Williamsport trails update? (again!)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Williamsport trails update? (again!)

With work and kids I haven't been able to scratch together much riding time this year, so I don't know what the trails are looking like around wmspt. Any new/updated trails in the area that I need to know about? I last rode the Poco trail at the water co a few times and liked that. Other than that I've ridden a few trails in Bald Eagle and that's all.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    After SVVC (IMBA) cleaned out Poco we had some meetings and continue to have meetings with the Water Authority. We were given the go ahead to re-open some old existing trails and hope that builds a relationship with them to maybe in the future open new trails. Currently there is some issues with the club having insurance so trail work is in a stand still over there.

We have got the go ahead to lay new trail over on Muncy Ridge. We started to lay some markers for the new "Boundary Trail" but haven't really started cleaning it. Here is a link to Muncy Ridge and the other side of 15 up on skyline trails.

MTB Project | Mountain Bike Trail Maps

Don't be fooled by the length. From the corner of the top of the gravel road to the end is like 4 miles or so. It is very rocky and will beat you up because if you go to the end of "C trail" you have to ride it back, do not try to go over the side towards the gravel road, it isn't even hikeable.

There is also a ton of riding out at Little Bear Creek, Loyalsock Trail area.

SVVC IMBA has been doing group rides on the 2nd and 4th thursdays of the month. Then we do trail work days on the 1st and 3rd thursdays of the month. Check out the facebook page for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/svvc.imba

Hope this helps.