YANEPAMTBR - Yet Another NEPA MTB Ride- Mtbr.com
    Chilling out

YANEPAMTBR - Yet Another NEPA MTB Ride

What can I say, after excessive downhill fun on Saturday a totally pay-2-play ride for Sun was mandated.

Fortunately, this is easy to accomplish here, so around 1pm we intrepid four set out for a nice afternoon of great company, incredibly perfect weather (I think the high was 74 and there was *no* humidity, too cool for sleeveless jerseys or loitering around in the shade too much for this thin-blooded import), and great singletrack.

I rode a total of about 20 miles, and probably less than 8 of it was doubetrack or connector road. The rest of it was "deep woods off" style. Great stuff.

I don't know which cheecks are more sore, the ones on my face from grinning so much all weekend, or the ones on the other end from working so hard / falling all over Blue Mountain!

I can't remember the name of this place, but it's neat. From the top of one of the hills available to ride later on you can see it from far, far, away.

Chriffer, like me, couldn't stay off the bike on such a nice day. We both switched our bikes from flat-pedals to clipless to make up for Lazy Legs though (we did NOT coordinate, it JUST HAPPENED, REALLY).

Joe, super strong and solid rider, showing how to clean a nicely technical rock section. It's hard to see in the pic but it's an uphill grade with wheel-trap spaced rocks.

I couldn't decide which exposure I liked more so you get both of them.

What my bike sees.

Jeff, feerless leader, constantly promoting someone else to lead the way so he doesn't clean ALL the spider webs off the trail. Thanks again Jeff!

mtbr member

What a day...

What a day...what company...what terrain....what a ride!! Thx for bringing it back to the absolute front of my mind.....the description is fitting...the pics are nice...really like the pic of Chrif with the lake in background...captures the beauty of the area....also really like to see the gps profile....i am convinced we rode that in the right direction based on your gps....we have done that ride in reverse...now I know why it feels like were climbing....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Members who have read this thread: 0