Pipedream Moxie...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pipedream Moxie...

I couldn't resist first post in the new sub-forum.

http://www.pipedreamcycles.com/shop/...v=3e8d115eb4b3
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Ovaries on the Outside
    lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    My V1 Moxie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pipedream Moxie...-img_20191006_193242000.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by specializedcrave View Post
    My V1 Moxie
    R U running the bike as a mullet? Also, is that fork a short offset?

I've always liked it when bikes are clearly used and abused. Well done, nice MOXIE!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Yes, I run it mullet style and it is a short 42mm offset lyrik ultimate. What a absolutely phenomenal bike it is... I have a fairly large stable of bikes including a Wreckoning, and a Following and this is the bike I seem to always grab and have beaten every one of my PR's set on others bikes with the Moxie...amazing bike....Amazing!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by specializedcrave View Post
    Yes, I run it mullet style and it is a short 42mm offset lyrik ultimate. What a absolutely phenomenal bike it is... I have a fairly large stable of bikes including a Wreckoning, and a Following and this is the bike I seem to always grab and have beaten every one of my PR's set on others bikes with the Moxie...amazing bike....Amazing!
    Hi again!

Very interesting setup you got there. I also see you got a very short stem and a hi-rise handlebar. Would you mind giving some more info on your setup, i.e. tyre sizes front and rear, rim sizes front and rear, travel on the lyrik, stem length, handlebar rise and width, crank arm lengths, seatpost travel etc. Also, are you running the long or the longest?

I own a long Moxie MK1 since April, I am running it full 29er, 2.35 Magic Mary supergravity front and rear. The only tyres that would survive... Also running a 51mm offset DVO diamond @ 140mm travel that I am looking into replacing with a short offset fork that will be also able to take a larger tyre up front. Cockpit is 38mm stem and lo-rise 760mm handlebar, without spacers under the stem. This gives me a very aggressive riding position and good traction up front however I am having a lot of pain in the neck trying to look far ahead on the trail when going downhill... Crank arems are 170mm. Although trying several stem heights by adjusting the spacers, I feel that something is wrong in the setup...

Thanks in advance for the info!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I run mine with 27.5x2.5 WTB breakout high volume tire on a Nox 36mm carbon wheel. Front is 29x2.6 Maxxis dhf on a Spank aluminum 395+ 35mm wheel. Stem is 35mm length with 15mm spacers under, and 38mm rise bars. Lyrik is 160mm, cranks are 165mm, and seatpost is 150mm all on MK1 Long. I'm 5'5" and setup feels amazing!!