparently need to work on my negotiating skills but discounts like those would speed up my decision.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    deleted