Wyoming Valley Ride 3 5 2006 Proformance Cycle- Mtbr.com

May 2004

Wyoming Valley Ride 3 5 2006 Proformance Cycle

Mike and Austin:

Hey guys thanks for riding today. It was great to meet you!

The ride started around 11:30 not much wind. The sun came out and from there it was amazing! The blazing sun was melting the snow. In areas where the sun did not hit the ground was frozen solid. Made for interesting traction conditions. We made our way up the 2 mile climb to the top. View was awesome! Windy at the top! Crystal Blue sky!

We decided to ride the technical trail back down rather than the open trail. No Quads had gone there yet. I can't say I blame them. It's wicked in the summer when it's dry! Past the mine, then the rocks then the downhill. Slipping and sliding all the way. Staying in the center was really hard. The snow would grab your front tire and throw you off your line into the edge of the trail. Lots of friendly Quad riders giving us the Thumbs up! It is fun looking at their faces as they go by us. I know they are thinking "Why do those guys ride Mt bikes in snow, Uphill"

Finallly got to the powerline extention. Well our old friend MUD was waiting to clog our tires and rims with it's gripping power. I looked down twice thinking I had a flat. Nope just Mud-O-Cross. We made our way to the Challenge. Played there a while, then onto a pile of railroad ties we arranged to be useful to us. Thank god this stuff just lays around waiting for us to come around and ride it! Rode back on the Railroad bed to the cars!

Amazing ride in the 40s!

Austin you are an amazing rider! You have balance and skills which really show.I like the way you think your way through a section. Hey Mike your ok also! LOL Dad! But the kids GOT IT!

We did some trials riding where we found stuff to ride! Trials in the mud and snow make interesting objects even harder to clean! Thanks Guys!

Can't wait to do it again!

LC
    Tour Guide and Chief Mud Inspector
    Attached Images Attached Images

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    Mike and Austin:

Hey guys thanks for riding today. It was great to meet you!

The ride started around 11:30 not much wind. The sun came out and from there it was amazing! The blazing sun was melting the snow. In areas where the sun did not hit the ground was frozen solid. Made for interesting traction conditions. We made our way up the 2 mile climb to the top. View was awesome! Windy at the top! Crystal Blue sky!

We decided to ride the technical trail back down rather than the open trail. No Quads had gone there yet. I can't say I blame them. It's wicked in the summer when it's dry! Past the mine, then the rocks then the downhill. Slipping and sliding all the way. Staying in the center was really hard. The snow would grab your front tire and throw you off your line into the edge of the trail. Lots of friendly Quad riders giving us the Thumbs up! It is fun looking at their faces as they go by us. I know they are thinking "Why do those guys ride Mt bikes in snow, Uphill"

Finallly got to the powerline extention. Well our old friend MUD was waiting to clog our tires and rims with it's gripping power. I looked down twice thinking I had a flat. Nope just Mud-O-Cross. We made our way to the Challenge. Played there a while, then onto a pile of railroad ties we arranged to be useful to us. Thank god this stuff just lays around waiting for us to come around and ride it! Rode back on the Railroad bed to the cars!

Amazing ride in the 40s!

Austin you are an amazing rider! You have balance and skills which really show.I like the way you think your way through a section. Hey Mike your ok also! LOL Dad! But the kids GOT IT!

We did some trials riding where we found stuff to ride! Trials in the mud and snow make interesting objects even harder to clean! Thanks Guys!

Can't wait to do it again!

LC
    Tour Guide and Chief Mud Inspector
    More pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Thanks Lee

We had a good time yesterday. Enjoyed the weather, riding and company. "Dad's ok too", I liked that. Hey at least for now I got speed on the kid, but like you said, that will fade soon too. Ahhh the joys of youth....

Enjoy life's ride, Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0