Wiss 4/21/12- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wiss 4/21/12

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Wiss 4/21/12

Just wanted to thank the guys who evidently stopped and helped me out when I had a crash on the bulldozed descent at the Wiss today. I don't remember you, but my riding partner kind of does. Someone in maybe Bicycle Therapy kit, I think. Anyway, thanks for helping out both me and my buddy. He was on the verge of a freak-out, and I was dazed and concussed. You dudes helped calm him down by keeping an eye on me while he flagged down the EMTs. That was awesome.

mtbr member
    Nice to see people helping each other out. What time did you crash? They had the Rally in the Valley yesterday.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhan View Post
    Nice to see people helping each other out. What time did you crash? They had the Rally in the Valley yesterday.
    About 9 am. I'd actually stopped by Rally and was getting in a bit of riding before heading back to Rally for the group rides.

Road Bike Review Member
    Man, I'm glad you are ok.......

I passed by when the medics were putting you on the board, so there wasn't much I could do to help.
    Bike fleet: Scalpel/Habit SE/Synapse Hi Mod/SWorks Tarmac/TJ CX/Trek Speed Concept 9 series/Ridley Noah

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ridenfish39, you're exactly the reason I'm putting this out there. I've been in your situation a number of times, wondering if the guy getting carried out is okay. I'm fine. Just a bit beaten up, and nothing that I can't recover from. The good news is, now I have an excuse for my crappy short-term memory.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    steelpot,
    Sorry to hear about your fall; glad you're on the mend.

Where's this "bulldozed descent" where you fell? I was out of town on biz last weekend, so missed the Rally, too bad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The bulldozed descent is behind Saul High School. This is more or less the section I'm talking about. I've heard it called the bulldozed descent or just the bulldozer because that's the section the water department bulldozed out last year when doing a bunch of work in that area.

mtbr member
    Is that the section that intersects with the 7MPH climb into the downhill with the jumps/moguls?
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Got it.
    Here's hoping you're back on the bike soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Josh,
    From the map and description, I think it's the section just after those hits (which are awesome), at the bottom of the slope if you're heading south.
    It's a little gravel-ish down there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steelpot View Post
    The bulldozed descent is behind Saul High School. This is more or less the section I'm talking about. I've heard it called the bulldozed descent or just the bulldozer because that's the section the water department bulldozed out last year when doing a bunch of work in that area.
    That's the section that had wood chips as ground cover (after it was bulldozed) last year. It's now smooth and super fast when going downhill/ccw.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhan View Post
    Is that the section that intersects with the 7MPH climb into the downhill with the jumps/moguls?
    That's exactly where I'm talking about. I may have done the map incorrectly.

Members who have read this thread: 0