Who rode Swatara 2/14/14?- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm Who rode Swatara 2/14/14?

I heard...
    ...Big D, Kuhlkat, Rapid Ron, the Goat, Chuck E, James, and Johnny P were tearing the trails up with Captain Madwagon minus the madwagon, but Pitch equipped instead!!!!!!!!

There were Green Mountain riders sighted there also...
    ...say hey guys!

Hum?...
    ...Someone took pics - will they appear?

Swatara...
    ...what a great place to ride with your buds! If you haven't you should...

Thanks "Samba"
    Trails were super...

mtbr member
    You heard right Buddy. It was an awsome day. Got to get back there soon.

fish
    Oct 2012

awesome!!

So did you guys ride 2/14/14 or 9/14/14????? Sorry I missed out. A free souvenir from OC. A terrible chest cold. Next time for sure!!
    Don't Limit your Challenges...Challenge your Limits!!!!!

mtbr member
    9/14/14. I thought Ronnie mentioned that you guys were going to be there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Windwalker...
    ...nice to see ya

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Are you lot talking about Swatara State Park in Lebanon and Schuylkill Counties?

Cheers,
    appalachian_kamper

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes...
    ...is there another one we don't know about?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Didn't you hear? I'm the narcissistic person who's so self-centered that he thinks he's the only person in the entire world that rides that trail... But seriously, I don't see many people out there. It's no where near as full as the one that runs from 12th and Walnut all the way to Route 230 just south west of Elizabethtown.

I'm assuming that you cyclists are riding the single track trails? I thought 2/14/14 was the date, and that I'd missed something. I'm glad to see that I'm just starpid, and I don't speak the vernacular you lot are talking.

I don't know much about the other trails. I only ride the railroad grade. I've been poking around back then when trains still occasionally were seen as far as Suedberg, and the Gap was still using Lickdale to haul in tanks and equipment.

I've been riding the trail off and on for more than ten years. Lately, I've been getting on it daily, but enough of my mindless banter.

So am I correct? This thread's about the "single track trails" they put in a couple of five or ten years ago? the x/xx/xx are trail designations? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers,
    appalachian_kamper
    Last edited by Appalachian_Kamper; 09-19-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes A,A1,A2,B,C,and D trails are singletrack D trail would be the most difficult, but only because it is tight and rooty. It is also the furthest from the trail head if one chooses to wander that far out. Even then there are bail out to roads if you know where to look, so many what I call "Road Warrior" loops (road, dirt road, and trails) can be had.

These trails are fairly easy and friendly as far as singletrack goes, but tons of fun we ride counter clockwise then stop for a break and continue with a second loop going the opposite direction making for a great day of fun.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Swatara's been great but is clockwise a more common route than counterclockwise through most of the singletracks? Nice to avoid collisions with other riders.
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Yes A,A1,A2,B,C,and D trails are singletrack D trail would be the most difficult, but only because it is tight and rooty. It is also the furthest from the trail head if one chooses to wander that far out. Even then there are bail out to roads if you know where to look, so many what I call "Road Warrior" loops (road, dirt road, and trails) can be had.

These trails are fairly easy and friendly as far as singletrack goes, but tons of fun we ride counter clockwise then stop for a break and continue with a second loop going the opposite direction making for a great day of fun.
    Thank you for that explanation.

I only live a mile east of Lickdale, so I get to the park quite often, which is almost daily. I'm just not familiar with all the new names they've given. I'm still calling things by the names they had prior to the state taking ​the land in the early 70s from the residence who lived throughout the park.

cheers,
    appalachian kamper
    Last edited by Appalachian_Kamper; 09-22-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There are no directional trails. If you go counter then you have the climbs on B and C. clockwise you get to hit them going down. I've ridden there quite a lot and have had only 1 near hit head-on.
    LOVE THE RIDE!